• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Texas Domestic Shooting/Teal Shirt Guy/Graphic

Also one has to question the judgement of a woman who is going to opt in to her boyfriends child drama circus on purpose. It's not likely that any of this stuff was some kind of a surprise.

Same questionable judgment for the dude who killed his side piece’s ex over her child drama. Like, really? Your going to let your side piece exchange custody of her children at your house? Or let her be there knowing she’s keeping the kid from dad at the court ordered time? She must have beer flavored nipples.

I agree with some of your points. But, He did tell him multiple times to leave and he wouldn’t leave so he went in and grabbed his gun, there’s nothing wrong with that. He’s on his own property and has no duty to retreat. This is why I said I’m confused. If it’s OK for the McCloskeys to come out and brandish there shit at the crowd how is it not the same for this guy to get a guy off of his property who is loud, aggressive and threatening. We also don’t know what actual de-escalation was tried before the video was shot. I do still think it was all avoidable. Teal shirt guy should of just left and went the court route. The judge would of punished the POS Mother in some fashion for f***in with the court order and she wouldn’t do it again. I do feel bad for him and I will give him some credit too because all he wanted to do was see his son and his anger and emotions got the best of him.

Custody disputes are always more than just about custody. It’s very clear in this case. I do think that they didn’t realize he was really shot. I don’t own a PCC but that friggin thing sounded like a BB gun. The only person who loses the most out of this is the son.
Again, there may be no 'duty' to retreat, it doesn't mean you just get to go guns blazing. I taught UoF for law enforcement. I've taken an instructor course for CCW. I'd like to think I'm pretty well versed in what 'needs to happen' vs what 'should or can happen'. The shooter 'could' have EASILY gone inside his house with his woman. If the father THEN entered the house, he'd be on pretty solid ground at that point for a SD shooting. This is all based on what, 20 seconds of video? But the shooter was able to move freely is the nail that will probably shut his legal coffin. If the father had cornered the mother, I'd change my opinion. Type does not convey exactly what I'm saying in a post that doesn't make your eyes glaze over.

(In Real Life, that's probably Nature's Way of telling you that
it's like every Simple Custody Dispute nowadays).
I get that. But I came from a broken home. My parents were 'cordial' when it came time to pass me along the few times my father remembered he had a child. As an interdiction guy for 20 years, I've spent a lot of time in gas stations and parking lots. I saw hundreds of these encounters go down quite peacefully.

Same questionable judgment for the dude who killed his side piece’s ex over her child drama. Like, really? Your going to let your side piece exchange custody of her children at your house? Or let her be there knowing she’s keeping the kid from dad at the court ordered time? She must have beer flavored nipples.

I won't even get into that, the arrangement of people at this location during this incident is inherently confusing. I was half expecting dueling banjos to start up at some point during that
video.

Actually that would be a funny as f*** mash up, have the dueling banjos kid with clips of these idiots yapping and moving around.

Again, there may be no 'duty' to retreat, it doesn't mean you just get to go guns blazing. I taught UoF for law enforcement. I've taken an instructor course for CCW. I'd like to think I'm pretty well versed in what 'needs to happen' vs what 'should or can happen'. The shooter 'could' have EASILY gone inside his house with his woman. If the father THEN entered the house, he'd be on pretty solid ground at that point for a SD shooting. This is all based on what, 20 seconds of video? But the shooter was able to move freely is the nail that will probably shut his legal coffin. If the father had cornered the mother, I'd change my opinion. Type does not convey exactly what I'm saying in a post that doesn't make your eyes glaze over.
I’ve had plenty of UoF training too. Military and civilian, 25+ years worth with instructor credentials to prove it, let’s not turn this into a Resume Richard measuring contest😂😂👍🏻. He didn’t really come out guns blazing, that’s kind of a stretch…but he did come out meaning business and Teal shirt got right up in his face and assaulted him. Chest bumping is assault. This may not be the cleanest SD shoot but it’s clean and it’s not going anywhere because of the State he is in. The shooter does not have to cower and shelter in place in his own home, I wouldn’t. But, I would at least get my wife/girlfriend into the house before I used any kind of deadly force. Now, if teal shirt backs off or tries to leave and it isn’t good enough for the shooter and he shoots him, well then we have a different kettle of fish.👍🏻

Thanks. Fixed. Somehow dropped part of it in my copy/paste
Ironically, approximately the One Thing that was dropped
(the unique thread ID integer)
was almost the only thing that you needed.

( https colon slash slash www dot northeastshooters dot com slash xen slash threads slash 404764 -
note the utter absence of the human readable "3-neighbors-dead-yadda³-PA-township" -
works fine and even renders as "3 neighbors dead following snow removal dispute in PA township".

(Hover on this bad boy):

3 neighbors dead following snow removal dispute in PA township works fine [shocked] ).

#ProTip

I get that. But I came from a broken home.
Was waxing cynical. Lo siento. [angry]

... The shooter does not have to cower and shelter in place in his own home, I wouldn’t. But, I would at least get my wife/girlfriend into the house before I used any kind of deadly force. ...
Situation's going south.

She's got points to make on the front lawn.

Get her to disengage and get inside the house?

Let's be realistic.

The shooting may have taken place in Lubbock,
but the shooter didn't sign up for that job.
35RP.gif

texas is generally far more generous in property protection and self defense than most states, I don’t know the specifics of those laws.

With that said, in watching that video a few days ago, I thought it was a bad shoot. Yeah the guy got spun off the deck but he wasn’t in danger when he shot. The other guy wasn’t advancing, wasn’t holding a weapon, etc. the shooter had the ability to steady himself and calmly raise the rifle and fire. If the guy started towards the shooter or raised a weapon, etc I’d see the threat and think it was a good shoot. Those things didn’t happen and the shooter didn’t need to take the shot.

If he were in almost any other state, he would have been arrested that day.

I get that. But I came from a broken home. My parents were 'cordial' when it came time to pass me along the few times my father remembered he had a child. As an interdiction guy for 20 years, I've spent a lot of time in gas stations and parking lots. I saw hundreds of these encounters go down quite peacefully.

Imho this is no different than a road rage incident. 998 rager incidents happen every day but people give the honk or whatever and move on with life. That 1000th guy will butt heads with the 999th guy and a retard conference ensues via mutual escalation. This is just like a road rage deal but with an extra preloaded dump truck.of dramatic parental domestic custody faggotry thrown on top.

I’ve had plenty of UoF training too. Military and civilian, 25+ years worth with instructor credentials to prove it, let’s not turn this into a Resume Richard measuring contest😂😂👍🏻. He didn’t really come out guns blazing, that’s kind of a stretch…but he did come out meaning business and Teal shirt got right up in his face and assaulted him. Chest bumping is assault. This may not be the cleanest SD shoot but it’s clean and it’s not going anywhere because of the State he is in. The shooter does not have to cower and shelter in place in his own home, I wouldn’t. But, I would at least get my wife/girlfriend into the house before I used any kind of deadly force. Now, if teal shirt backs off or tries to leave and it isn’t good enough for the shooter and he shoots him, well then we have a different kettle of fish.👍🏻
We'll see then. I can see how the guy could get off. But, I see prison bars in his future. One of us will be right. Not sure which I hope it is.

That article is a joke it’s just some stupid opinion piece. No one had to die but the fact is under Texas law it’s legal. I can’t call the shooter innocent. But it’s a jury’s job to apply the written law… It doesn’t have to do with “feelings” the fact is good shoot…

It might warrant going to court. Unlike Kyle situation where he was actually under attack

That article is a joke it’s just some stupid opinion piece. No one had to die but the fact is under Texas law it’s legal. I can’t call the shooter innocent. But it’s a jury’s job to apply the written law… It doesn’t have to do with “feelings” the fact is good shoot…

It might warrant going to court. Unlike Kyle situation where he was actually under attack

For Andrew branca to say it’s manslaughter is pretty damning for the shooter, branca doesn’t find many shootings unjustified/illegal.

The author is a member here and a leading expert on self-defense use of firearms. Perhaps you should ask him.

The author is a member here and a leading expert on self-defense use of firearms. Perhaps you should ask him.
I just happen to disagree with him…. Regardless just think about if I was on the jury. At the same time I have to review all the evidence but based on the video he told him to leave three times…. He hasn’t been charged yet…. I think he has a good chance of the Texas castle doctrine being successful

Yeah, I've heard (but am no expert) that warning shots aren't something that helps you (legally) in an SD case. State by state, maybe.

One thing I did want to mention is people are just casually mentioning take him to court. The cost (lawyer) and delays (months at a minimum) involved in taking someone to court are amazingly prohibitive. My divorce easily cost me $40g (lawyer fees alone) and we didn't even go to trial! In hindsight, since the guy died, court obviously would have been a better alternative, but I don't think it is as clear cut a decision until very late in this drama. The cops should certainly have been called (by somebody, everybody) to prevent this episode from escalating like it did.

I also wanted to opine that many people hate their lives, hate their significant other. They may not be seeking death, but they view their life as so shitty that they don't really give a crap and putting themselves in a potentially life threatening situation isn't a real problem for them. Once they get shot, different story. This guy here, the couple in Pennsylvania...

And speaking of the couple in Pennsylvania, I have been fascinated by that video since it first came out. I'd love to know the caliber of the pistol (I assume the rifle is .223), and the shot sequence, hits, etc. I would guess (just on probability) that the pistol was a 9mm. Even with a 9, I think he might have gotten hit a couple of times in fleshy areas, and it wasn't until one hit hit a bone or a big organ that he reacted. Anyone have any follow up info on? I know there are other similar videos on YouTube, but haven't really gone down that rabbit-hole. But this is a great instructional video for anyone who owns a fire-arm for self-defense; it's utility would be greater with additional info on calibers, which shots hit, where, etc.

I'm surprised a twisted tea wasn't involved

A Twisted Tea would have sorted the situation out better though.

I find this hilarious...

Kyle baps Chad upside the head with his tea...

Chad falls knocked out cold, wakes up, comes to his senses, gets up...
Kyle and Chad hug it out...cut tape...everyone is still alive and well with a happy ending... [rofl]

Twisted Tea Saves LIVES!

Yeah, I've heard (but am no expert) that warning shots aren't something that helps you (legally) in an SD case. State by state, maybe.

One thing I did want to mention is people are just casually mentioning take him to court. The cost (lawyer) and delays (months at a minimum) involved in taking someone to court are amazingly prohibitive. My divorce easily cost me $40g (lawyer fees alone) and we didn't even go to trial! In hindsight, since the guy died, court obviously would have been a better alternative, but I don't think it is as clear cut a decision until very late in this drama. The cops should certainly have been called (by somebody, everybody) to prevent this episode from escalating like it did.

I also wanted to opine that many people hate their lives, hate their significant other. They may not be seeking death, but they view their life as so shitty that they don't really give a crap and putting themselves in a potentially life threatening situation isn't a real problem for them. Once they get shot, different story. This guy here, the couple in Pennsylvania...

And speaking of the couple in Pennsylvania, I have been fascinated by that video since it first came out. I'd love to know the caliber of the pistol (I assume the rifle is .223), and the shot sequence, hits, etc. I would guess (just on probability) that the pistol was a 9mm. Even with a 9, I think he might have gotten hit a couple of times in fleshy areas, and it wasn't until one hit hit a bone or a big organ that he reacted. Anyone have any follow up info on? I know there are other similar videos on YouTube, but haven't really gone down that rabbit-hole. But this is a great instructional video for anyone who owns a fire-arm for self-defense; it's utility would be greater with additional info on calibers, which shots hit, where, etc.
Often these lawsuits wait until after a guilty verdict in a criminal trial… But if the guys never charger tried within the next year or two somebody could sue. But it’s like you’re saying I just spent 40 grand on lawyers in 900 days in court. Even though I “won” It sure doesn’t feel like a win

I can't recall ever seeing a time where so many idiots are mouthing off and or attacking an armed person as I have seen in the last few years.

I may be way off base here but part of me thinks the guy didn’t believe he would actually get shot. He half assed tried to grab the gun like it wasnt all that big of a deal, I think if he was scared he would have overpowered the little guy with overwhelming force and not stop caving his face in until his hands hurt too much to continue.

I can't recall ever seeing a time where so many idiots are mouthing off and or attacking an armed person as I have seen in the last few years.
It happens quite often unfortunately. One of the guys I saw shot said Word for Word “you’re not gonna shoot me” right before he got..
It’s a lot different seeing it in person and then on video… The first time I saw some shit like that happen I was standing there going wow I can’t believe that just happened…

But I’ll never understand the response of this lady talking shit with her boy toys dead or that snow clearing incident. It’s not even young people anymore people get behind a cell phone and I think they’re not watching real life…/

No I mean like please run away, run towards the person, do something just don’t stand there flat-footed…

A Twisted Tea would have sorted the situation out better though.
I find this hilarious...
Kyle baps Chad upside the head with his tea...
Chad falls knocked out cold, wakes up, comes to his senses, gets up...
Kyle and Chad hug it out...cut tape...everyone is still alive and well with a happy ending... [rofl]
Twisted Tea Saves LIVES!

It's gotta be some combination of omnipresent cell phones
that can record video of people playing stupid games,
and everyone watching cell phone video
of people playing stupid games.

Too bad I can’t watch it age restricted and I don’t have a YouTube account used by clicking on a wnough times it works

Back
Top Bottom