• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Texas police department defends Kyle Rittenhouse selfie amid online backlash: 'Not how our country works' Thrall Police Department slams hate comments

Reptile

NES Member
A Texas small-town police department refused to apologize for a selfie one of its officers snapped with Kyle Rittenhouse amid a slew of online criticism, noting how the now 19-year-old was acquitted by a jury of his peers in the August 2020 shooting of three demonstrators in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

"Make those stops, you never know who you might meet. Today it was Kyle Rittenhouse, welcome to Texas," the Thrall Police Department, which serves the city outside of Austin, wrote in a Facebook post on Thursday, sharing a selfie of an unidentified officer smiling with Rittenhouse.

The post received more than 1,700 comments, 1,500 shares and 10,000 likes as of Sunday’s count.

Continues...

Poor Kyle…
The last shooting I was arrested for the entire thing was over in three days.. At least the court thing.

Putting aside you have to live with that shit the rest of your life. They really drag that kid through the ringer..

I atleast had the ability to represent myself..
Thank God my family is not stupid they had lawyers trying to extort them over tens thousands of dollars.all while I can’t even make a phone call.

They hand you a sandwich and stuff you in cell with 30 other people. Then they move you around like an animal on the chain gang, In a vehicle I can only describe as something that’s not even suited for stray dogs.

Than even though against the judge orders you have to give your DNA or your never getting out.

Your final resting place is another cell with a bunch of meth heads stacked like cordwood because they haven’t slept in weeks.

After all that, even though you were not convicted you’re still have to explain yourself the rest of your life if you wanna own a gun or do anything

Poor Kyle…
The last shooting I was arrested for the entire thing was over in three days.. At least the court thing.

Putting aside you have to live with that shit the rest of your life. They really drag that kid through the ringer..

Thank God my family is not stupid they had lawyers trying to extort them over tens thousands of dollars.all while I can’t even make a phone call.

They hand you a sandwich and stuff you in cell with 30 other people. Then they move you around like an animal on the chain gang, In a vehicle I can only describe as something that’s not even suited for stray dogs.

Than even though against the judge orders you have to give your DNA or your never getting out.

Your final resting place is another cell with a bunch of meth heads stacked like cordwood because they haven’t slept in weeks.

After all that, even though you were not convicted you’re still have to explain yourself the rest of your life if you wanna own a gun or do anything
"The last shooting I was arrested for", there was more than one!!?!!

Poor Kyle…

There is a whole lot of WTAF in this quote

I think a lot of people fail to realize how awful that situation was for Kyle… Just trying to put it in perspective for people who have never experienced something like that
It was a terrible situation.

The fact his name and pic are all over the news before declared guilty / innocent is bullsh*t. I sadly it in every thread.

A guy I play Rugby with is a teacher. He got thrown out of a show for not wanting to wear a mask. The news made it sound like he fought cops and security when he didn't.

He goes to court, dismissed. Done.

But ... his name and picture are still all over. When I Google his name there are 10 stories that come up on that incident.

How is that going to look the day he wants to go teach at another school?

I am not one for asking more laws, but releasing people's names and pictures before a trial is complete bullsh*t.

Could you imagine someone taking a selfie with you and it being “news” that’s what Kyle has to deal with… Atleast I’m a nobody

Kyle had the fake president talking about how he was a racist piece of shit before even got to court

Feel bad for that kid. He's going to be "guilty" in half the court of public opinion for the rest of his life, despite actually being proven innocent in an actual court of law. And what's even worse is that his case is a dogpile for everything under the sun, even if the topic doesn't even make sense in context.

Yeah I was just thinking, not that it matters. Is Kyle even white?

Poor Kyle…

Sleeping in a scroog mcduckian pile of money from libel lawsuits would probably make me feel a lot better if i was him

Poor Kyle…

Sleeping in a scroog mcduckian pile of money from libel lawsuits would probably make me feel a lot better if i was
Feel bad for that kid. He's going to be "guilty" in half the court of public opinion for the rest of his life, despite actually being proven innocent in an actual court of law. And what's even worse is that his case is a dogpile for everything under the sun, even if the topic doesn't even make sense in context.
I think he will get about 5 dollars per person who thinks he is guilty...

I just be happy not to be in prison and not owethe lawyers anything. A pile of money And being vindicated would be nice.. I think he was lucky making out of that shitshow alive.

Not that I really followed it after the trial or much before it. I did enjoy the media trying to backpedal after he won.

I didn’t follow the lawsuits much. I can’t remember if he sued the president or not. A sitting president has no business commenting on a case in undermines the other branch of government.

Back
Top Bottom