Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second Amendment

Gun control laws don't work...so lets redo the second amendment?

Noting her own outrage that Americans continue to tolerate gun violence, Penrose asked audience members to raise their hands if they thought laws intended to prevent gun violence have been successful. No one raised a hand.

“I think I’m in agreement with you and, unfortunately, drastic times require drastic measures,” Penrose said, according to CTNews Junkie. “I think the Second Amendment is misunderstood and I think it’s time today, in our drastic measures, to repeal and replace that Second Amendment.”

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/11...or-calls-for-repeal-of-second-amendment-87320

This is like a lion telling all the other lions that if they rip out their teeth the hyenas will stop trying to eat them. How do people become so stupid?

If the gun control laws aren't working, she certainly wouldn't mind if they were all repealed now would she? Yeah. Probably not.

If people are going to start openly making these arguments I think it's time to open Pandora's box and start talking about some truth.

The murder problem in this country is DIRECTLY traceable not to guns - but to certain segments of "our society" and those segments are predominantly of a certain skin color and income level.

Get rid of that segment of society - and the murder rate in the United States drops down below that of just about every other Western country.

If we're going to get serious about bringing murders by gun down then let's REALLY get serious.

If people are going to start openly making these arguments I think it's time to open Pandora's box and start talking about some truth.

The murder problem in this country is DIRECTLY traceable not to guns - but to certain segments of "our society" and those segments are predominantly of a certain skin color and income level.

Get rid of that segment of society - and the murder rate in the United States drops down below that of just about every other Western country.

If we're going to get serious about bringing murders by gun down then let's REALLY get serious.
Shhhh, the democrats will hear you.

If the gun control laws aren't working, she certainly wouldn't mind if they were all repealed now would she? Yeah. Probably not.
We don't have an amendment guaranteeing the right to keep and bear pocket/culinary knives. Yet the knives still exist and are used to kill people. Pretty sure we could wipe out 2A and there would be just as many gun homicides, by the same people, in the same cities, with virtually the same guns. Bottom line is a certain single-digit percent of humanity has an insatiable bloodlust that would resort to bare hands if nothing else...

Rrally? What an azzhole.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

We don't have an amendment guaranteeing the right to keep and bear pocket/culinary knives. Yet the knives still exist and are used to kill people. Pretty sure we could wipe out 2A and there would be just as many gun homicides, by the same people, in the same cities, with virtually the same guns. Bottom line is a certain single-digit percent of humanity has an insatiable bloodlust that would resort to bare hands if nothing else...

The 2A has nothing to do with controlling citizen criminality, it has to do with last resort method of keeping government and its hired guns at bay. Frankly the selective shooting should have started years ago.

The only way I would support a repeal of the 2nd Amendment is if it would replaced with a version 2.0 that reads something like this.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Those who attempt to infringe on the people's right will be summarily shot on sight..."

Yeah, good luck with getting rid of the 2nd Amendment. A constitutional amendment requires approval from 2/3rds of both houses of Congress and then 2/3's of State legislatures to ratify.

Minor point of correction: 3/4 of the state legislatures.

Not quite how it works. Someone needs to sell the banned substances and deal in the banned activities and they need to protect their turf. Yes these activities usually take place in impoverished areas for myriad reasons but it really isn't directly correlated with people being black, hispanic, or poor directly. Only a very small percentage of these communities are involved in gang/crime activity. Now we can draw a correlation between race and poverty, and poverty and crime, but that is not causation. People "of a certain skin color" are not poor because of their skin color, a lot more goes into the socioeconomics of our country than that.

To suggest that if we removed a segment of our society we would rid ourselves of most of the violence is as reflective of a lack of understanding as suggesting we remove 2A to do the same.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Not quite how it works. Someone needs to sell the banned substances and deal in the banned activities and they need to protect their turf. Yes these activities usually take place in impoverished areas for myriad reasons but it really isn't directly correlated with people being black, hispanic, or poor directly. Only a very small percentage of these communities are involved in gang/crime activity.

To suggest that if we removed a segment of our society we would rid ourselves of most of the violence is as reflective of a lack of understanding as suggesting we remove 2A to do the same.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

As proof of this (that it isn't race) just look at Laconia NH. It is a complete cesspool of WHITE welfare and drugs. Laconia is ~97% white. Blacks don't even make up a percent of the population. Laconia has a crime rate that is second only to Manchester. And consider this: Laconia has a population of ~16,000. Manchester has a population much higher (~110,000).

Even Manchester, 86% white and 4.1% black.

Race isn't the problem. Welfare is the problem. If one doesn't work they tend to get bored. Which means they tend to do things, especially if they have a drug habit. A drug habit can require more money than welfare pays, especially depending on the drug. The other problem is the type of people on welfare don't give two shits for their kids. They do not act as parents and when they are old enough, the ship them off to public schools (indoctrination) as a daycare program and as such, do not care at all if their kids do well and act well. I myself saw this first hand while with my dad working on the apartments he owned. So when they are older (teens and beyond) they have no morals because they were never raised with any.

Violent crime rate (according to city data) for Manchester and Laconia in 2011 was 355.9 and 339.4 respectively. A city with nearly 7 times less people in it has nearly the same crime rate? You cannot say it is the other races causing this problem. They all account for less than a percent each, remember whites in Laconia are ~97% of the population.

Blacks and Latinos are not the problem. It is ****ing WELFARE and all its forms.

Last edited:
Ok so she makes a good point on how gun laws dont stop violence, then basically makes a 180 to say we need to make a new law banning firearms but first we need fix the constitution to do so,

For someone who teaches law to says, its fine to brake the law by dismantling the constitutional to make new laws that will do the nothingness as the laws we have now is just psychotic,

she should have a early retirement by means of a swift kick in the ass on the way out the door

Back
Top Bottom