• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Testing the Noveske and Battle Comp 1.5

After building my last 2 AR's with a Battle Comp and seeing just how AWESOME they truly are, I decided to build a super lightweight gun and throw another Battle Comp on it to see how effective it really is. Impressed is an understatement. I let a friend shoot it who grew up hunting with bolt guns but never fired an AR prior to this day. Here's the results

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive heard great things about BC. im getting a dynacomp for my SBR build. Ive heard that it does a better job of lessening the concussion on an SBR than the BC but the BC lessens the recoil and flip just a tiny tad more.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

That's kind of apples and oranges. The SJC is a comp that's sole design is to reduce recoil. The BC was designed to do nothing well, but everything OK.

SJC Titan brake

I agree that they were designed for different purposes and different markets. I just want to see what someone from the non-competition end of the spectrum would think of the 2. My though would be that it works great but is way to loud for their environment.

That's kind of apples and oranges. The SJC is a comp that's sole design is to reduce recoil. The BC was designed to do nothing well, but everything OK.
Would still be good to see how much of a tradeoff is being made because the BC does a much better job than many of the comps I've personally run into. I wouldn't say it does much about recoil, but certainly does deal very well with muzzle climb.

I for one would love to see an SJC on a full auto doing a mag dump. That would be border line offensive, but awesome.

That is impressive, I would like to see one in person.

Mike, did you replace the custom comp for an SJC?

From personal experience, the BC increases muzzle blast and concussion too. Having been next to many of cekim's mag dumps with that brake on, it is definitely more unpleasant than a regular FH. Is it effective? Yes, but like all comps there is a tradeoff. To me as one who detests blast and concussion it's not worth it, but others might differ. I'll take a suppressor over a comp on the end of the barrel any day.

To me as one who detests blast and concussion it's not worth it, but others might differ.

Maybe you should try this instead

hello-kitty-sewing-machine-pink-400x400.jpg

You guys really have that big of an issue with blast and concussion? I run an FSC556 which is supposedly "bad" in those regards and as long as I have ear pro in I don't have a problem standing next to the thing.

Mike

The problem is usually with those other than the shooter [wink]

I dunno, being curious people we took turns standing "next to" the shooter with both the BC and the FSC556, very scientific, I know, and none of us thought they were too bad or unbearable. Nothing like a nice warm cordite breeze.

Mike

Maybe you should try this instead

hello-kitty-sewing-machine-pink-400x400.jpg

Yeah I'm a pu$$y for not enjoying muzzle blast, whatever. I'd also like to keep my hearing when I'm older too. Watching my dad go deaf because of the hearing damage he suffered being a competitive shooter and seeing the impact it's had on his quality of life has made me that way. And if you don't think you're suffering hearing damage because you're wearing earplugs next to those things, you are. I've suffered enough hearing loss from my time overseas where I couldn't wear earpro, I don't plan on adding to it if I can help it. If that makes me a pu$$y, well then so be it.

Yeah I'm a pu$$y for not enjoying muzzle blast, whatever. I'd also like to keep my hearing when I'm older too. Watching my dad go deaf because of the hearing damage he suffered being a competitive shooter and seeing the impact it's had on his quality of life has made me that way. And if you don't think you're suffering hearing damage because you're wearing earplugs next to those things, you are. I've suffered enough hearing loss from my time overseas where I couldn't wear earpro, I don't plan on adding to it if I can help it. If that makes me a pu$$y, well then so be it.

If I am about to squeeze the trigger, the sensitivity person next to me is the last thing I am thinking about.

I am concerned that your language will make it difficult for you to fit in with your new sewing group. good luck with your quilt

Back
Top Bottom