Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

PPU makes a 158gr?? o_O o_O
Yup. Couple guys I shoot IDPA/USPSA with who didn’t reload, used this stuff as it was softer shooting than factory 115/124 gr ammo. It was on the pricier side before the panic. I think it was like $5 or so more per box than regular factory 115 gr

Damn. My order shipped on 2/12 and I still have no idea when it is coming. It got caught up in the snow-a-poluzza in TX maybe? UPS excuse is the weather

I should have prefaced my post by saying Target is in CT and I'm in MA, so I suppose that's a good part of how fast it gets to me. But still, that relies on the warehouse hustling to get an order pushed through fulfillment for same day UPS scan. Lots of stores take a day or two just to get the shipping process started, so good on Target.

Got a "reward" from TS today. Not sure how this will work against the boogie man.
Mine arrives today. Can't wait for the tactical lanyard that most here had to overpay for ammo to get! Given that I've turned off the auto renew on my Prime, I'm surprised to be getting anything at all.

100 cases of 556 were gone in like 60 seconds this morning. When I saw it come up, I kept hitting page refresh to see the number of available boxes drop like a rock. That's $700/box! I understand things dissapearing when price for a box is $30: a lot more people can swing $30 as opposed to $700.

100 cases of 556 were gone in like 60 seconds this morning. When I saw it come up, I kept hitting page refresh to see the number of available boxes drop like a rock. That's $700/box! I understand things dissapearing when price for a box is $30: a lot more people can swing $30 as opposed to $700.

It’s a mental conundrum for sure. Especially for those of us with somewhat limited incomes. Fear of missing out, ordinance addiction, tax returns and stimulus checks; they’re all helping to perpetuate this.

Will this be available again?
Is todays $700 tomorrows $800?
What if ammo prices go down?

The answers are:
Maybe, if you’re lucky.
Probably.
Not likely in the foreseeable future.
So, plunking down $700 for 1,000 rds. or $350 for 500 (I scored some from the fire chicken drop this morning) makes total sense and is easy to rationalize. To me at least, maybe not so much the wife.

It’s a mental conundrum for sure. Especially for those of us with somewhat limited incomes. Fear of missing out, ordinance addiction, tax returns and stimulus checks; they’re all helping to perpetuate this.

The answers are:
Maybe, if you’re lucky.
Probably.
So, plunking down $700 for 1,000 rds. or $350 for 500 (I scored some from the fire chicken drop this morning) makes total sense and is easy to rationalize. To me at least, maybe not so much the wife.
Plenty of people are supplementing their incomes with ammo sales. When you know you can take a case that you purchased for $600 and flip it for $800, that's a pretty simple income stream. So long as you've got the credit limit on your CC, you could make $2k a month, easy. You only need 10 sales at that margin. With how many new shooters there are (for a variety of reasons), there's a shitload of demand, and the price follows the demand.

The answers are:
Maybe, if you’re lucky.
Probably.
Witnessed someone buy 8k rounds of 223 at $1 per round plus tax locally. Can’t flip that. I hope he bought at peak though because I am not buying at that

That's not an unusual or heavily inflated price. 338 Lapua Mag has always been an expensive cartridge ($5-$6/round). Not ammo shortage related.
I just got back from MFS. so, that exact 338 lapua box they sell for $86, not $124, in stock. expensive.
Of useful stuff - got 20 boxes of .22lr aquila super extra, copper plated, at $5.9 a box, 12cpr, not too bad for current prices. they still have some left, about of 40-60 boxes in the shelf.

Of other things - all who cancelled orders for Sumbro X-force 9mm luger - GOOD decision. it ran OKish with my CZ, but did not run well at all with G34 that has a bit of a weaker striker. i ran 20 rounds via g34 - 3 duds and 5 times did not go all the way back into the battery. CZ ate it OK though, so, i will finish it off in it.

Yes, also ran some Belom 9mm - it worked perfectly fine this time, in both guns.

Witnessed someone buy 8k rounds of 223 at $1 per round plus tax locally. Can’t flip that. I hope he bought at peak though because I am not buying at that
That’s crazy. You’d have to be either incredibly rich or incredibly stupid to pay that much. I guess you could be both.

I just got back from MFS. so, that exact 338 lapua box they sell for $86, not $124, in stock. expensive.
Of useful stuff - got 20 boxes of .22lr aquila super extra, copper plated, at $5.9 a box, 12cpr, not too bad for current prices. they still have some left, about of 40-60 boxes in the shelf.

Of other things - all who cancelled orders for Sumbro X-force 9mm luger - GOOD decision. it ran OKish with my CZ, but did not run well at all with G34 that has a bit of a weaker striker. i ran 20 rounds via g34 - 3 duds and 5 times did not go all the way back into the battery. CZ ate it OK though, so, i will finish it off in it.

Yes, also ran some Belom 9mm - it worked perfectly fine this time, in both guns.
Belom sucked for me in Sig M18. Out of 5 boxes, more than dozen of failure to eject properly

What is MFS? I live on the Northshore
thanks!

Sweaty Ben has Wolf and Red Army x39 for 40 cpr and 38 cpr

I would post the links but they will ship to C&R license holders in MA... otherwise they have to be shipped to a dealer in MA.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom