Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

In no particular order:

Pretty please - if you haven't sent your renewal in quite yet, do so now. It just needs a postmark prior to January 1.

The Club invested in a cell phone booster. If you have experienced a lack of signal due to walking into the Farraday cage, that should no longer be the case.

New member looking to start using the outdoor range and also get into trap shooting. For trap I only have a semi cz 1012, will I be good with a rubber band over the ejection port as to not be "that guy." Is just showing up on a Sunday morning and making it known I'm new to the club and trap be the best bet?

If you show up to the trap field with eye & ear protection and a good attitude, you'll be in excellent shape. You will almost certainly make some new friends.

Your shotgun will be fine. Just remember that the trapfield has an ammo limitation - shot size 7.5 or smaller diameter / larger number - which is what you really want for clays anyway.

Have fun. EDIT: There should be trap this Sunday, weather dependent. Hard rain usually washes things out.

Last edited:
Unpaid cards were turned off at the end of last week. Anyone who hasn't quite availed one's self of the 123 days since dues hit the mail can still pay until January 31.
So is it $25 or $50 for the late fee? The letter is contradictory. We’re getting into 33% knee cap territory here :confused:

Also are electronic payments being considered any time soon or are we waiting for .gov to ban fiat?

So is it $25 or $50 for the late fee? The letter is contradictory. We’re getting into 33% knee cap territory here :confused:

Also are electronic payments being considered any time soon or are we waiting for .gov to ban fiat?
The members voted to set the "late" fee at $50.

The last dues notices were mailed out in the front half of September. I did the math and had the exact figure in an earlier, recent post.

You had more than a fiscal quarter to settle up. GO FSCK YOURSELF.

Pay your dues, on time.

The members voted to set the "late" fee at $50.

The last dues notices were mailed out in the front half of September. I did the math and had the exact figure in an earlier, recent post.

You had more than a fiscal quarter to settle up. GO FSCK YOURSELF.

Pay your dues, on time.

Just WOW Bender. Eric never would have addressed a member with such a remark. No forum Admin rep either.

Absolutely my mea culpa. Between the demands of the workplace, the house, and taking care of the seniors in the family with dimensia and Parkinson’s its not a walk in the park.

I haven’t used the facilities in over two years but have continued to support the club.

Your letter calls out $25 fee and then tallies up $50. Whatever, held off sending the 200 beans to just get confirmation. I’m just doing the math.
And I assume by “members” voting for the higher fee it was board members only.

Really disappointed this response is coming from my club.

Question for the regulars as haven’t been there since well before the renovations.

What are the changes to the indoor West range? This used to be semi-verboten and seemed almost dedicated to youth .22 kids . Never used it once over 10years even when the East was crowded or some idiot in a hole over there.

What is the club membership count now that there is a long waitlist for new members?

Why do they call the board an “E-board”?

Any changes to the outdoor ranges? How busy does it get these days and how often and how long is the wait to get a bench?

Any changes to target stands availability for members or are we still shooting up wood pallets?

What are members using for steel plates outdoors. Any limitations with others shooting paper beside you?

Question for the regulars as haven’t been there since well before the renovations.

What are the changes to the indoor West range? This used to be semi-verboten and seemed almost dedicated to youth .22 kids . Never used it once over 10years even when the East was crowded or some idiot in a hole over there.

What is the club membership count now that there is a long waitlist for new members?

Any changes to the outdoor ranges? How busy does it get these days and how often and how long is the wait to get a bench?

Any changes to target stands availability for members or are we still shooting up wood pallets?

What are members using for steel plates outdoors. Any limitations with others shooting paper beside you?
I haven’t noticed it being any busier with new members and haven’t had to wait for a bench; however I tend to go more when it’s cold because I generally hate people and I really don’t want an RO up my ass. They did put some stone down, but mud is mud. You can still do a Seal Reveal in some of the puddles on the small 50 yd.

There’s nothing wrong with pallets and I appreciate them being there. Sometimes I’ll bring steel and hang it on the 100yd.

It’s a pretty relaxed club, as it’s always been. Don’t do anything dumb and everyone leaves you alone.

Last edited:

I was there last week, says accepting new members for December 2024. @Grendizer138 answered most of the other questions.

I always bring my own stands and steel.

The driveway is now paved. I have a couple, some 1/2” other 1” threaded pipes with 36 or 48” legs I believe. I have it so it breaks down into the trunk of a car.

What are you using for stands? I need to come up with something I can fit in a sedan.

How bad is the road with the perpetual rain?
I used to use grading stakes; they fit fine in my old corolla.

The driveway is paved, and the drainage at the range was significantly improved 5-8 years ago. There is a small puddle near the gate immediately after hard rain, or a melt - this is mostly a function of being at a relatively low point.

Right now, the range proper is great.

The volunteer from the E-board and the one from the range officers completed the re-plumbing in under 45 minutes. It was fun.

The cutting fluid will be restored shortly.

Back
Top Bottom