Target Sports USA prices up

Even though prices have been lower in years past, how often do you find rifle ammo (7.62x39mm) priced lower than 9x19mm.?
24¢ vs. 26¢, based on "in stock" ammo.

That's kind of nuts. Even crazier is to think that we're now down to "only" 1.5X the prior price of 9x19mm before SHTF with the Kungflu.

TSUSA had about 50 cases of Federal 9x19 yesterday at 17c for Prime members, I almost grabbed some but hesitated too long and it was gone...

Well, they have steel-cased 9mm for $9.99 now, so I guess my earlier post is superseded.
Their "In Stock" 9x19mm : 7.62x39mm ratio is now 20 : 24

Even though prices have been lower in years past, how often do you find rifle ammo (7.62x39mm) priced lower than 9x19mm.?
24¢ vs. 26¢, based on "in stock" ammo.
Back in the day before all the scares (2004 ish) that was pretty much a normal occurrence you could buy a thousand rounds of 7.62 x39 for like under a hundred bucks and 1000 rounds 9 mm would be $120...

Well, they have steel-cased 9mm for $9.99 now, so I guess my earlier post is superseded.
Their "In Stock" 9x19mm : 7.62x39mm ratio is now 20 : 24

Still though, that steel 9mm was like 0.13 or 0.14 before the lockdown, so while that's slightly better than the brass pricing right now, it's still running at a 30-40% premium over the pre-crisis pricing.

Still though, that steel 9mm was like 0.13 or 0.14 before the lockdown, so while that's slightly better than the brass pricing right now, it's still running at a 30-40% premium over the pre-crisis pricing.
Bear in mind some of this just isn't going away regardless even if Trump becomes president again... the days of $160 9mm cases are gone and won't be back for a long time.

Bear in mind some of this just isn't going away regardless even if Trump becomes president again... the days of $160 9mm cases are gone and won't be back for a long time.

Damn...I thought this was all corona pricing. I should have bought more than once case when I saw the writing on the wall back in January.

Damn...I thought this was all corona pricing. I should have bought more than once case when I saw the writing on the wall back in January.
Corona hit too close to the election I think. Seems like this panic is starting to wind down but the election is only around 6 months away. Imo, not enough time for prices and/or supply to get back to "normal" before people start to hedge prior to November. Really the time to load up on ammo is when no one sees any need to load up on ammo.

Corona hit too close to the election I think. Seems like this panic is starting to wind down but the election is only around 6 months away. Imo, not enough time for prices and/or supply to get back to "normal" before people start to hedge prior to November. Really the time to load up on ammo is when no one sees any need to load up on ammo.

We might have a small reprieve this summer but don’t expect the prices to drop too much or for too long.

Supply side price increases jumped about 1-2 weeks before the lockdowns set in. Basically if you weren't buying in late February ish, you probably started to get hosed pretty
fast. All rona did was bleed off the supply of cheap ammo in the supply chain.

We might see 200ish cases again this winter, but that "might" is pretty vague. That assumes that trump wins the election and the market loses its boner. Any little thing could set it
off....

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom