• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Does CA have an actual law backing it? We know MA doesn't.
Actually, we don't know. The AG claims the MA law does back it. The only opinion that would matter is those of a court of competent jurisdiction, and that would be a MA judge or a first circuit federal judge - both of which have a history of adjudicating based on desired public policy, not law.

The CA law takes the position that an out of state vendor who turns a product over to a common carrier, passing title to the product at point of delivery to the common carrier, is actually doing a sale at the destination point of shipment - even though it no longer owns the product at the time the shipper delivers the product.

Hmmm. Still no movement on my order. My box must be on the bottom of the pile.
I've made orders in Nov and Dec. My Nov order did the same. I gave them a call and it ended up shipping out the next day. Service Rep said that it most likely just got mixed up on the fulfillment line and apologized.

As of today, they are about 10-14 days behind on all orders and California is the biggest reason why, Christmas was the second reason. They are going to be working through the weekend to make sure all California orders are shipped before the January 1st deadline. Once the California cluster F is done it will probably take another week or two to get fully caught up and then they will be back to 1-2 day shipping times.

Regarding openly discussing TSUSA's updated shipping policy, as mentioned by several people in this thread, they are fully aware that Maura may hear about this and they don't give a s#!t! They have multiple lawyers that looked into MA laws and as long as they have your LTC on file, Maura can go pound sand.

The CA law takes the position that an out of state vendor who turns a product over to a common carrier, passing title to the product at point of delivery to the common carrier, is actually doing a sale at the destination point of shipment - even though it no longer owns the product at the time the shipper delivers the product.

Isn't there a metric ton of case law involving shipping insurance which contradicts this contorted interpretation of the law?

So the carrier is acting as an agent for the seller? Using that logic, I shouldn't have to pay for it until it arrives...no?

I've made orders in Nov and Dec. My Nov order did the same. I gave them a call and it ended up shipping out the next day. Service Rep said that it most likely just got mixed up on the fulfillment line and apologized.

And just like that I get an email from Fedex saying it is on it's way :)

I ordered on the 19th and it's supposed to arrive tomorrow (29th). I'm guessing that they were trying to fulfill all the CA orders first. Maybe TSUSA or the buyer could get bagged if a package lands in CA after the deadline.

I ordered on the 19th and it's supposed to arrive tomorrow (29th). I'm guessing that they were trying to fulfill all the CA orders first. Maybe TSUSA or the buyer could get bagged if a package lands in CA after the deadline.
I had called them yesterday to check on an order and they have a recorded message while youre on hold, part of which was dealing with the CA situation. Iirc, they said they were taking CA orders up to Dec 22. I assumed that was to insure they had enough time to process and ship to get it there before the deadline.

I had ordered on the 15th and got an email today saying it had shipped and should be here tomorrow.

My order from 12/20 had a label created 12/21, got a FedEx update today advising of delivery tomorrow. Didn't bother calling TSUSA to ask, figured I'd get it eventually and it's a tad chilly to shoot this week anyway...

My order from 12/20 had a label created 12/21, got a FedEx update today advising of delivery tomorrow. Didn't bother calling TSUSA to ask, figured I'd get it eventually and it's a tad chilly to shoot this week anyway...
Mine was 13 days from order to ship with a holiday and a CA panic thrown in the mix. Wasnt really concerned, just that they kind of teased me when I ordered on the 15th and got the notification they expected to ship on the 18th and then nothing for another 10 days.

They are often late. This even before the excuses we are using for their performance now (CA etc etc). I do like using them but I dont expect quick service.

They are often late. This even before the excuses we are using for their performance now (CA etc etc). I do like using them but I dont expect quick service.

I've had my order delivered within two days of ordering on a few occasions. The timing of order deliveries going on right now is unusual for them. The convenience and the cost savings for using TS is well worth the wait.

I got my order today. Placed on 12/20, label created 12/21, actually shipped yesterday per FedEx. 8 days, not too bad, not too great.

Realistically, if you're ordering ammo online because you're "danger low" and a 5 day increase in nominal shipping time is an issue worthy of comment, the problem is YOUR inventory control, not THEIR shipping speed.

I'm a big fan of "buy it cheap, stack it deep" and my objective is to have a quantity sufficient to last 10 years+ at current consumption levels. I will NOT divulge how much or how often I shoot, but it's somewhat less than Jerry, somewhat more than average cop doing annual quals.

I got my order today. Placed on 12/20, label created 12/21, actually shipped yesterday per FedEx. 8 days, not too bad, not too great.

Realistically, if you're ordering ammo online because you're "danger low" and a 5 day increase in nominal shipping time is an issue worthy of comment, the problem is YOUR inventory control, not THEIR shipping speed.

I'm a big fan of "buy it cheap, stack it deep" and my objective is to have a quantity sufficient to last 10 years+ at current consumption levels. I will NOT divulge how much or how often I shoot, but it's somewhat less than Jerry, somewhat more than average cop doing annual quals.

Good strategy. You can't know when the next Newtown is going to happen. But it will.
Goal 1: exceeding the MA statutory limits, mission accomplished
Goal 2: I got a fire dept powder storage permit. rimfire limit on that exceeded. rifle calibers exceeded, mission partially accomplished
Goal 3: I went over on rimfire some time ago and have probably 50 bricks ahead in NH.
Goal 4: replace what you shoot
Goal 5: adding to my .50BMG and newly-added 30 caliber stocks at this point and now trying to shoot the ammo that I bought because it was all there was, and replacing it with what I'd want to shoot long(er) term.

TSUSA is very competitive in those calibers, and them shipping again, along with another vendor or 2 who shall remain nameless are helping stocks build. The fact that it makes maura pissed makes the purchases so much sweeter.

Good strategy. You can't know when the next Newtown is going to happen. But it will.
Goal 1: exceeding the MA statutory limits, mission accomplished
Goal 2: I got a fire dept powder storage permit. rimfire limit on that exceeded. rifle calibers exceeded, mission partially accomplished
Goal 3: I went over on rimfire some time ago and have probably 50 bricks ahead in NH.
Goal 4: replace what you shoot
Goal 5: adding to my .50BMG and newly-added 30 caliber stocks at this point and now trying to shoot the ammo that I bought because it was all there was, and replacing it with what I'd want to shoot long(er) term.

TSUSA is very competitive in those calibers, and them shipping again, along with another vendor or 2 who shall remain nameless are helping stocks build. The fact that it makes maura pissed makes the purchases so much sweeter.

[mg][mg]

my last order processed on 12/21 ...still waiting but no big deal i've got plenty on hand.
I'm sure once this California debacle is over we'll get back to the usual 2-4 days shipped. :)
Prime membership was paid for a long time ago LOL!

my last order processed on 12/21 ...still waiting but no big deal i've got plenty on hand.
I'm sure once this California debacle is over we'll get back to the usual 2-4 days shipped. :)
Prime membership was paid for a long time ago LOL!
LOL.

I've had my order delivered within two days of ordering on a few occasions. The timing of order deliveries going on right now is unusual for them. The convenience and the cost savings for using TS is well worth the wait.
This has been my experience as well - First several orders were at my door in 2 days. Orders this fall took about a week

Back
Top Bottom