• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tax Free Weekend

Haven't seen anything on here about tax free weekend. Guessing "The Mill" might be a little busy.

Thoughts? Specials?

Haven't seen anything on here about tax free weekend. Guessing "The Mill" might be a little busy.

Thoughts? Specials?

I'm gonna buy a pair of boots I was looking at, they were $100.

Been waiting for this day all year, I'm gonna stick it to a man and save $6.25!

Last edited:
I generally go to NH for stuff. And I order my guns off of tax free websites usually.

Tax free is not a big deal to me, being not far from NH. Plus its only up to $2500.....meh.

I may buy some tax free ammo online at Target Sports.

There has been ad ad for the Tax-free weekend on 560AM that has me a little puzzled. It includes guns in the list of things which are still taxed.

Is this new? I usually never bother getting excited over this event so I don't recall if this is a change or not.

Although I did get a break on a snow-blower about 10 years ago.

There has been ad ad for the Tax-free weekend on 560AM that has me a little puzzled. It includes guns in the list of things which are still taxed.

Is this new? I usually never bother getting excited over this event so I don't recall if this is a change or not.

Although I did get a break on a snow-blower about 10 years ago.
Guns should not be taxed.....but you know MA, they put in fine print, it would be new.

Don't buy guns in MA.....find an online at a tax free supplier, usually cheaper anyway.

Guns should not be taxed.....but you know MA, they put in fine print, it would be new.

Don't buy guns in MA.....find an online at a tax free supplier, usually cheaper anyway.

I did check the MA website, guns are not listed with the taxed items

There is a new gun shop 2 miles down the road (Bearded Arms) run by a great couple who also live in my town. They have helped me trim down my collection and made me some money in the process. I'm sure it's been a difficult process for them to start and run a gun shop in this not-so-friendly area but they are doing it.

Tell me again why I should screw them over and take my business out of state?

Last edited:
I generally never partake in this scam to save 6.25%, but this year I'm thinking of a few things I was going to get last week, figured I'd wait until tomorrow.
1) Tool Chest from Harbor Freight
2) Pool sand filter

Amazon recognizes the tax free thing too right??

I intentionally bought a $1k of home renovation supplies last weekend so I didn’t have to deal with mobs of people that can’t do math and f***ed up stock in the box stores this weekend.

Worth the extra $62 or whatever.

There is a new gun shop 2 miles down the road (Bearded Arms) run by a great couple who also live in my town. They have helped me trim down my collection and made me some money in the process. I'm sure it's been a difficult process for them to start and run a gun shop in this not-so-friendly area but they are doing it.

Never trust someone with an arm-beard.

Are phones exempt?

Not that I wait for this weekend, as I had no idea it was coming, but my phone is dying after 4 years and I didnt have time to go last weekend, so I might as well go this weekend.

I have a local guy 2 miles down the street as well that is a part time FFL. 99 percent of the stuff I buy he doesnt carry. And I usually ask if he does first before I buy. He understands the business....as a small dealer, he cannot compete with big online retailers. He will ask what my price is, and if he can't beat it or match it or even add a few bucks to it he will tell me. If not , he tells me to transfer it in.

He gladly does my transfers and doesn't think hes getting screwed over. I also try to send business his way when i can as well.
Many of my friends at my gun club now deal with him as well.

So......what's the problem with this??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom