Texas school shooting

one of the reports said the shooter (at least one of them) was wearing a falcons cap...probably pissed off his team lost...

I think all the borderline people see the potential for the ban coming and want to get in the news ahead of time.

Or the government instructed them to do this, but really, the first is more likely.

Interview on the news of a documentary film maker who happened to be on scene. Sounds like there was a fight between two students and both drew their guns. Some confusion about there being a second episode of shots fired in the cafeteria. One student got accidentally shot.

Despite there being no details, this is now the top story on every news site. Which begs the question: how long before Obama just orders full confiscation of all firearms, for our safety?

This is being so hyped, with no information available.

Hey look. We've publicly plastered the names and faces of mass murders all over the tv and Internet. I certainly hope some severely mentally deficient individual doesn't see this as something worth emulating.....

That is so true.

Although there's debate on whom said these words (quote below), it still holds truth.

You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here’s why.

It’s because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed

People who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he’ll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN’s article says that if the body count “holds up”, this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer’s face on all their reports for hours.

Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer’s identity? None that I’ve seen yet. Because they don’t sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you’ve just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man’s name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news.”

Source of quote

a lot of busy going on the scanner. Already told them to clear the channel and units on the move. Theyre blocking off something

It looks like on person shot another person. All those pictures are the same guy.

Damn, that's a lot of cop cars.

Edit: ok, Khou.com is now saying that two guys were having an argument, one guy pulled a gun and shot the other guy, and maybe hit a couple others.

Last edited:
I've never been to Texas, but from what I've heard, Houston is their Cambridge.

Interesting...

Brian S. Nelson, General Counsel for the Lone Star College System. replied that any "mention of firearms and weapons" is inherently a "material interference with the operation of the school or the rights of others" because such language "brings fear and concern to students, faculty and staff." Nevertheless, YCT was allowed to remain a student organization without any disciplinary consequences.

So how do they teach about the revolutionary war, or WWII or any other wars in their history classes? Oh, I know...they teach that George Washington called the police when the British started coming for them...

why do I think that there will be one of these incidents every other month until the libs get all their gun grabs voted into law?

Probably because these incidents DO happen every little while. They always do, two or three people get shot. But the media is actually covering these on a national level now.

Back
Top Bottom