Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Got the Igman 124gr 9mm

Boxes are really compact just 4-1/4" x 2-1/8" and the tray uses little posts as separators.
Brass looks good for reloading, but won't really know till I work some.
Primers are sealed and the head stamp indicates this year's production.

I pulled 10 from a box randomly and checked COL they were all pretty close. The mean was 1.155" and variance from it was 2.056e-5 keeping in mind this is just me and a caliper.

We will see how they are out the business end of a pistol, but from the look of them I am pleased with the purchase so far.

JlM6YMJ.jpg

e9RwpcS.jpg

🐯
Everything I see with sealed primers I dismiss for reloading.

They always bring trouble, not worth it when 9mm brass is available everywhere and most companies do not seal their primers.

Fxcking missed it.

Ive been getting thru with 4 packs at WM...

But shells under 100 a flat are hard to find.
Larry has the 8's but for $95 per 250 plus tax and shipping. Usually has a free shipping on $49 orders coupon but don't see any today.
Edit: Ouch $20 shipping plus tax. Nevermind lol

Why do you want weak ammo? Slow 115s are doodoo. Yes, I shoot them but I'll take a 124 going 1100-1200+ all day long over that. I want ammo that works the gun. Also slow 115s are bad in stuff like PCC like uzis etc.

9mm going anything less than 1100fps isn't worth shooting unless its 147s lumpers for cans.

If you want it soft you're better off loading 147s, anyways. Weak 115s are horrible.
For the application and role it is intended for, which is usually affordable practice/target ammo, it has worked fine for me. Not saying it's an ideal loading for every application. I can't recall any firearm I've owned that did not run it perfectly fine (I generally avoid buying "finnicky" guns that won't eat anything)

Many shooters have had zero issues from thousands and thousands of name brand 115 gr 9mm. It just works. I understand your qualms but they have not effected my 1000s of rounds of range fodder 115gr like Blazer, Remingon UMC, etc.

Is blazer 124 quantifiably better for practice ammo? How exactly is it "horrible" for the application it's marketed for and used as?
I prefer 124gr in general for the added back pressure. I cut my teeth with that being the “breakin” gr weight. so I have a bias. 115 was always “weaker” and now “weak” 115 is that much more powder puff imo. I still shoot it when it’s what I have. but I try for 124-147gr as my go too range.

I also go heavy for caliber as a general rule.
It’s reasonable priced practice ammo and it runs in all of my guns. That’s all I require of target ammo.

About 147gr, and running/not running in some guns:

About 147gr, and running/not running in some guns:

I wouldn't go that far, but a lot of 147 factory ammo is mouse farts, too.

that's why gods bullet weight is 124gr or close to it

I wouldn't go that far, but a lot of 147 factory ammo is mouse farts, too.

that's why gods bullet weight is 124gr or close to it
Dr grant, what would you say about Blazer 124 grain? I didn't even realize that's what I had until you talking about it made me think. I sometimes just order whatever the cheapest decent name brand 9 mm is but apparently I got a case of 124 grain last order.

Dr grant, what would you say about Blazer 124 grain? I didn't even realize that's what I had until you talking about it made me think. I sometimes just order whatever the cheapest decent name brand 9 mm is but apparently I got a case of 124 grain last order.
I can't really pass judgment on that stuff cause I haven't shot a lot of it but I would like to Chrono it someday just to see what power factor it rates out at.... @ddraper might know wether its worse than blazer 115 or not.

I can't really pass judgment on that stuff cause I haven't shot a lot of it but I would like to Chrono it someday just to see what power factor it rates out at.... @ddraper might know wether its worse than blazer 115 or not.

I can't honestly tell if you how the 124 performs from personal experience and I haven't seen any direct chrono results myself. I can say that in the 4 years (17,18,19,22) I was MD for the MA States no one received a DQ for 124gr. Blazer. The only DQ for 9mm factory ammo was 115 gr. Blazer. I've heard a fair number of shooters indicate the 124 gr. Blazer was fine and no issues.

Anyone who has ordered from TSUSA, is the box your ammo gets delivered in blatantly labeled or does it come in a non descriptive box? Asking because I live in an apartment building and packages get left in a sort of common area mail room and I don't want some random to come across a package of mine and have it dissappear
When I ordered in the past, it came in a blank/discreet shipping box and the only thing on that box was the shipping label and the hazardous material label

So I guess I'm the kind of guy who buys ammo on the tax free holiday just to save a couple of bucks. I don't know whether to be happy with myself or disgusted? Small case of .308, merely a flesh wound. TS USA, get it while you can.

Back
Top Bottom