Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

Under rules of order usually used in organizations such as this, notice of the election is to be made and a quorum of the membership must be able to vote.
I don't see either of these happening. What is the eboard - a bunch of democrats? :D:D:D

It is a good club and I like going there, but it doesn't belong to one group. C'mon eboard, I know you're seeing these. Open up the process.

Certainly wasn’t posted on the website unless I missed it.

The website says "2022 dues invoices will be sent out in September. Dues are due and payable by December 31, 2021. Payments in arrears as of January 1, 2022 will result in the deactivation of your access card. Members who have not paid by January 31, 2022 will be removed from the membership rolls and will need to reapply for membership"
Has anyone received theirs? I haven't seen anything as of yet.

The website says "2022 dues invoices will be sent out in September. Dues are due and payable by December 31, 2021. Payments in arrears as of January 1, 2022 will result in the deactivation of your access card. Members who have not paid by January 31, 2022 will be removed from the membership rolls and will need to reapply for membership"
Has anyone received theirs? I haven't seen anything as of yet.

I haven’t gotten mine.

September was 2 weeks ago and there is still 2.5 mos left in the year, compounded by any delays with USPS.

And, if I was to guess, unless the renewals are handled by a third party, that there are probably less than 10 people handling all of the administrative work for the club. I dropped my renewal off in person last year and the two people sitting in the office amidst a pile of papers were also the same people I've seen shoot trap, set the steel plate racks up for the plate shoots, and clean the ranges .

There is an update posted on the web site regarding renewals.

And a question, maybe it has been asked and answered but I'm not going thru all 61 pages to find out. They don't allow pistol caliber carbines on the indoor range, I'm not questioning it, I really don't care but I'm just wondering what the reasoning is?

There is an update posted on the web site regarding renewals.

And a question, maybe it has been asked and answered but I'm not going thru all 61 pages to find out. They don't allow pistol caliber carbines on the indoor range, I'm not questioning it, I really don't care but I'm just wondering what the reasoning is?
I heard it's because of the backstop design. ???

Pistol caliber carbines: every time in the past 20 years that the club has attempted to allow PCCs, someone shows up with a Mosin Nagant or a .30-06 and starts shooting. This is not an exaggeration. Consequently, instead of saying "no rifles" the rule is 'no centerfire rifles'.

Yes, this is because of idiots being idiots. The backstop on the main range *will* safely contain centerfire rifle cartridges, but that causes accelerated wear and tear which the club wishes to avoid.

Idk what you complainers are talking about, I got mine…
I simply asked the question because the site said september i wanted to make sure i wasn't the only person who did not get it yet. I don't really care if it comes in today or next month as long as i know im getting it. Far from complaining. Looks like poeple have been getting them the past couple of days so id expect ill get it this week. Thanks for those who responded with out feeling the need to be an a**h***.

I heard it's because of the backstop design. ???

Pistol caliber carbines: every time in the past 20 years that the club has attempted to allow PCCs, someone shows up with a Mosin Nagant or a .30-06 and starts shooting. This is not an exaggeration. Consequently, instead of saying "no rifles" the rule is 'no centerfire rifles'.

Yes, this is because of idiots being idiots. The backstop on the main range *will* safely contain centerfire rifle cartridges, but that causes accelerated wear and tear which the club wishes to avoid.
Figured it was something like that lol, thanks.

FYI - Anyone who was wondering, tomorrow's steel plate shoot is still on. Show up. Extra points for anyone who helps set up / break down the steel.

Hi everyone. Hope you've all had or are having a very merry, seasonally appropriate, happy and healthy whatever.

Please, PLEASE get your dues at least postmarked by December 31.

If you have a buddy who is a member, you may wish to remind that person. It's a pain for everyone to miss the year end deadline.

Wishing you all the best....except that turd who wants to shoot a stocked pistol indoors and doesn't comprehend "no",

-Ben

This is the most flawed and stupid argument - I can still shoot a MP 15-22 that looks just like an AR-15, I could shoot a 22 cal MP5 but not an identical looking 9mm - or I could put a brace on my PCC making it a pistol and that's ok.... Somehow the idiots that can't read a sign are intelligent enough to know a brace vs a stock.

Do you mean to tell us that the club can't afford to fix it when needed or improve the backstop?

FYI - Anyone who was wondering, tomorrow's steel plate shoot is still on. Show up. Extra points for anyone who helps set up / break down the steel.
Are you guys planning to run any falling steel matches this year?
Will non-members be allowed to participate? Just curious.

Thanks.

This also seems like a red herring, are you telling me since 2012 when this rule was enacted not one single person has shot a center fire rifle in the indoor range?

How about a rule like "Rifles are allowed in 9x19 caliber only, and perhaps list some other caliber like fotay and 45.

Back
Top Bottom