Taurus loves gun control.

I'm not too fast to crap on someone who is in Brazil. The entire country is corrupt, and people sometimes are forced to say and do things with a literal or figurative gun in their back, or worse, in their loved one's.

You guys remember the shenanigans S&W was doing when Clinton was President? I can understand why it was done, but also that the boycott was justified.

Gun laws in Brazil don't mean a thing to me, but if Taurus came out and said they supported AWB in the US, I'd drop them like bad habit. They haven't done that, so no reason to not buy a gun they make simply because of public statements by one VIP in the company.

My guess.....this is why Taurus is setting up in GA. They may want to get out from under that bullshit. Or at least distance themselves from it as much as possible.

They make a fairly good plastic 9mm now.......G3, G4 and G3C are relatively good and reliable guns. I own a G3C for occasional summer carry, I hate small pistols and didn't want to spend much on something I wouldn't carry much.

That said, I never thought I would buy a Taurus.....but I did, and the value for the money is there. I've got 600 or 700 rounds thru that G3C without a hiccup.

People say the revolvers aren't as bad now either, but i have no idea.......if I buy a revolver its not going to be a Taurus. There is very little reason to go low end on a revolver.
My thinking with the Georgia facility is that they wanted/needed something in the US that could do as much as what is done in Brazil so that they could increase supply closer to the customer base, but also improve turnaround times for warranty work. Servicing work has gotten a lot faster, but the supply element is spotty. Seems you can get any semi auto you want, but for revolvers it depends on the model as I've been waiting 3 yrs for the 942 and 692 to be available and not at gouge prices.

You may think that Taurus is low end, but alternatively with the prices people are paying for Ruger's now and Smith's, I don't see them being worth those prices. I won't accept a $900 revolver that has to go back immediately, but for $350 or $500 I can with Taurus. Even beyond QC stuff, the Taurus revolvers I'm looking at getting check more boxes for me that what Ruger and Smith are doing now. An 8 shot all metal snub .22 for under $350? Idgaf what the DA trigger is like, they all suck in a snub .22 regardless of who makes it. A 7 shot .357 w/ spare 9mm cylinder? Nobody else is making that and with the industry cranking out 9mm like they're on meth and .38 or .357 not being produced enough to meet demand and primers still MIA for 3 yrs, I will not buy a .357 revolver unless it has a 9mm cylinder with it.

The reality of our situation right now is we may not even go back to pre Covid levels of ammo price and availability for the lesser popular calibers and that includes .38 and .357 simply because most people who bought handguns 2020 and on bought 9mm. The demand for revolver calibers and .45 is decreasing.

My thinking with the Georgia facility is that they wanted/needed something in the US that could do as much as what is done in Brazil so that they could increase supply closer to the customer base, but also improve turnaround times for warranty work. Servicing work has gotten a lot faster, but the supply element is spotty. Seems you can get any semi auto you want, but for revolvers it depends on the model as I've been waiting 3 yrs for the 942 and 692 to be available and not at gouge prices.

"GCA68 and small guns. " and yes, the servicing is probably part of it. But its mainly a dodge on GCA68 so they can build little guns here and sell them without getting cockblocked at
import time.

Gouge prices on a Taurus? [rofl] BTW for all you skinflints those old prices you think exist are probably invalid by now. That trains never coming back. Better get used to it.

You may think that Taurus is low end, but alternatively with the prices people are paying for Ruger's now and Smith's, I don't see them being worth those prices. I won't accept a $900 revolver that has to go back immediately, but for $350 or $500 I can with Taurus.

Lol either situation is dog shit, frankly. Most of this is because most gun buyers in the US are dust collector types. Probably an easy 20-50% never get fired anywhere other than the
factory (assuming that even happened. So the manufacturers bank on this. They know that 80% of the buyers in that demo are boomer fudds or weird prepper but not prepper weirdos that watched one youtube video and that they can take them to the cleaners because most of them will never fire the thing. So they allow the QC to get accordingly poor and just fix the
broken guns as they arise.

Even beyond QC stuff, the Taurus revolvers I'm looking at getting check more boxes for me that what Ruger and Smith are doing now. An 8 shot all metal snub .22 for under $350? Idgaf what the DA trigger is like, they all suck in a snub .22 regardless of who makes it. A 7 shot .357 w/ spare 9mm cylinder? Nobody else is making that and with the industry cranking out 9mm like they're on meth and .38 or .357 not being produced enough to meet demand and primers still MIA for 3 yrs, I will not buy a .357 revolver unless it has a 9mm cylinder with it.

So in other words you're asking for products nobody else wants to buy? [rofl]

The reality of our situation right now is we may not even go back to pre Covid levels of ammo price and availability for the lesser popular calibers and that includes .38 and .357 simply because most people who bought handguns 2020 and on bought 9mm. The demand for revolver calibers and .45 is decreasing.

May not? Try never.

.45 ACP isnt going to be horrible because its mainstream but the other stuff is going to stay "eh" for awhile and most of the guys shooting wheelguns are siloed into two
categories... johnny 1 box at the range and a competition shooter. The competition guys are going to be reloading. And johnny 1 box wont care about his overpriced box of
ammo because it takes a long time to shoot 50 rds of 38 or 357 magnum when they take the gun out once a year. [rofl]

the slide mounted safety is so retarded only the US Army and Italians collectively could agree to do something that stupid.
I hated the M9 at first but it grew on me. I carried one daily for almost 20 years and have put thousands of rounds through them. I even went so far as to buy one of my own.

They tend to jam when they get dirty after 300 rounds or so, but the decocker was never a problem. That was always drilled into us “it’s a de-cocker, NOT a safety.” Semantics, but whatever.

"GCA68 and small guns. " and yes, the servicing is probably part of it. But its mainly a dodge on GCA68 so they can build little guns here and sell them without getting cockblocked at
import time.

Gouge prices on a Taurus?
[rofl]
BTW for all you skinflints those old prices you think exist are probably invalid by now. That trains never coming back. Better get used to it.
I wasn't thinking about GCA, but when you mention it, there's still the polymer PT22 and 25's that Taurus makes (I assume outside the US) and they sell them here. How they get enough points to pass the sporting purpose I have no idea. I don't want to talk about those guns tho, they suck.

And yes, when some sellers are asking $800 for a 692 and others $600, I put that into gouge territory considering the brand isn't well accepted here in the US.

Given the low supply of certain Taurus guns, I think you are wrong that the prices will not come back down. Time will tell, but when the Taurus 605's (J frame .357) can be found for under $350, the high prices for Taurus are not a new normal. They may be for other brands.

Lol either situation is dog shit, frankly. Most of this is because most gun buyers in the US are dust collector types. Probably an easy 20-50% never get fired anywhere other than the
factory (assuming that even happened. So the manufacturers bank on this. They know that 80% of the buyers in that demo are boomer fudds or weird prepper but not prepper weirdos that watched one youtube video and that they can take them to the cleaners because most of them will never fire the thing. So they allow the QC to get accordingly poor and just fix the
broken guns as they arise.
I agree with you on this 100% and companies in the industry are able to get away with this up to a point where the issues become so widespread and well known that they have to change course and begin to implement changes to up the quality. The difference is companies will be on these various inclines and declines regarding quality. Currently Taurus is on the incline, Ruger is on the decline and Ruger is going to get away with it for much longer than Taurus because Ruger has a huge base of fanboys will swear by the brand and even if they have to send their next 5 guns back multiple times before they're correct, it still doesn't register in their brain that the brand has issues.

I'm not going to say that Taurus 20 years ago was great, they weren't, they fukking sucked, but it's not 2003 anymore, so don't bother with the 15 year old video of the 24/7 that fires when vigorously shaken, it doesn't mean shit today.

So in other words you're asking for products nobody else wants to buy?
[rofl]
Not asking for, they already fukking make them. Ruger makes the LCR in .22 with a polymer frame that sells for $550 (I prefer metal), Charter makes an 8 shot .22 (that sucks because Charter sucks), and Smith makes the 317 (for like $800). Lots of those 317's are available clearly because people don't find them to be worth the asking price.

Problem with the 942 is you can't find them. This is the only one I can find online and the bid is already $425 with 10 days left. The bidding war on the final day will bring it up to over $500.

Oh, and the 692? Every single one on gunbroker has a bid. So much for people "not wanting to buy" these products. Name me another double action revolver with swing out cylinders for .357 and 9mm? You can't, nobody makes it because they'd rather that person buy two revolvers from them.

May not? Try never.

.45 ACP isnt going to be horrible because its mainstream but the other stuff is going to stay "eh" for awhile and most of the guys shooting wheelguns are siloed into two
categories... johnny 1 box at the range and a competition shooter. The competition guys are going to be reloading. And johnny 1 box wont care about his overpriced box of
ammo because it takes a long time to shoot 50 rds of 38 or 357 magnum when they take the gun out once a year.
When .45 ACP is double the price of 9mm, it won't take long before younger shooters who are focused so much on capacity and low price they will see no reason to bother with the caliber outside of the 1911 and maybe the occasional suppressed pistol.

For the wheelguns, I reload for all my revolvers, but when primers are still $130 a brick, I'm not interested. The industry has no interest in expanding their production capacity, I'm convinced they never will because why would they spend money to take a chance on a drop in demand when they can choose to not spend any money and still sell everything they currently ship?

I hated the M9 at first but it grew on me. I carried one daily for almost 20 years and have put thousands of rounds through them. I even went so far as to buy one of my own.

They tend to jam when they get dirty after 300 rounds or so, but the decocker was never a problem. That was always drilled into us “it’s a de-cocker, NOT a safety.” Semantics, but whatever.

Lol not sure if serious. If you have an M9 or 92 series gun that "jams after it gets dirty over 300 rounds or so" you have something called a broken gun. They're not
that unreliable. Maybe more plausible if you were talking 3000 rounds and not 300. But when I tried to make my 92FS fail by just pouring ammo through it, it refused. Of course this is back over a decade ago when 9mm was basically free.

And I say that as someone who doesnt even like most M9/92 because of that f***ing seer creep, but nobody could ever call those things unreliable like that. IMHO they were good enough that they're really only third to something like an old school P series sig or a Glock 17.

Lol not sure if serious. If you have an M9 or 92 series gun that "jams after it gets dirty over 300 rounds or so" you have something called a broken gun. They're not
that unreliable. Maybe more plausible if you were talking 3000 rounds and not 300. But when I tried to make my 92FS fail by just pouring ammo through it, it refused. Of course this is back over a decade ago when 9mm was basically free.

And I say that as someone who doesnt even like most M9/92 because of that f***ing seer creep, but nobody could ever call those things unreliable like that. IMHO they were good enough that they're really only third to something like an old school P series sig or a Glock 17.
We used to take our out once a month and shoot until we got bored with .gov ammo. It’s been awhile, but around 3-5 hundred rounds you would notice the gun getting sticky. The slide wouldn’t cycle as smoothly and we would start getting stove pipes. A quick wipe down and lube fixed the issue.

That’s the closest I’ve had to a malfunction with them. Aside from the occasional bad magazine, the guns were flawless until we got them dirty.

We used to take our out once a month and shoot until we got bored with .gov ammo. It’s been awhile, but around 3-5 hundred rounds you would notice the gun getting sticky. The slide wouldn’t cycle as smoothly and we would start getting stove pipes. A quick wipe down and lube fixed the issue.

That’s the closest I’ve had to a malfunction with them. Aside from the occasional bad magazine, the guns were flawless until we got them dirty.

That's just like so alien to me, in my mind a 92 is a gun that just can be run hard practically endlessly. I more or less had to give up trying to make mine
fail.

I guess I stand corrected on their junkiness.

Still not sure I have the room in the safe though. [smile]
"Safe"? Singular?!? Noob.

Jk. I have two G3's. Never fired. I bought them in 2021 when everything was in short supply. Two brand new full size 9mm's (one of my platform calibers, along with .22lr and .223/5.56) for $500 all in. I have two safes, one for my personal weapons, and one for my minions in the apocalypse. Mostly tongue in cheek. Mostly.

The Taurii, along with another full size nine and a couple of my several old .32 revolvers, reside in cheap holsters glued to the inside of the door of my apocalypse safe.

If you want minions in the 'pocalypse you need another safe.

My guess.....this is why Taurus is setting up in GA. They may want to get out from under that bullshit. Or at least distance themselves from it as much as possible.

They make a fairly good plastic 9mm now.......G3, G4 and G3C are relatively good and reliable guns. I own a G3C for occasional summer carry, I hate small pistols and didn't want to spend much on something I wouldn't carry much.

That said, I never thought I would buy a Taurus.....but I did, and the value for the money is there. I've got 600 or 700 rounds thru that G3C without a hiccup.

People say the revolvers aren't as bad now either, but i have no idea.......if I buy a revolver its not going to be a Taurus. There is very little reason to go low end on a revolver.
I think about the THC-9 or whatever it is... is the only newly made plastic DA/SA gun... but my Sig P365 is my EDC now mostly.. with the Revolvers and 3rd gens being the weekend BBQ/Church guns,

My first, and last Taurus, was bought about 30 years ago. I was not impressed.
I had a Taurus .380 that held 13 rds, I think, not that it could ever cycle 13 rds in a row.

Have they ever thought up something on their own, or is their whole business plan ripping off S&W and others?

Back
Top Bottom