Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

Serious question. Is there any new blood interested in being a part of the E-Board?

The lack of 21st century communication from the Leadership is astounding. As of today their website says the following.

1590875729821.png

I ask because I would fully support some changing of the guard here. I stopped going to the outdoor range on Sundays because of who I assume are RSO's making the rounds being obnoxious and a list of other grievances I won't bore anyone with.

I think those of us that would like to see changes are interested to know if there is anyone to throw our support behind.

Other than posting on the TRPC website, how else should people be notified ? I think the only other way would be to send notices in the mail , which isn't feasible at this time.

Supporting and finding someone else interested in taking on an unpaid second job isn't going to be easy. The club has got to be near 4k members and I'd guess less than 1% do everything.

Is there a way to oust an RSO ?

Other than posting on the TRPC website, how else should people be notified ? I think the only other way would be to send notices in the mail , which isn't feasible at this time.

Supporting and finding someone else interested in taking on an unpaid second job isn't going to be easy. The club has got to be near 4k members and I'd guess less than 1% do everything.

Is there a way to oust an RSO ?

Updating the website is not a big task. They could also very easily post an update here, maintain an email blast list etc.

I understand it won’t be easy but that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be done.

The way one of the RSO’s behaved while giving us a “tour” during orientation or whatever it’s called was despicable.

Which one?

Generally, in orientations, Eric does the group address then Dave and Ben [myself] each take half.

If I was wrong, if I've abused you in the past few years, please tell me so that I can stop, fix it, make amends, and not do it in the future.

Which one?

Generally, in orientations, Eric does the group address then Dave and Ben [myself] each take half.

If I was wrong, if I've abused you in the past few years, please tell me so that I can stop, fix it, make amends, and not do it in the future.

If I recall correctly he was younger, bald or short hair and glasses. Group was shooting at the indoor range and when we walked into the range they stopped shooting while the “tour continued” they huddled up and were talking amongst themselves and he yelled at them to shut up.

During the orientation process a new member was a couple minutes late and the same guy mentioned above yelled at him for sitting down prior to filling out some paperwork.

I also seem to remember that he had a family member on the board.

ETA: This was probably 5 years ago.

Ah.

I need you to quantify the term 'younger'. I turned 38 this month. This thread is 13 years old.

You're mad because five years ago someone shushed you?

Ah.

I need you to quantify the term 'younger'. I turned 38 this month. This thread is 13 years old.

You're mad because five years ago someone shushed you?

Nobody shushed me, the individual was a jackass to a group of members who stopped shooting to allow the tour to continue and according to him were talking too loudly. He was also a jackass to the new member who was a couple minutes late to a meeting. And I have other issues I won't air on the forum.

Am I to assume you match the description? lol

I would like to join but the application is asking for my job (I’m jobless) and a sponsor (I have no friends) [rofl]

For job you can say 'unemployed', 'college student', something along those lines. Just understand that initiation and dues will be about $225 [prorated by month]

So long as you have an FID / LTC the sponsor doesn't really come up - it's mostly a legacy from when the club had 50-200 members, very nearly required handloading, and you really did need to know someone to get in.

Not a single one of you keyboard warriors showed up to the meeting.

Recap: the driveway to the outdoor range has been paved.

The ready rooms have been air conditioned.

Most every wall, hallway, etc has had minor dings patched, many have been repainted.

Literally any surface that a human hand might touch has been repeatedly disinfected.

Monthly air filter changes were completed. Semi-annual air filter changes were completed.

And, as I'm moving away, out.

Not a single one of you keyboard warriors showed up to the meeting.

Recap: the driveway to the outdoor range has been paved.

The ready rooms have been air conditioned.

Most every wall, hallway, etc has had minor dings patched, many have been repainted.

Literally any surface that a human hand might touch has been repeatedly disinfected.

Monthly air filter changes were completed. Semi-annual air filter changes were completed.

And, as I'm moving away, out.

Your doing a great job fitting the description I laid out. Thanks for putting the nail in the coffin for finding a new club when my membership is up.👍

JR - I'm not the guy who barked at you five years ago. I had lasik prior to that. I do know who you mean, but you're not attempting to resolve past problems, you just want to have had a problem.

Please try to send the club some notice that you're dropping, so we can save the cost of a stamp and your invoice. Every bit helps members who aren't shitheels.

There is one RO that patrols rhe range on Sunday ( when he isnt shooting trap ) that is uh, loud and obnoxious.

Dont leave a decent club over one incident that happened years ago.

Id attend meetings and other events if i could remember to write them down.

I haven't been yet since the reopening. Has there been a lot of waiting at the outdoor range ?
I went last weekend around 4pm and was surprised it was completely empty. A few folks trickled in after a while. I expect it was busy in the morning.

Went to the indoor range yesterday afternoon. Only 2 other people there. Was great to shoot again, had been a long time. Was hot as a mofo, thermometer in the range read 93 degrees. I don’t remember it getting that hot in there. Anyway, it was good to get back there

Back
Top Bottom