Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second Amendment

I wouldn't be concerned, it's Texas afterall. Look how their governor embraces freedom.

perry1.jpg

She got one part right the 2nd amendment is misunderstood, mostly by progressives. It has nothing to do with hunting. It is obvious she did not study history even in passing.

She also got the gun control does not work part right as well.

she would be closer to convincing me if she went to the kitchen first and brought me a sammich while I clean my guns.

Last edited:
Violent crime rate (according to city data) for Manchester and Laconia in 2011 was 355.9 and 339.4 respectively. A city with nearly 7 times less people in it has nearly the same crime rate?

I was with you for most of this until crime rates. The number of crimes committed per capita is similar, not the total number of crimes. Manchester has 7 times the population; so what?

I also think we need to look at what types of crimes are committed. Above, you state 'violent crime rate' but I found a source with very similar numbers (city-data.com) that includes general theft and auto theft; hardly 'violent' crimes.

As proof of this (that it isn't race) just look at Laconia NH. It is a complete cesspool of WHITE welfare and drugs. Laconia is ~97% white. Blacks don't even make up a percent of the population. Laconia has a crime rate that is second only to Manchester. And consider this: Laconia has a population of ~16,000. Manchester has a population much higher (~110,000).

Even Manchester, 86% white and 4.1% black.

Race isn't the problem. Welfare is the problem. If one doesn't work they tend to get bored. Which means they tend to do things, especially if they have a drug habit. A drug habit can require more money than welfare pays, especially depending on the drug. The other problem is the type of people on welfare don't give two shits for their kids. They do not act as parents and when they are old enough, the ship them off to public schools (indoctrination) as a daycare program and as such, do not care at all if their kids do well and act well. I myself saw this first hand while with my dad working on the apartments he owned. So when they are older (teens and beyond) they have no morals because they were never raised with any.

Violent crime rate (according to city data) for Manchester and Laconia in 2011 was 355.9 and 339.4 respectively. A city with nearly 7 times less people in it has nearly the same crime rate? You cannot say it is the other races causing this problem. They all account for less than a percent each, remember whites in Laconia are ~97% of the population.

Blacks and Latinos are not the problem. It is ****ing WELFARE and all its forms.

What's the murder rate? Or more appropriately - what's the murder rate by GUN?

I was looking for Roxbury - but on a quick search I can't find it broken out so I'll just have to go with Boston:

http://www.usa.com/laconia-nh-crime-and-crime-rate.htm
Laconia, NH murders Per 100,000: 0.0

http://www.usa.com/boston-ma-crime-and-crime-rate.htm
Boston, MA murders Per 100,000: 11.3

http://www.usa.com/manchester-nh-crime-and-crime-rate.htm
Manchester, NH Murders Per 100,000: 0.9

I'm pretty sure that if I found the Roxbury or Dorchester stats broken out from Boston as a whole - it would only send that number above in red - even higher.

Both you and Paul D are correct in saying that Blacks and Latinos are not the problem - PER SE. The murder rate does not follow somebody purely by virtue of their skin color.

It DOES however follow people of certain skin color when they choose to support and adhere to certain cultural and moral and societal norms - that they then DIRECTLY LINK TO their skin color and "make their own".

Which is exactly what I believe has happened in this country. There are direct links between skin color and crime rate - because vast number of people of certain skin colors have decided to align themselves with a certain WAY OF THINKING.

When you find people of those very same skin colors who do not adhere to those modes of thinking - you find much lower crime rates.

And you also find poor communities that do not adhere to those modes of thinking that have low crime rates. So the crime rate is not directly traceable back to a community's poorness either.

My basic point was: This professor seems to think that getting rid of guns is just going to make all the crime go away - and I think she's full of shit. As one one of the previous posts already said: take the guns away from those segments of society that are committing all the murders and they'd just start killing each other with knives, or swords, or baseball bats - or bows and arrows - whatever.

Therefore she's totally ignoring the REAL cause of the problem.

Last edited:
If people are going to start openly making these arguments I think it's time to open Pandora's box and start talking about some truth.

The murder problem in this country is DIRECTLY traceable not to guns - but to certain segments of "our society" and those segments are predominantly of a certain skin color and income level.

Get rid of that segment of society - and the murder rate in the United States drops down below that of just about every other Western country.

If we're going to get serious about bringing murders by gun down then let's REALLY get serious.
ThatsRacist.gif the kid should be mouthing the phrase, for some reason it is not moving after i uploaded it, its pretty funny. if you click reply you will see him in action.

Last edited:
My basic point was: This professor seems to think that getting rid of guns is just going to make all the crime go away - and I think she's full of shit. As one one of the previous posts already said: take the guns away from those segments of society that are committing all the murders and they'd just start killing each other with knives, or swords, or baseball bats - or bows and arrows - whatever.

Therefore she's totally ignoring the REAL cause of the problem.
lets have big city gun trade ins. instead of gift certs, give them hammers and baseball bats so they could work and then relax with a ballgame afterward.

Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery. When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.
[h=3]Interracial Crime[/h]
  • Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
  • Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
  • Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
  • Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.
[h=3]Gangs[/h]
  • Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
  • Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs. Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.
[h=3]Incarceration[/h]
  • Between 1980 and 2003 the US incarceration rate more than tripled, from 139 to 482 per 100,000, and the number of prisoners increased from 320,000 to 1.39 million.
  • Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than whites. Hispanics are three times more likely. http://www.colorofcrime.com/colorofcrime2005.html

yeah obviously if you get rid of the second amendment criminals will stop having guns. Obviously that's how the world works.

yeah obviously if you get rid of the second amendment criminals will stop having guns. Obviously that's how the world works.

Come on the 18th amendment worked stunningly well, there was no booze to be found anywhere, oh wait didn't the Kennedy's make their fortune because of that?

I stopped on page 3. I congratulate her on her openness. To be honest, she is going about this the right way at least. Amending the Constitution is the only legitimate way to accomplish this. I suggest we push this agenda. They will spend millions if not billions of dollars.

and hopefully die paupers. Or at least have less money to spend on other progressive issues. There is no way this would ever get through the amendment process.

prosecute her as a traitor.

People like this lawyer piss me off. Every lawyer, in ever state, take an oath upon admission to the bar.

For Massachusetts, M.G.L. c. 221 s. 38 states:

Section 38. Whoever is admitted as an attorney shall in open court take and subscribe the oaths to support the constitution of the United States and of the commonwealth; and the following oath of office shall be administered to and subscribed by him:I _________ solemnly swear that I will do no falsehood, nor consent to the doing of any in court; I will not wittingly or willingly promote or sue any false, groundless or unlawful suit, nor give aid or consent to the same; I will delay no man for lucre or malice; but I will conduct myself in the office of an attorney within the courts according to the best of my knowledge and discretion, and with all good fidelity as well to the courts as my clients. So help me God.

And here's Texas:

I__________do solemnly swear that I will support the constitution of the United States, and of this State; that I will honestly demean myself in the practice of the law, and will discharge my duties to my clients to the best of my ability. So help me God.

Lawyers, like military officers all take a sworn oath to uphold the Constitution. How quickly may of them choose to forget it.

“I think the Second Amendment is misunderstood and I think it’s time today, in our drastic measures, to repeal and replace that Second Amendment.”

Bwahahah, if that nut thinks that filing a bill to repeal the 2nd Amendment or whatever the technical process is required to launch a Constitutional Convention with the intention of repeal of 2A... it "drastic measures".... Wait til they see what some other folks think what "drastic measures" are.

She wants to "repeal and replace". What would she "replace" 2A with? Pixie dust?

oh, she is so misunderstood. We need to repeal and replace 1A to eliminate free speech for lawyers and professors and anyone who would seek to amend the Constitution to restrict rights. After this one of course. Because I like this one.

She then proposed leaving it to the states.

“The beauty of a ‘states’ rights model’ solution is it allows those of you who want to live in a state with strong restrictions to do so and those who want to live in a state with very loose restrictions to do so,” she said.

Interesting. I wonder if she feels the same way about women's so-called "reproductive rights." Bet not.

Come on the 18th amendment worked stunningly well, there was no booze to be found anywhere, oh wait didn't the Kennedy's make their fortune because of that?

yeah that and insider trading...

I do trustee work for CDOs (Collateralized Debt Obligations (the things people who know nothing about finance and economics blame for the crisis)) and one had a Principal Protected Note in Grantor Trust that was in the name of that shitbag family...the trust was good until the last offspring of Joseph P croaked.

All that family's money is in tax exempt trusts run out of the Caymans, which is funny since having money in the Caymans is only bad if your Mitt Romney.

Last edited:
Yes gun control does not work. That's because it only disarms the innocent making them easier prey for the criminal element.
When the right to keep and bear arms is infringed upon it creates an imbalance of power that favors tyrants and criminals.

A lot of talk about race in this thread. In my belief black, white, asian, hispanic, whatever everyone has the right to own a firearm and protect themselves. If more crime is happening in communities that are more diverse then they need access to firearms to protect themselves. After all who is committing the crime? Criminals, most likely prohibited persons. Give the law abiding citizens the ability to exercise their natural rights and things will sort themselves out. People in Detroit are burning down houses that have been taken over by criminals because they're not safe and can't own a firearm. Look at the thread on "Go time in Mexico" people making their communities safe when crime is rampant and the police and gov are corrupt.

This is like a lion telling all the other lions that if they rip out their teeth the hyenas will stop trying to eat them. How do people become so stupid?

Simple. You spend your entire life in a safe little cocoon where nothing bad ever happens to you and you think that the only thing guns are used for is what's in the movies.

Your basic gun control psychology has an implicit belief that any human is capable of killing large numbers of other humans for no apparent reason. But in reality it's only madmen and communists that rationalize such extreme behavior.

Black bag her sorry ass , drop her off in the of middle of One of Detroit's or Chitcago's garden districts at oh 1:00 am on a Saturday night.
Tell her "Sorry sweetie,your walking out,You can take this gun with you or not."
There you have it ,the next hit reality show.
Could call it "Will The Moonbat Make It?"
I'd watch.

Bwahahah, if that nut thinks that filing a bill to repeal the 2nd Amendment or whatever the technical process is required to launch a Constitutional Convention with the intention of repeal of 2A... it "drastic measures".... Wait til they see what some other folks think what "drastic measures" are.

She wants to "repeal and replace". What would she "replace" 2A with? Pixie dust?

oh, she is so misunderstood. We need to repeal and replace 1A to eliminate free speech for lawyers and professors and anyone who would seek to amend the Constitution to restrict rights. After this one of course. Because I like this one.

The boilerplate Progressive insert for 2A is something that says that it protects the governments rights to have guns. Whatever that means.

The boilerplate Progressive insert for 2A is something that says that it protects the governments rights to have guns. Whatever that means.
I guess they forget that the context of the amendment is THE BILL OF RIGHTS for the PEOPLE, among other things that they forget

Anyway that ship has sailed since SCOTUS has decided (in 2008 in Heller) that it confers an individual right not a collective right.

Simple. You spend your entire life in a safe little cocoon where nothing bad ever happens to you and you think that the only thing guns are used for is what's in the movies.

Your basic gun control psychology has an implicit belief that any human is capable of killing large numbers of other humans for no apparent reason. But in reality it's only madmen and communists that rationalize such extreme behavior.

These people have no grasp on reality. The disarmament of people should be feared more than an armed murderer.

Back
Top Bottom