• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tec-9

DosesR1

NES Member
It seems that they where everywhere when I didn’t want them, but now I can’t find one. do they come on the market often? At shows? And what’s a decent price for it ?

I would suggest a hi-point before a tec9, unless you want the tec9 for a conversation piece.

a Glock with a happy stick is far superior.

Last edited:
Four Seasons had one awhile ago. They also had a feather AT9. Occasionally these niche subs pop up but nostalgia grabs a hold of the best of us and people pick them up quickly.

Mostly just want it for the looks and they are fun when they work 😂

It is cool looking and fun to shoot (when it shoots). In no way whatsoever should you consider it for anything other than plinking / fun gun. This is not the gun you'll put in your bug out bag or even strapped to your back under a leather overcoat when you're in a bad part of town.

the unregulated upper comes up once in a while as kits. The lower is plastic ... yes, you can 3d print it.

There is a story about Canadian shop making CNC alum lowers instead of plastic and all employees thought it was for airsoft: Photos of illegal TEC-9 submachine gun factory operating in Montreal

It's a freedom gun, you guys shut up badmouthing it. What's next Mac10 sucks?

tec9.png

It seems that they where everywhere when I didn’t want them, but now I can’t find one. do they come on the market often? At shows? And what’s a decent price for it ?
A decent price is someone else paying you to buy it, it's enough of a piece of shit it's not worth the real estate in your safe.

the unregulated upper comes up once in a while as kits. The lower is plastic ... yes, you can 3d print it.

There is a story about Canadian shop making CNC alum lowers instead of plastic and all employees thought it was for airsoft: Photos of illegal TEC-9 submachine gun factory operating in Montreal

It's a freedom gun, you guys shut up badmouthing it. What's next Mac10 sucks?

View attachment 387226
Building it as an expedient is one thing - buying an old one that's papered? Blech. Also a mac on average will work better. Lots better.

I bought a Tec9 at a gun show in WA back in the 90’s, think I paid 300.00? maybe, new with mags, fake can extension and case for all.

After going to the range a couple times with it I realized that I paid like 250.00 too much and sold it quickly.

so much hate in this thread, it's like we are talking about a black gun

Tec 9 like any tube gun is going to suck and like any tube gun, you can make it run flawless. There are several uppers on sale. Printed lower you can make for any 9mm single feed stack mags you like, Glock whatever.

Plus:

MfLB0sQ.jpg

yall need to stop being ghey

Tec 9 like any tube gun is going to suck and like any tube gun, you can make it run flawless. There are several uppers on sale. Printed lower you can make for any 9mm single feed stack mags you like, Glock whatever.

Plus:

MfLB0sQ.jpg

I'm sure -you- can make a great one. The commercially produced ones though, were pretty much trash.

Plus:

MfLB0sQ.jpg

Now I need two

I'm sure -you- can make a great one. The commercially produced ones though, were pretty much trash.

if it was made as an open bolt subgun it would be fine.

but once you start going all “ ATF can not modify it to be an open bolt sub gun compliant “ and add in all sorts of “safety” gsarbage, it all goes to crap. And you end up with a pos like the semi tec, kg9 and most of the non open bolt MAC semis.

Last person that I know of that got one, paid $1200, and was happy at the price [shocked]

I know that they're not worth that, but I'd not sell mine for that, 'cuz, as Boris says, "It's a freedom gun."

I've used it in Basic Pistol classes in the section on Why People Have Guns: Too big to conceal, too inaccurate for target, too unreliable for personal defense. That said, 'Murica! [laugh]

All the hate, and all the love is accurate. If you want it, get it. "Its a Jeep Thing - you wouldn't understand" [laugh]

Last person that I know of that got one, paid $1200, and was happy at the price [shocked]

I know that they're not worth that, but I'd not sell mine for that, 'cuz, as Boris says, "It's a freedom gun."

I've used it in Basic Pistol classes in the section on Why People Have Guns: Too big to conceal, too inaccurate for target, too unreliable for personal defense. That said, 'Murica! [laugh]

All the hate, and all the love is accurate. If you want it, get it. "Its a Jeep Thing - you wouldn't understand" [laugh]
I plan on getting it but now I want two😂

There is a nice looking UZI 9mm for sale here in the classifieds. That is a better fun gun imo

uzis are in carbine category, unless it's a microuzi pistol, but that grip is wicked uncomfortable, plus bare kits were around $800 and whole thing was around 1500 market rate.

I plan on getting it but now I want two😂

Thank you for making me realize that I need to get a second one.

There was an upper that sold for 900 in August and another for 470 tonight. I need to dig mine up and see which parts are made from gold.

Plus:

MfLB0sQ.jpg

I think all the media hysteria about 3D printed guns backfired. When all the fracas started they were a cute novelty. Now the "community" is printing some very workable guns that can go thousands of rounds before you have to print another one.

I think all the media hysteria about 3D printed guns backfired. When all the fracas started they were a cute novelty. Now the "community" is printing some very workable guns that can go thousands of rounds before you have to print another one.

with a lot of guns, "receivers" were designed to be steel or aluminum (like beer cans) or pot metal or structural plastic like Nylon 66 so design and geometry revolves around it. Thus when people come up with plastic 3d receivers, there is some engineering needed to mitigate high stress areas with lower strength materials by making shit thicker, reinforcing etc.

original Tec-9 lower IS plastic and most stress, unlike Mac10, is contained in the upper, so 3d plastic model is not any different looking from the original, while providing many options for mags. This may explain why Mac10 prices may be on average lower than Tec9 uppers alone, and this is while Mac10 80% steel receiver are available. I think that people just hate building guns. 3d printing is like crack for lazy people.

Tec-9. Mac-10/11/whatever. All those 80's guns are cool to me. I did scratch my Uzi itch a year or three ago. Another uncomfortable-to-shoot firearm. Especially given it's weight and the caliber. A real face-slammer. I've had an under folder AK. I've got a side-folder AK. Neither hits as hard as that 9mm Uzi.

I may have said this here, but just before Newtown, there were several TEC's and M-11's on the board. I was all ready to contact a couple of guys and fulfill my 80's Rambo/Arnold dreams when Newtown hit. I wanna say the TEC was $450 and the M-11 was maybe $600. Maybe.

Dammitall! 12 years later I'm still smarting from not acting quickly enough.

I have a couple tec-9s in the cabinet waiting for me to have time to convert to full auto. If you watch gunbroker they do come up and you should be able to figure out a fair price. it will depend on how many "rares" are used in the description and how many mags it comes with. Also CHECK the pictures for cracks in the lower receiver.

T9-80 – 80% Tec9 Lower Receiver – PREORDER – Logic Industries LLC if you want an aluminum lower. He has made multi batches previously. He is a one man shop so when he completes one activity he moves onto the next that has enough pre-orders. I think he is working on his CS12 80%s right now and the tec-9 run will be next. I'm getting a small handful of these on the next build.

Once you go aluminum lower and get out from the biggest problem which is cracking the lower from almost any serious use (heavy bullets, rapid fire, full auto...) it should be a fun toy. I think you are only allowed to shoot it tilted 45-90 degrees though.

Of course if you are in MA it is named on the AWB so pre-ban only. The newest ab-10 is hideous with no barrel shroud and no threading...

Back
Top Bottom