Taurus TX 22 Review

MSRP $430
Threaded barrel $150
std cap mags LOL
reliability with all 22 ammo Priceless
sites that can be adjusted to actually be on target, hit or miss according to most reviews
trigger job $$$

everything is relative i guess
Lol trigger job? Its a friggin 22, just shoot it. These aren't postal match guns. Same for the Taurus. Taurus is probably a "better value" but you guys are a bunch of skinflints. I probably will have a TX22 and an M&P 22 next year, too. they're certainly cheap enough to get into

At least these guns aren't shit garbage mc shit like the P22, or Mosquito.

Lol trigger job? Its a friggin 22, just shoot it. These aren't postal match guns. Same for the Taurus. Taurus is probably a "better value" but you guys are a bunch of skinflints. I probably will have a TX22 and an M&P 22 next year, too. they're certainly cheap enough to get into

While it's a better value it's also a vastly superior gun IMO. The trigger is far better than the G44 (my G44 pulled at around 7.5 if I remember right), threaded barrel included, better sights(barely), and 6 more rounds in a plinker matter, for me anyway. Side ejection port on the TX22 vs top/side on the G44 makes the TX22 a much better suppressor host for those in free states.

I wanted to like those so bad lol

While it's a better value it's also a vastly superior gun IMO. The trigger is far better than the G44 (my G44 pulled at around 7.5 if I remember right), threaded barrel included, better sights(barely), and 6 more rounds in a plinker matter, for me anyway. Side ejection port on the TX22 vs top/side on the G44 makes the TX22 a much better suppressor host for those in free states.
THIS

I'd be shocked if the trigger on my TX22 is any more than 4 pounds. It's real nice for such a cheap gun.

mosquito ex owner lol. I hear ya. What a beautiful piece of shit. Raffled it off on FB when that shit was goin on. Thank Christ

Got well over 3k rounds through mine at this point and it's been pretty damn reliable. I think I've had 2 lightstrikes with Fed Automatch but aside from that it's been flawless. I just can't stop shooting it. Comes to the range with me literally every weekend.

On another note, I somehow managed to lose 2 brand new 10 round mags I bought last month [crying]
I've never lost gun related stuff before in my life and don't know how I managed it. I'm wondering if they may have fallen out of my coat pocket at the range and I somehow didn't notice - won't know until the snow melts[laugh]

Anyway, the mags are dirt cheap so I just ordered another couple mags for $43 shipped.

Got well over 3k rounds through mine at this point and it's been pretty damn reliable. I think I've had 2 lightstrikes with Fed Automatch but aside from that it's been flawless. I just can't stop shooting it. Comes to the range with me literally every weekend.

On another note, I somehow managed to lose 2 brand new 10 round mags I bought last month [crying]
I've never lost gun related stuff before in my life and don't know how I managed it. I'm wondering if they may have fallen out of my coat pocket at the range and I somehow didn't notice - won't know until the snow melts[laugh]

Anyway, the mags are dirt cheap so I just ordered another couple mags for $43 shipped.
You sure gou did not break them?
Andrew your getting old, accumulated to much shit, it is what happens.
I find the easiest way to find something is order more when it comes go put it away.......and what do we have here. Wait until no matter how hard you look you juzt cant cant see "it" sitting right there.
I was looking for a sleeve of 5000 pellets. Nope cant find them , so i order more. They came while I was at work. Wife calls and says, where do i put these. i say just toss them on the wall. She says o you mean with the others...now Im scratching my head as i would bet a weeks pay plus I checked there!

Look under the front seats of your car.

You sure gou did not break them?
Andrew your getting old, accumulated to much shit, it is what happens.
I find the easiest way to find something is order more when it comes go put it away.......and what do we have here. Wait until no matter how hard you look you juzt cant cant see "it" sitting right there.
I was looking for a sleeve of 5000 pellets. Nope cant find them , so i order more. They came while I was at work. Wife calls and says, where do i put these. i say just toss them on the wall. She says o you mean with the others...now Im scratching my head as i would bet a weeks pay plus I checked there!
[rofl] Definitely could have broken them...only made of plastic...

As for getting old I told my wife the same thing. I'm only 33 but I'm doing stuff an elderly man would do[laugh]

Oh that's too funny. Well I hope the same thing happens to me. Once the new mags arrive the "lost" mags will magically reappear.

After 2 full days of waiting for a proceed I finally got my TX 22 yesterday. The closest thing I have to it is the phenomenal Smith & Wesson M&P compact so I’ll use that as the measuring stick.

The Taurus is a little bigger in the length of both the slide and grip but no wider, slightly narrower. They are both light but I love the Taurus grip, and if you have large hands, you will too.
View attachment 353163View attachment 353164
Features:

The 16 round mags are awesome vs the Smith 10 rounders. They both have the assist feature that lets you compress the spring while loading. The Smith is a little easier to load but 10 rounds.
The triggers on both are good. 4.5 pounds for Taurus and 5 pounds for the Smith. Taurus is a little gritty but a very crisp break. Both are very good.
Threaded barrel on both, which is a necessity now that I’m in NH.

i ran 4 different types of ammo from 36 grain bulk federal crap hollow points to mini mags and 42 grain low velocity gem tech suppressor. 200 rounds through and they all ran flawlessly.
View attachment 353165

Shooting at 25 feet this is a few mags of CCI std velocity rapid and slow. Sights are 3 dot white and worked great.

View attachment 353168

If you can’t tell by now this is a winner. For $259 it’s a huge winner. Time will tell but due to the way the grip fits my hand, the trigger and 16 round mags, it might just beat out the smaller M&P.

It’s not the target pistol that my mark 4 target is and it’s probably not as nice or customizable as a 22/45 but they do cost twice as much or more.
How much was it?

Installed the Lakeline LLC stainless recoil assembly tonight. Supposedly it’s suppose to prevent cracking the end of the slide? It adds some weight to it which is kinda nice. This gun is so damn light.
Was it worth the $40? Dunno 😂 DFE4E296-67C6-40B4-AAEF-5E7784EDFBB7.jpeg66A072EB-A862-4910-8469-154BF77250ED.jpeg

I got a bunch of light strikes the last time I was shooting my TX22. To be fair I have put many thousands of rounds through it and never took the striker assembly apart. A quick disassembly and cleaning of lots of gunk around the striker and in the striker channel and it's functioning flawlessly again.

I got a bunch of light strikes the last time I was shooting my TX22. To be fair I have put many thousands of rounds through it and never took the striker assembly apart. A quick disassembly and cleaning of lots of gunk around the striker and in the striker channel and it's functioning flawlessly again.
I’ve been pretty OCD about cleaning mine which probably explains the very few light strikes. I shoot 300+ rounds every range trip and it’s usually very dirty after that. So I scrape out the gunk in the striker channel with a pick etc.

I’ve been pretty OCD about cleaning mine which probably explains the very few light strikes. I shoot 300+ rounds every range trip and it’s usually very dirty after that. So I scrape out the gunk in the striker channel with a pick etc.
Smart thinking. I'll definitely be cleaning the striker channel every time I clean it from now on. I really abuse the TX22 and hundreds of rounds through it, all suppressed, between cleanings. Earlier in this thread I complained about accuracy issues. A thorough cleaning of my suppressor and better a grip/trigger finger technique has improved things greatly. I'm still not a fan of the adjustable rear sight but it's working ok.

Smart thinking. I'll definitely be cleaning the striker channel every time I clean it from now on. I really abuse the TX22 and hundreds of rounds through it, all suppressed, between cleanings. Earlier in this thread I complained about accuracy issues. A thorough cleaning of my suppressor and better a grip/trigger finger technique has improved things greatly. I'm still not a fan of the adjustable rear sight but it's working ok.
Fiber optic front was a huge improvement for me.

Yeah I hate the rear sight. Mine shoots like 2" high at 30ish feet. Not the end of the world as I just use it to plink steel/dueling tree with.

Back
Top Bottom