Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

LOL, that is BS.

I was reading on the Amazon seller forums that UPS now uses a GPS. They mark where the package was left because of so many claims from people. I would assume FedEx does the same thing. When they scan it, it sends a GPS signal, so corporate can see where they scanned it.

UPS occasionally leaves my packages at neighbors' houses. If I get a notification telling me my package was delivered and it's not there, I know to walk around the neighborhood looking for it. For whatever reason, this doesn't seem to happen with Amazon.

I actually had a Target Sports order get left at the wrong address years ago. 245 instead of 254. Was able to sort it out under the radar. I always do my best to get those deliveries inside as quickly as possible.

UPS occasionally leaves my packages at neighbors' houses. If I get a notification telling me my package was delivered and it's not there, I know to walk around the neighborhood looking for it. For whatever reason, this doesn't seem to happen with Amazon.

I thought Amazon uses UPS. How else do they ship things? You lost me here.

Amazon has their own shipping now. They also frequently use USPS for the last mile. I see amazon arrive three ways, UPS, USPS and Amazon private. When it’s USPS it might be amazon or UPS delivered to my local P.O. and USPS delivering to my mailbox.

They ship with the most convenient carrier at the time. "Who's due to pickup next? USPS, Ok-send it."

USPS, UPS, Fed-Ex, or their own fleet of immigrants or millennials, with their own vehicles packed to the headliner with boxes.

Or at least you neighbors steps
I had a watch ordered from Amazon last year. Sitting in my office when I received the "delivered" text. Didn't see anyone come in, so I looked at the mail area of the building (nope), the lobby (nope), and then asked the rest of the folks in the office (nope).

Called Amazon. "The delivery was left on your back porch." When I told the operator that we were a 4-story office building with no back porch, she promptly credited my account for the watch. It eventually turned up the next week, when the people whose porch it had been left on found it and walked it across the street to our building.

Amazon has their own shipping now. They also frequently use USPS for the last mile. I see amazon arrive three ways, UPS, USPS and Amazon private. When it’s USPS it might be amazon or UPS delivered to my local P.O. and USPS delivering to my mailbox.

Did they stop using LazerShip and that other shitty last mile delivery company that I can't remember the name of? Those used to be the f***ing worst. Any time it said delivery via LazerShip I knew I wasn't getting my package.

LOL, that is BS.

I was reading on the Amazon seller forums that UPS now uses a GPS. They mark where the package was left because of so many claims from people. I would assume FedEx does the same thing. When they scan it, it sends a GPS signal, so corporate can see where they scanned it.
Mine say , left at front door or side door or delivered to customer which ever one applied. I'm guessing he left it at the wrong house and noticed his mistake and corrected it.

So I ordered 1/2, 1/6 order processed, delivered 1/13. Not bad considering the CA rush I guess, I'm satisfied. I'll be paying for the prime I think.

Last edited:
USPS has something like that. You can request a service where they take a pic of your mail at the po and another pic when they deliver it to your place.
It's called informed delivery and you get an email every day at about 0730. The photo is always taken (in case the feds need 2 investigate U for possible dissident behavior), but no second scan is done at delivery. Amazon, however, takes a photo of the package on your porch at delivery time (but only when using their own couriers).

I just opened one of the boxes wrapped in cellophane, they sent me the wrong ammo. .44 instead of .357. I just sent them an email now. We'll see how they handle it.

I just opened one of the boxes wrapped in cellophane, they sent me the wrong ammo. .44 instead of .357. I just sent them an email now. We'll see how they handle it.
I can always use more 44mag or special. Hell, I can always use more pretty much anything, there's still (some) space in the safe... Anyway, if they give you crap about taking it back I'd buy it from ya of you're close to Chelmsford or Marlborough (home and work).

I can always use more 44mag or special. Hell, I can always use more pretty much anything, there's still (some) space in the safe... Anyway, if they give you crap about taking it back I'd buy it from ya of you're close to Chelmsford or Marlborough (home and work).

I'll keep that in mind, I just want to hear back from them first.

I suspect they're having trouble with volume. I received .40S&W instead of .45ACP. I think I have a .44MAG in the safe. Maybe we can trade and you can retrade the .40?

Back
Top Bottom