Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Hat tip to one of you guys on a good forecast. I overspent on Prime day (well, you really can't have too much ammo) because I got sucked into the whole prime day extravaganza. One of you guys said they weren't going to bother because the prime price would be the normal price in a couple weeks.

You nailed it. I got hosed. Live and learn. I still like TSA and will continue to be a prime member, but the carnival barker got me on this one.

No idea if that Herters ammo from BP/Cabelas is any good but they have it in stock online. The secret is that you need to add it to your wishlist then go to your wishlist and then click on "move to cart" otherwise it shows out of stock on the product page. Then you'll be able to update it to the 5 box limit. Free shipping to a store but do need to pay sales tax. $90 shipped for 250 rounds = 36 cpr.
For anyone watching this must ship to a Bass Pro or Cabelas store if in MA where your License to carry must be shown. No shipping to your house.

From reports I've heard first hand the overall quality of Herters hasn't been that good. More then a few FTFs and such. I've generally stayed away from it because of that. Others results may vary.

so, i have to say - i have some of the .308 in those exact boxes - blue PPU rifle line - they are absolutely abysmal. very bad groups.
may be this 30-06 is not same , but, dunno. from the 1MOA rifle i have i was getting 4-5 inches groups with that .308 PPU. switch to other ammo and it was shooting normal tight groups again.

Hat tip to one of you guys on a good forecast. I overspent on Prime day (well, you really can't have too much ammo) because I got sucked into the whole prime day extravaganza. One of you guys said they weren't going to bother because the prime price would be the normal price in a couple weeks.

You nailed it. I got hosed. Live and learn. I still like TSA and will continue to be a prime member, but the carnival barker got me on this one.
That was me that said that. Although I overspent quite a bit as well that day so don't feel bad. I was mainly looking at wolf stuff that I was afraid would sell out so I jumped on it. Looks like the prices of what I got havent dropped yet to what I payed but im sure they will. I dont regret it, made the mistake of passing on ammo the night of the ban wasn't going risk losing out again. 9mm 223 and the rest i passed on just Russian steel was what I was after.

so, i have to say - i have some of the .308 in those exact boxes - blue PPU rifle line - they are absolutely abysmal. very bad groups.
may be this 30-06 is not same , but, dunno. from the 1MOA rifle i have i was getting 4-5 inches groups with that .308 PPU. switch to other ammo and it was shooting normal tight groups again.

PPU is the only manufacturer making Swiss 7.5x55mm ammo and out of K31 it's marginal at best. Better then nothing since GP11 is unobtainium.

.09 per

Just saw your post, thanks for the heads up. I'm not a Prime member, so .10per, still OK, bought a case so at least shipping was free. I feel a bit more comfortable with my .22LR supply now. Still on the lookout for 9mm and 5.56 priced irresistibly!

I no longer live in MA, so I have other options, but I still like to support TSUSA.

Federal 12ga Truball and Truball Deep Penetrator are up... and going fast.

I really like the accuracy on the Deep Penetrator...
1634076467323.png 1634076495767.png

I wonder what Hornady means by "Military Grade"...?

EDIT: I guess this...

military-grade ammunition, which presents consumers with Lake City brass at more affordable prices. This line will include 223 Remington and 5.56x45mm NATO ammo, ideally designed to meet any consumers’ needs. Applications for the Frontier Cartridge range of ammo include plinking, target shooting and hunting to law enforcement training and self-defense. Hornady had gone above and beyond the industry loading techniques when designing the Frontier line of ammo; thanks to the quality control procedures allow for guaranteed reliability of these bullets. Each round of ammo includes brass cartridge cases and military-grade boxer primers and propellant, being assembled in the same method for the US Military is loaded on, this ammunition passes strict quality specifications to ensure reliability and accuracy. Like all Hornady ammunition, Frontier Cartridge ammo is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer-primed, reloadable brass cases and packaged in boxes of 20 and cases of 500, with free shipping available on full cases of 223 Remington ammo.

Last edited:
Natchez has Remington Thunderbolts for under 8 cents/rd (even with ~$15 shipping). Personally, I havent had a problem with these but I've heard they're bottom of the barrel 22 ammo. Im sure its fine for plinking. Everyone should have like 5000 rounds of 22 at this point.

Natchez has Remington Thunderbolts for under 8 cents/rd (even with ~$15 shipping). Personally, I havent had a problem with these but I've heard they're bottom of the barrel 22 ammo. Im sure its fine for plinking. Everyone should have like 5000 rounds of 22 at this point.

I'll spend 2 cents more a round for something that's reliable. Thunderturd are pretty awful most of the time.

I wonder what Hornady means by "Military Grade"...?

EDIT: I guess this...

They mean the same thing the military means by it - just barely good enough to get the job done.

Perhaps 24 years of aircraft maintenance with military grade parts and then 15 years watching contractors build military grade parts has left me a bit cynical. In spite of my giggles when I see a commercial product describing itself as military grade, it must be remembered that it will get the job done.

They mean the same thing the military means by it - just barely good enough to get the job done.
It may be an improvement over commercial part manufactured in the anticipation to brake apart an year or 2 past warranty period.

Back
Top Bottom