Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Obviously we have no idea what the future holds (or even what might be happening now behind the scenes). But I think it's worth mentioning that, at least for the time being, TS stood up to Maura and is still doing business with those of us behind the iron curtain months later. Thumbs up! [rockon]

Ordered some wolf 303 and Fedex delivered it to the wrong house. Luckily my neighbor called and let me know. Not so bad if it happens in NH but in Mass it might make the news. FedEx finally called back 2 days later and was concerned it was ammo.

Your neighbor might've been less honest with 9mm or .223. He just didn't need your weird .303.

On a serious note, few years ago 2 cases of 9mm that I'd ordered from another online vendor were delivered to the wrong house and spent two days sitting outside during the heaviest rain of the year. I had my kids discard the soggy boxes and wipe every round. Fired just fine after that.

Just posted this in the "Deals and Steals" thread, figured it could use more play here...

SMOKING deal at TSUSA!

Federal Personal Defense 45 ACP AUTO Ammo 230 Gr Hydra-Shok JHP

Federal Hydra-shock, 45ACP, 230gr, 20 round boxes, $9.19 with Prime, 46cents/round, PLUS a $5 per box rebate for 2 boxes, so after rebate $4.19 per 20 rounds. 21 cents/round for Fed Hydra-shock, DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR. The ONLY downside is a max rebate of $50 per household, so only 10 boxes. I ordered 10. The price is good to start with, saving $50 pays for 1/2 the Prime membership all by itself!

Ordered a case of Wolf Gold .223 on Saturday and FedEx literally threw it onto my porch yesterday afternoon. I watched the delivery driver toss it and heard the thump echo even inside my apartment.

Rough handling aside, I'm glad they beat out the snow and rain.

So this Wolf Gold is good stuff eh? Is it worth the premium over steel?

I know I'm being a cheap f***, but I love shooting [mg]

No idea, it was just the cheapest brass-cased .223/5.56. I was going to get the Fiocchi, but they didn't have full cases in stock when I ordered so I went with Wolf.

On another site, people really like the gold but there is some problem with the gold not being recomended for use in the M&P 15s only. There is a long thread about a catastrophic malfunction and for the time being it is advised that M&P 15 owners not use it. It does not affect any other manufacturer. I wanted to get a case of it because peope love the stuff but i dont dare because mine is a M&P. It's over in the Smith & Wesson forums under m&p rifles.

On another site, people really like the gold but there is some problem with the gold not being recomended for use in the M&P 15s only. There is a long thread about a catastrophic malfunction and for the time being it is advised that M&P 15 owners not use it. It does not affect any other manufacturer. I wanted to get a case of it because peope love the stuff but i dont dare because mine is a M&P. It's over in the Smith & Wesson forums under m&p rifles.
That's a S&W problem not a Wolf Gold issue . Wolf Gold is Nato Spec ammo. If your rifle can't fire that then you have a problem. The warning was from Wolf not S&W and it essentially says if your M&P has an issue with it then Wolf won't cover it. Was there an issue with certain M&PS firing OOB?

Again, it sounds like really good ammo and no other rifle has any problems with it. Only the M&P and that certainly says its a rifle problem and unfortunately, I am one that falls under the recomendation of not using it.

Greg

Hmm I probably should have done more research since I got the Am federal MSR .556 55gr for .27 cents a round. Is this better or worse than the Wolf Squib? Looks like it is 2 cents cheaper per round.
wolf gold 223 is my preferred 223 55gr ammo. i would buy it over fiocchi, am eagle, umc, etc. It is phenomenal ammo and I have never had an issue w it. the brass is great too.

i put zero value in what some tard posted on a S&W forum.

Hmm I probably should have done more research since I got the Am federal MSR .556 55gr for .27 cents a round. Is this better or worse than the Wolf Squib? Looks like it is 2 cents cheaper per round.

they're all fine bulk 55gr ammo. because wolf carries the "wolf" name people like to rag on it, which I find annoying because after countless rounds everywhere from 50 - 300 yards i have had nothing but good experience w the stuff. if paying an extra 2c it isn't going to matter one way or the other. i also shoot a fair amount of steel cased ammo with zero issues despite most folk telling me it's garbage. the .308 wolf 145 gr FMJ is excellent el cheapo 308. i routinely shoot at 300 yards as well as people with 168gr handloads. now past 300 yards i will admit the lighter bullet starts to really crap out.

Obviously we have no idea what the future holds (or even what might be happening now behind the scenes). But I think it's worth mentioning that, at least for the time being, TS stood up to Maura and is still doing business with those of us behind the iron curtain months later. Thumbs up! [rockon]

And Thumbs Up to NES for not nuking this thread.

If a Seller has the BALLS to do the right thing, they deserve free publicity.

I don't know why mine takes so long compared to others. Ordered on the 6th and delivery is supposed to be by the end of Tuesday the 20th. This was the same case last time I ordered also. Is it possible it's because I'm not a prime customer?

Greg

I don't know why mine takes so long compared to others. Ordered on the 6th and delivery is supposed to be by the end of Tuesday the 20th. This was the same case last time I ordered also. Is it possible it's because I'm not a prime customer?

Greg

I've had the same experience, as well as receiving an order in two days, before and after prime membership :confused:

Greg

I've had the same experience, as well as receiving an order in two days, before and after prime membership :confused:
Same here, I think sometimes it's just a timing thing, no idea why. But at their prices even if I have to wait longer than I expect I don't mind. At this point with what's been going on for a couple of years, there's really no excuse for "running out" of ammo. If you don't have at least a couple of range trips worth of ammo you're not doing it right.

If you don't have at least a couple of range trips worth of ammo you're not doing it right.
Had to wait out a shortage, then felt like a jerk for ordering half of their limited inventory when it was back in. Now I keep a 1k cushion.

Had to wait out a shortage, then felt like a jerk for ordering half of their limited inventory when it was back in. Now I keep a 1k cushion.
Yup:) I have enough (hypothetically) 22 to last until my unborn grandchildren graduate college. Other stuff not so much, but I won't run out first, which is really all that matters:)

And don't feel guilty, if others don't plan to succeed how is it your fault that YOU did?

Back
Top Bottom