• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taurus TX 22 Review

Having molested a few of these in person I see why they are very popular For a Taurus product... it actually seems facially pretty decent..... they might actually be turning some stuff around here and there like the new G3 looks like it might make a decent junkbox or survival bag gun for what it doesn't cost.... which is kind of funny because the G2 is a dumpster fire compared to the G3 or the tx22.... [rofl]

For some reason I feel like I should get one of these. Mainly for plinking and when I bring new shooters to the range. The SR22 is nice but damn is it tiny. My Ruger MKIII Hunter is nice but want something lightweight and full size. Seems like this could fit the bill.

For some reason I feel like I should get one of these. Mainly for plinking and when I bring new shooters to the range. The SR22 is nice but damn is it tiny. My Ruger MKIII Hunter is nice but want something lightweight and full size. Seems like this could fit the bill.

You should get one. It's a nice size and feels nice to hold while also being very light. Mine has functioned flawlessly with whatever ammo I've used. My only complaint is that the sights are chintzy plastic garbage. I've had a lot of trouble getting it sighted in correctly. I've tried the Tandemkross fiber optic front sight but it was shooting too low suppressed even with the rear sight all the way up. So far the best I can get it is with the original front sight but it is still a tad low with the rear adjusted all the way up. I'll have to black out the front dot and break out a file next.

Still recommend highly and since I posted this I have to admit the S&W hasn't been shot much.

The Taurus comes out every time and everybody that tries it really likes it.

You should get one. It's a nice size and feels nice to hold while also being very light. Mine has functioned flawlessly with whatever ammo I've used. My only complaint is that the sights are chintzy plastic garbage. I've had a lot of trouble getting it sighted in correctly. I've tried the Tandemkross fiber optic front sight but it was shooting too low suppressed even with the rear sight all the way up. So far the best I can get it is with the original front sight but it is still a tad low with the rear adjusted all the way up. I'll have to black out the front dot and break out a file next.
That’s a bummer with the sights. I would like to shoot my rimfire dueling tree with this so having the sights dead on would be nice.

Still recommend highly and since I posted this I have to admit the S&W hasn't been shot much.

The Taurus comes out every time and everybody that tries it really likes it.
Awesome. Seems like a good gun to grab. Have you had any issues with the sights like JenkkiMike ^^

I’m running the TK fiber front, and it’s right on. At the time there were two height choices(?) and I may have ordered the tall, but I’m not seeing the option now. Gun runs great, and for the price you can’t go wrong.

I’m running the TK fiber front, and it’s right on. At the time there were two height choices(?) and I may have ordered the tall, but I’m not seeing the option now. Gun runs great, and for the price you can’t go wrong.

I wonder how much my problem is due to the suppressor affecting POI. I can't recall if I had this problem before but I haven't shot it without the suppressor in months. In my case a taller front sight would make things worse. I need something shorter. If I black out the dot on the front sight and file it down carefully little by little I think I'll solve the problem.

Awesome. Seems like a good gun to grab. Have you had any issues with the sights like JenkkiMike ^^

they are fine for a plinker/trainer. 3 dot white. Seemed to be right on from the factory. i hadn't thought about upgrading but i like the gun so much i might see what's out there.

I wonder how much my problem is due to the suppressor affecting POI. I can't recall if I had this problem before but I haven't shot it without the suppressor in months. In my case a taller front sight would make things worse. I need something shorter. If I black out the dot on the front sight and file it down carefully little by little I think I'll solve the problem.
Ahh could be the suppressor? Not sure.

Awesome

I'm sure its a fun gun... but the G44 is a million times worth it if all your gear is G17/19 based. Which mine is.
If I owned a glock I'd probably get the G44. Makes perfect sense to own one for a cheaper-to-shoot alternative to the G19.

If I owned a glock I'd probably get the G44. Makes perfect sense to own one for a cheaper-to-shoot alternative to the G19.

i love my G21 and have had 2 G19s, will probably buy another. I really don't see the value of training with a G44 but that's just me. the 10 round mags, initial price X2 of the Taurus and the additional $150+ for threaded barrel and you still have a bad trigger and ammo sensitivity. Cheaper and better practice with the G19 in normal times.

edit: i love 22s and will probably snag a G44 at some point

i love my G21 and have had 2 G19s, will probably buy another. I really don't see the value of training with a G44 but that's just me. the 10 round mags, initial price X2 of the Taurus and the additional $150+ for threaded barrel and you still have a bad trigger and ammo sensitivity. Cheaper and better practice with the G19 in normal times.

edit: i love 22s and will probably snag a G44 at some point
Aright you guys helped push me over the edge. The TX22 has been ordered! Should have it by Saturday. Can't wait.

Finally had a chance to shoot it tonight Only put 50 rounds of Aguila 38 grain ammo through it. This was a target at about 35 feet shooting at a steady pace.
675E19C4-B81F-4BFB-B6C0-F972BF0C88F1.jpeg
The first few shots were at 11 o’clock and 2 o’clock and then they all started landing in the bullseye. I didn’t even have to adjust the sights.

I can’t get over that trigger! Super light and crisp.

Last night I was manually cycling rounds and noticed they weren’t feeding. Took apart the mags and lubed them with some silicone spray. Good to go after that.

don't handle/shoot a TX22 lol, you might not think that G44 is so awesome. as a very expensive alternative to a G19 for trainer i'm sure it's fine
Except that a G44 really isn't expensive. None of the guns in this class are.

I’m surprised Glock stuck with tilting/browning action for the G44. Blowback has so many advantages including more reliable when suppressed and no need for Nielsen device. As a ”G19 intro or trainer” the G44 probably has a legit role but as a straight up 22lr pistol I see no point.

@andrew1220 that Taurus tx22 looks sweet. I once had a ppq 22lr and sort of miss it. That was a cool gun. My understanding it was a S&W just wearing Walther clothes.

I’m surprised Glock stuck with tilting/browning action for the G44. Blowback has so many advantages including more reliable when suppressed and no need for Nielsen device. As a ”G19 intro or trainer” the G44 probably has a legit role but as a straight up 22lr pistol I see no point.

@andrew1220 that Taurus tx22 looks sweet. I once had a ppq 22lr and sort of miss it. That was a cool gun. My understanding it was a S&W just wearing Walther clothes.
Yeah it’s a great gun. Plastic mags are super cheap (but they work) and the slide is aluminum but many 22 semi auto slides are. Barrel I think is the only steel part in the gun lol. But for the price point, having standard cap mags (free state of course), and a 4 pound trigger out of the box, it’s an awesome deal.

Glad I’ve been stacking the 22 ammo deep as I’ll be burning through it a lot with this gun.

Except that a G44 really isn't expensive. None of the guns in this class are.

MSRP $430
Threaded barrel $150
std cap mags LOL
reliability with all 22 ammo Priceless
sites that can be adjusted to actually be on target, hit or miss according to most reviews
trigger job $$$

everything is relative i guess

the original S&W m&p was a walther, but the compact i showed above is made by Smith. not sure on the PPQ, but might be the other way around, made by walther.

Back
Top Bottom