Target Sports USA prices up

Just went up on their ammo from the Labor Day sale. I see what was $170 for 1K is now $190

was the $170 stuff still in stock at that price? I see a lot of ammo at great prices on their site that's out of stock. When it comes back its usually at a different price.

It's got nothing to do with the Walmart news, nothing at all.

If anything if walmart was stopping sales of some ammo immediately, any of the ammo they bought or contracted to buy, isn't just going to get destroyed, it's going to get dumped back into the channel, which is generally good for us and might help keep prices low for a little bit longer. Of course it depends on how much capital the mids have. If I had powerball money I'd be buying a f***ing costco/BJs sized warehouse in NH or some other free-ish state and filling it with ammunition. [laugh]

-Mike

was the $170 stuff still in stock at that price? I see a lot of ammo at great prices on their site that's out of stock. When it comes back its usually at a different price.

You're right, the Blazer was $170 last week, now out of stock.

Half of the LGS' were buying their ammo from Walmart during the Hillary election ammo shortages.. Should be interesting in how this all shakes out.
Target Sports is still the best go to ammo supplier if you don't want that "just raped" feeling after buying a few boxes of 9mm at the LGS.

ammo is going up across the board , the first to run out will be the first to increase their prices

the slow rise in prices has been going on for about 3 months now at the distribution level , distribution is always the best price predictor as they will always go dry first

What do you all think about where .308 prices are going? US manufacturers only. TSUSA has some reasonable prices (in my opinion, anyway), and I’m wondering if picking 200, 400, or even 500 (mix of 150 or 180gr) rounds now is a good idea, given the Walmart debacle. Primary use would be range practice, and maybe some fall/winter hunting, but that’s almost guaranteed to be with my .30-06 in N.H., though I’m not averse to testing .308 in the field.

I was looking at the Federal non-typical, WWB, and American Eagle. Note that I’ve used the WWB and AE in my .223/5.56 and 300BLK without any issues whatsoever.

If you have a G3 or FAL clone, you can use the Tula/Wolf 308 which comes at $0.33/rnd. PPU is good for brass. I would recommend keeping a few boxes of hollow points.

To answer your question, 308 prices are going down. Most local guns stores are stocking cheap ammo in bulk.

Also, no need to worry about 308 hunting. There was a thread that was discussing how 308 is superior vs 30-06. However, the nostalgic factor can't be replaced.

ammo is going up across the board , the first to run out will be the first to increase their prices

the slow rise in prices has been going on for about 3 months now at the distribution level , distribution is always the best price predictor as they will always go dry first
Picked up 1k of Golden Tiger for $179 a few days ago, as low as I've ever seen it.

Know them well. Great guys. Last 1k I bought there was $239.

Thanks Bt.

Last edited:
If anything if walmart was stopping sales of some ammo immediately, any of the ammo they bought or contracted to buy, isn't just going to get destroyed, it's going to get dumped back into the channel, which is generally good for us and might help keep prices low for a little bit longer. Of course it depends on how much capital the mids have. If I had powerball money I'd be buying a f***ing costco/BJs sized warehouse in NH or some other free-ish state and filling it with ammunition. [laugh]

-Mike

I'm with you, Mike. If I hit the powerball, I'd be putting up a building to store the ammo I would be buying

prices across the board aren't up though. federal syntech 150gr is still same price for instance. it seems more that the cheapest stuff that also sells out the most is up a bit.

you are correct. I was paying 7.87 for a box of 115gr blazer, its now 8.27
Was looking for a newbie I took shooting this morning with his new Shield-9
As of today: $8.99 plus tax = $9.55 per 50-round box, or 19 cents /round.

Also, inventory availability is very spotty for 9mm. Was looking for bulk Geco. Only had Red Zone self-defense and frang...

F'in Walmart. With them out of the ammo business, prices have gone UP.

Back
Top Bottom