• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tavor: who has one or opinion

Anyone see any tavor 7 20” for sale?
wwyNKBZ5hnSwnn8kM2a8JZArLgANoRJjddsefIMQg1nkUIsjfkEcktRCIXVlgQnYfZ1IKnDz-hBjJKPf4MPGCZPYoLl3G_BsR6KQ-9pWZVe2627oUIxQov1t_Kh2qsBIcQ58ISYtZ_JaQm1X0KSmu-ENzY6ZgQ=s0-d-e1-ft
Tavor SAR 7 in .308
Shown with Sig Sauer Romeo 7 Red Dot ($220)
$2099

GFA armstec, call them.
Our mailing address is:
47 Summer Street
Natick, MA 01760

Last edited:
I really like that trigger guard. Who makes it?

Yeah Tavor makes them but they will say in their own site that the colors may not match, which I thought was odd.
I bought my son an Airsoft Tavor several years ago and it has this trigger guard and I though it looked so much better than what they come with.

RC

I had a SAR-1 years ago. Trigger sucked the big one and I didn't feel like dropping another $300 on an aftermarket Timney to 'fix it'. Heard the newer X95 is better but the inherent design made accuracy much poorer, about on par with a typical AK. That being said, if it's good enough for the Jews, good enough for me. When the IDF was given basically free aka American taxpayer bought surplus M4s and they decided to roll their own, must know something we don't.

the inherent design made accuracy much poorer
mine shoots at 1.5-1 MOA with 68gr match loads. 55gr tula spreads closer to 2-1.5MOA.
realistically a 2" spread from a tactical gun at 100yds is all you need.

here the post from this thread - shot at 100yds with the 3x prism, tula.

The tavor sar has always been one my dream guns so I bought it when I finally came across this one found out the trigger sucks and compared to my mdrx it’s a thick gun😅 but the fact that for 3300 I got it in 556 and a 308 conversion made it a better deal for the mdrx

6F31A431-58D4-41CC-B0C9-87C54AB3C5B6.jpeg

Last edited:
The tavor sar has always been one my dream guns so I bought it when I finally came across this one found out the trigger sucks and compared to my mdrx it’s a thick gun😅 but the fact that for 3300 I got it in 556 and a 308 conversion made it a better deal for the mdrx

View attachment 540213
How do you like the MDRX? I’m so tempted.

How do you like the MDRX? I’m so tempted.
I like it the trigger is a dream compared to the tavor, I put 3 mags through out of the box and shot fine has it quirks but fun still getting used to the gas next to the face. And the caliber /barrel change is easy and can be done in 10 mins

I still never bought one. I have a running list of what is going to be my next rifle, but as soon as I get the $$ I look for something else, and in reality never buy anything high-end.

I see you went non-standard and replaced that nasty grip.

I like that rifle. I was going to buy the green one, since that is what I'm doing these days.
Careful with that optic. That is close to what I have deemed the "Walmart Red Dot". People in these types of forums will kill you on an optic less than $250.

RC

I used to have the cheep 30mm ones on everything until one winter when I was trying to sight one in. Shot after shot was crap. Then right after the 3rd shot I saw the dot drop.... The sight froze up and was just not moving as I turned the screws. It was THEN I no longer used the 3-4 I had. I went to more expensive/better optics.
I grew up that day... I think I was 40.

RC

I used to have the cheep 30mm ones on everything until one winter when I was trying to sight one in. Shot after shot was crap. Then right after the 3rd shot I saw the dot drop.... The sight froze up and was just not moving as I turned the screws. It was THEN I no longer used the 3-4 I had. I went to more expensive/better optics.
I grew up that day... I think I was 40.
it is an etched prism - a solid piece of glass hard mounted in a steel tube, it is actually a relatively OK sight. heavy, though, but good. i drop tested it to make sure. :)
at least my sample seems to be ok so far, after about of 1K rounds shot it still holds zero fine. i like plinking steel tula with it.

Last edited:
I've been playing with a Primary arms slx-1x prism sight on one of my other rifles recently and have been really impressed with it. So far I wouldn't hesitate to put it on my X95 as a SHTF set up. Gotta love the fact that you never need batteries, it holds zero and costs less than $250.

I've been playing with a Primary arms slx-1x prism sight on one of my other rifles recently and have been really impressed with it. So far I wouldn't hesitate to put it on my X95 as a SHTF set up. Gotta love the fact that you never need batteries, it holds zero and costs less than $250.
i had that one too but got rid of it - 1x is not really that helpful for 100-200yds ranges. can`t see.
a 3x prism is a sweet spot, for me. a 4x is a bit too much. with prisms the most critical thing is the eye relief and the factual size of the eye box where you can actually see something. this one is ok-ish. vortex one i also tried was plain horrible. 1x prisms have much better eye relief and box but you do not see much there with no magnification. there is always a trade-off somewhere.

i had that one too but got rid of it - 1x is not really that helpful for 100-200yds ranges. can`t see.
a 3x prism is a sweet spot, for me. a 4x is a bit too much. with prisms the most critical thing is the eye relief and the factual size of the eye box where you can actually see something. this one is ok-ish. vortex one i also tried was plain horrible. 1x prisms have much better eye relief and box but you do not see much there with no magnification. there is always a trade-off somewhere.
I thought about that too when I first started using it. I was trying to shoot tight groups on bulls eye targets and getting mediocre results. When I switched to just shooting torso sized targets and getting quality hits on steel I realized it was pretty quick and easy. The X95 or 1x optic isn't meant for bull's eye shooting. For anything between 0-200 yards of "minute of man" it's perfectly acceptable. Just put the tip of the Chevron on center and you'll hit it.

Still haven’t found a 20” one in ma
Are you looking to get some long(er) range shooting with a 20" barrel? IMO the Tavor is best suited for tight spaces with the 16.5 barrel or if all men (and women) were created equal in 13", but the latter are not for mere mortals like us!

308 is kinda bangy that close to your head. Plus 308 gets a little more zip. I have an 5.56 sar in 16 and x95 18. I prefer the 18. Since the muzzle on the barrel with prolly be pinned. Swapping barrels are prolly a no.

308 is kinda bangy that close to your head. Plus 308 gets a little more zip. I have an 5.56 sar in 16 and x95 18. I prefer the 18. Since the muzzle on the barrel with prolly be pinned. Swapping barrels are prolly a no.
Yup.....20" for 308 sure sure. I'd be more deaf if I tired 308 on a 16.5". Mine is 5.56, but if I found a barrel in another caliber on sale somewhere....or one someone wanted to unload I'd consider it....but new it's not really worth it giving the amount to time it takes to swap out.

Back
Top Bottom