Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

f***ing hoarder!

You belong on one of those A&E episodes.

“Mr. Broc spends his free time dumping his primers onto his bed and rolling around in them naked until he resembles a disco ball or a sugar cookie with sparky sprinkles.”
[rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

So are you guys buying 22 at under 6 cents or are you waiting for prices to drop even further? [banghead]

I’m waiting for the next panic so I can over pay with money I don’t have. My panic buy will then cause more panic and less availability, driving the price up even more.

So are you guys buying 22 at under 6 cents or are you waiting for prices to drop even further? [banghead]

I wish the Armscor was subsonic but their “standard velocity” is 1135 fps. Ugh, by 20 fps. Maybe I will try some, see if the can slows it down enough.

I’m waiting for the next panic so I can over pay with money I don’t have. My panic buy will then cause more panic and less availability, driving the price up even more.
sarcasm-detector-the-simpsons.gif

No! That’s retard prices. I remember a time when they gave them away for free! And if you took enough, they gave you a free gun too!!!! Some old timers say they got free ammo, gun and a nice sammich but I don’t believe the sammich part for a second!

I wish the Armscor was subsonic but their “standard velocity” is 1135 fps. Ugh, by 20 fps. Maybe I will try some, see if the can slows it down enough.
How is that ammo for squirrels and rabbits?

What length barrel? Maybe it's slow enough in shorter longer barrels?
No, no, no. FIFY. You're doing it wrong. You want a longer barrel.

and

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/22lr/comments/c32ysi/so_whats_the_consensus_on_barrel_length_in_22lr/

"Another is sight radius. If you're shooting with iron sights, having a long barrel can be good to get the maximum possible sight radius. I also have a CZ 452 Ultra Lux which has a totally ridiculous 28.5" barrel. And I put Tech Sights on it, so the sight radius is actually around 30". It's less accurate in absolute terms than my fancy Kidd, but it's the best iron sights gun that I have by far, and super easy and forgiving to shoot standing with a sling. Also, it's so quiet you can probably shoot subsonics without hearing protection, even without a silencer."
1670366271630.png

and

Last edited:
Walmart is stacked deep with .22 right now but not cheap enough for my palette. I will wait more disinflation or a deflationary bust early next year.
Yeah, I've been replacing what I shoot with a box or two at a time. No real "investment" sized purchases...

How is that ammo for squirrels and rabbits?

No, no, no. FIFY. You're doing it wrong. You want a longer barrel.

and

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/22lr/comments/c32ysi/so_whats_the_consensus_on_barrel_length_in_22lr/

View attachment 694938

and

18” Kidd fluted & threaded bbl

I wonder why there's no .357 mag in stock. I've seen it for 0.50 in many places, but TS seems to not have anything .357 at any price.

Other vendors (who ship to MA) have 357 mag for 53 cpr shipped - less if you buy more. Their shipping is a flat $15.

Last edited:
I wonder why there's no .357 mag in stock. I've seen it for 0.50 in many places, but TS seems to not have anything .357 at any price.
63¢/round (prime price)

But you're right, not a lot there right now. (Heck, only 10 cases of that one)

Yeah, I've been replacing what I shoot with a box or two at a time. No real "investment" sized purchases...
This....just started buying again after a 2 year hiatus, and riding the market down slowly. Was holding 12 a box as my starter for 9mm....people told me I was nuts....well, 12 a box is here. Probably going down too.....barring retardism, maybe $10 a box sales is possible.

Target Shotgun shells, not so much, i've had to buy and replace, but mostly wal mart and the prices are still riding up, but availability is getting a lot better, so that will turn around soon for flatten. TS had Flats are dropping a bit down to $85 for 12 ga. lately. 28 ga I still reload. Overall for flats though, the market went from 60 dollar norms to almost 100 norms.

Buckshot and Slugs aren't like target stuff though, prices went from unavailable last year to cheap as shit this year......some of that Turkish stuff or nobel sport low recoil buckshot at 5 bucks a 10 pack is cheaper than I've bought slugs for in a long time, like 1990's pricing 2.50 for a 5 pack........buy cheap stack deep on those for sure......I buy a few ten round boxes a month.

.22 could care less, I have plenty. Certainly not buying right now.

Last edited:
I bought some Speer Lawman 95g .380. What’s everyone’s opinion on Speer? The stuff I’ve heard is all positive and that it is used in law enforcement. I’ve used it before and it was fairly clean and went bang every time. It was $15.63 per box of 50, so it got me wondering why it’s so cheap. *edit. Last time I bought it, a few weeks back it was $21.06. Maybe it’s just on sale.

Last edited:
I bought some Speer Lawman 95g .380. What’s everyone’s opinion on Speer? The stuff I’ve heard is all positive and that it is used in law enforcement. I’ve used it before and it was fairly clean and went bang every time. It was $15.63 per box of 50, so it got me wondering why it’s so cheap. *edit. Last time I bought it, a few weeks back it was $21.06. Maybe it’s just on sale.

I've used it in the past, don't remember having any problems with it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it for target practice.

I've shot a ton of Lawman .40S&W and .45acp and liked them both for range work. Never tried their .380acp. ammunition.
Good quality control, at least in what I've shot...
~Enbloc

What's the difference between this beige box "Automatch", and the blue box "Champion" right next to it?
Probably not much. I haven't shot any Fed-Champ .22lr in many years.

Champion on left... AutoMatch on the right (both are 40gn LRN)
Champ fps = 1240 AutoMatch fps = 1200

1670470784375.png

I've had good luck with Speer Lawman in 9mm for range use. Nice price -- the best I've seen is $17.99 for 9mm, and I'm not sure that's trustworthy.

Back
Top Bottom