• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Took advantage of the Federal rebates (Black packs, Hydro Shok). Ordered Saturday nite - delivered this afternoon. Submitted rebates online. Only reason to leave the house is to get to the range!

FedEx brought me a box today, one of several recently. See their handwritten note in response to my "ORDER NOTES"...

Fwiw, ordered LATE Wednesday evening, basically Thursday, arrived today:)

View attachment 255241

One more reason to love these guys. I sent them an email several months ago asking if they planned to expand their .458 SOCOM selection. I never heard back, or maybe it went to spam and got wiped out or something, but I went back shortly after and they went from only having the Polycase stuff to a shitton, including the SBR plinking ammo I like. Guess there was some real demand there. Looks like it sold fast, too, because the good stuff (Barnes TTSX, the heavy bullets, and 350gn FMJ plinkers) are all out of stock now.

Just wish I could get reloading components from them too

And steel target shot shells. I like my club, but requiring steel shot on trap and skeet gets expensive and difficult to find.

My only complaint is that they don’t ship with an ammo can. Time to get some more, or hit the range. Or both!

Lol. Sitting here waiting on a shipment from TS and I get an email from FedEx saying:

Delivery Exception

Reason

1. Customer Not Available or Business Closed
Recommended Action
Delivery will be re-attempted the next business day.

Pure BS as I have been wiping away drool and looking out the window...

Hey, just be honest with me and say: "Driver had to take a shit and passed you by...)
Or, "Driver having carnal relations at this time, your delivery has been rescheduled..."
Hell, even "Leave me alone! I'm hungry and traffic sucks!"

Love Target Sports!
Hate FedEx! (I don't know how any gun-related business does anything with them since they stiffed the NRA...)

Lol. Sitting here waiting on a shipment from TS and I get an email from FedEx saying:

Delivery Exception

Reason

1. Customer Not Available or Business Closed
Recommended Action
Delivery will be re-attempted the next business day.

Pure BS as I have been wiping away drool and looking out the window...

Hey, just be honest with me and say: "Driver had to take a shit and passed you by...)
Or, "Driver having carnal relations at this time, your delivery has been rescheduled..."
Hell, even "Leave me alone! I'm hungry and traffic sucks!"

Love Target Sports!
Hate FedEx! (I don't know how any gun-related business does anything with them since they stiffed the NRA...)

Had a C&R delivery due once. Work owed me a day so I stayed home on the day the rifle was due. Hear the truck outside and the knock on the door. Get up and walk maybe 20' tops to the door and open it to see the Fedex guy already back down the steps and heading for the truck.

"Hey! WTF!?"

"Oh sorry...no one is ever home for these."

My deliveries have been left on the first step of my porch from fedex. I get that the boxes are probably heavier than the average, but it's only 5 steps, could at least put it on the porch like they do with the lighter packages. Reminds me, my .45's are getting low and I need to order some more :)

Fedex has delivered one package a quarter mile away left in a gravel driveway behind a bar in the city.
They frequently leave door tags on unmarked doors down the hall from my marked door.
My LGS was receiving a FEDEX for me when the message came up business closed delivery exception to which the owner called FEDEX and told them firearms in the package and if it wasn't there in short order he was required to call the emergency ATF diverted weapons line and the FBI would be greeting the driver at the terminal.............he showed up about 15 minutes later and learned there is a outside video surveillance system in place to substantiate his failure to even pass by the driveway.

They suck

I am now using a vendor who ships UPS for $9.95 flat rate.

I also try to use businesses that don't use Fed-Ex, last bad experience was, expediated( paid dearly for) delivery originally scheduled for Friday never showed up, checked website it was rescheduled to Sat. so now I'm home waiting for the truck parts I need to put the truck back together and get an inspection sticker. Hear the Fed -Ex truck roar thru the neighborhood and open the garage door, SOB drives by like it's the Indy 500 and roars around the corner and out of site. Figure he had to take a dump or something and go back to work hour or 2 later still no package, I go on the website and it says No one home delivery rescheduled for TUESDAY! I call Fed-Sucks and ask if I can meet the driver on his route ,they take my number and no one ever calls me back. So Tuesday comes and after I return from work the package is sitting in the rain on my driveway. This is for parts I paid extra to have 2-3 day expedited delivery for took 8 friggin days to come from the parts wharehouse in Tenn. Tried in vain to have FedEx rectify this $$ wise to no avail! Finally too my case to my parts dealer who gave me a reduced price for the troubles I had.

YMMV

I’ve established a good report with my FedEx neighborhood driver who also has helped me even unload that first heavy order from Target Sports right to my back door. Since then he has always come straight to my door with a smile. Can’t expect that for everyone else though......

My deliveries have been left on the first step of my porch from fedex. I get that the boxes are probably heavier than the average, but it's only 5 steps, could at least put it on the porch like they do with the lighter packages. Reminds me, my .45's are getting low and I need to order some more :)

Just picked up 1k of the Independence aluminum which I will report back with after running most of it through my “new” Sig P250c with the xchange kit.

YMMV

I’ve established a good report with my FedEx neighborhood driver who also has helped me even unload that first heavy order from Target Sports right to my back door. Since then he has always come straight to my door with a smile. Can’t expect that for everyone else though......

My neighborhood FedEx driver used to fly around our tight streets. Then he flew down our hill and hit my parked motorcycle head on, totaling it.
So, F-FedEx IMO

We got a new FedEx driver after that.

I get the “customer not available/ business closed” treatment on every package from Target Sport. Buy they would eventually show up the next day. So in general, I’m ok with Fedex.

It’s a lot worse if you’re dealing with another shipping company called Lasership.

Just got my 1k rounds of Independence .45 placed on my top step too with no one home :emoji_radioactive:

I never use signed delivery cuz I hate chasing it down :emoji_wink:

Back
Top Bottom