Thad Riley for NH Governor

Sununu brings much-needed balance to the table in a state that is undergoing significant change.

He's unbeatable in the governor race, and will be vying for the presidency sooner than later.
Lol not sure if serious. Flununu closed his political casket when he went full covid. Of course NH GOP mothership sucks so they will probably polish his nuts like they did with Have-a--stain, etc. If it wasn't for the fact that dems are about to get trashed this fall Flununu would have no chance.

Sununu is well balanced for a Dem

He's gone so far as to write his own red flag bill that trampled 4A, 5A and a raft of other constitutionally protected rights

He's trampled the NH constitution in his covid response and only relinquished power when faced with revolt from his own party.

Sununu has largely done the right thing because to do otherwise would have gone against his entire caucus that has supported good policy in house/senate

But when left to his own accord his pulls shit like ordering NHSP to arrest people who've done nothing illegal at EC meetings

Sununu needs a solid challenger who actually supports limited government constitutional policy.

More important than who's governor/in corner office is continueing to control the NH House....and to a lesser degree the Senate.

The f***ed up thing is up until that meeting incident he probably could have made excuses for many of his actions but once that thing happened that turned into a shitshow. From that point the remaining shreds of "benefit of the doubt" went out the window. Completely 110% scumbag/waffen SS shit.

Isn’t Thadd short for Thaddeus? Greek for courageous heart.

Funny story - my 23yo daughter was probably 5 or so. Giong to a pvt christian school. We are driving to school one day about this time of year. "Oh look. a Wobbin. (robin). It's like the Bible character."

"Bible character?"

"Yeah. Fattius! Look at how big he is."

We STILL joke about that today. "Anna - look. It's Fattius!"

He's gone so far as to write his own red flag bill that trampled 4A, 5A and a raft of other constitutionally protected rights
Thank you for the reminder. Link to his hand crafted biull has been saved since 2019. PDF of the proposed Sununu/Bradley bill is attached.

Sununu pitches revamped bill to protect vulnerable adults​

CONCORD — Gov. Chris Sununu and a top Senate Republican unveiled legislation to protect vulnerable adults Wednesday.
The governor said he fixed flaws in a 2019 version of this proposal that he vetoed last spring.
Sununu and Sen. Jeb Bradley, R-Wolfeboro, showed off their work on the first day to officially file legislation for the 2020 session.

“I have long believed one of the foremost responsibilities of government is to protect those who cannot protect themselves,” Sununu said in a statement.
“When I vetoed House Bill 696 this summer, I did so because it reduced the protections available to domestic violence victims. I pledged to work with the Legislature in a bipartisan manner to make sure we got the bill done right. In close partnership with Senator Bradley, we have accomplished that goal and look forward to working with Democrats, Republicans and the many interested stakeholders to get this done.”
A group of strange bedfellows worked for markedly different reasons to kill this bill last spring.
Gun-rights groups and advocates for domestic violence victimes had urged Sununu to veto the measure.
The bill would enable elders and other vulnerable adults, along with their guardians or lawyers, to seek protective orders similar to those that victims of domestic violence and stalking seek from judges.
“The state must be able to provide a legal pathway to protect vulnerable adults from abuse, exploitation and neglect from those who would take advantage of them,” Bradley said. “This legislation I filed today improves upon past legislation to protect this population from the tragic occurrence of physical, mental and financial abuse. I am grateful to have worked with Governor Sununu on this bill and look forward to working with stakeholders and my colleagues in the Senate and House to get this bill to his desk.”
State Rep. Renny Cushing, D-Hampton, worked three years on the bill Sununu vetoed with a broad coalition including New Hampshire Legal Assistance, lawyers that represent seniors, the New Hampshire Alzheimer’s Association and the state chapter of the American Association of Retired Persons.

“I’m pleased to see the governor follow through on his promise to find common ground,” said Cushing who had not seen in advance what Bradley and Sununu have now proposed.
“I think this dramatically improves the odds we actually get something done in 2020.”
Different versions of House Bill 696 made it through the House and Senate, with support from most Democrats — and solid opposition from all but a handful of House Republicans.
When a committee of conference took it up in June, lawmakers agreed to remove the gun-confiscation language to save the bill.
The New Hampshire Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence came out in opposition, saying the victims they represent could get the wrong kind of order as this bill was written.
Cushing had offered an amendment the coalition wanted but the conference committee rejected it and Sununu’s veto message carried much of the coalition’s argument.
In his veto, Sununu also mentioned “the real possibility that an individual’s Second Amendment constitutional rights could be violated without judicial oversight.” And, he said, “Other advocates have raised legitimate concerns regarding Fourth Amendment considerations.”
Cushing has re-submitted his own bill for 2020.
“We had been working with the coalition to alleviate their concerns,” Cushing added.

Attachments

• 173-d(18).pdf
    297.4 KB · Views: 0
Trolling? What Trolling?

Sununu is a well-balanced, smart politician.

Cheeto "Drain the Swamp" Jesus revealed himself to be counterfeit when he appointed Reince Priebus (!) as his chief of staff. [rofl]

He has zero chance running for POTUS. He would need a LOT of money to fund a campaign and even with his fathers connections, he won’t have. Much. Also issues wise he’s good in NH but nationally he’s far too moderate

Put the strongest candidate in office that is for freedom and libertiy and doesn't apologize for it.
Holds the values of constitutions etc.. They also need to f***ing proof it.

It used to be, in fact it used to be more conservative than much of Texas, but those days are gone. I remember when a NH Governor took money allocated for a prisoner library at the state prison and bought shotguns for the corrections offices instead.

Do you want another lunch, Sheehan or Hassan? NH isn’t Texas, you won’t get a Greg Abbott elected in NH.

It used to be, in fact it used to be more conservative than much of Texas, but those days are gone. I remember when a NH Governor took money allocated for a prisoner library at the state prison and bought shotguns for the corrections offices instead.

I think NH was more libertarian than conservative but yes it has changed. It’s a small state so an influx from other states or younger natives being more liberal, can change the state quickly

I think NH was more libertarian than conservative but yes it has changed. It’s a small state so an influx from other states or younger natives being more liberal, can change the state quickly
"College poisoning" screws up NH politics. The college kid pop is a huge deal, they blow in and vote for moonbats. That's how they end up with idiots like Carol Shit-Porter etc.

Back when I was in college with Daniel Webster, students couldn't vote in NH unless they established residency. Which was pretty hard to do because you couldn't claim either your college dorm or a P.O. Box as your address.

"College poisoning" screws up NH politics. The college kid pop is a huge deal, they blow in and vote for moonbats. That's how they end up with idiots like Carol Shit-Porter etc.

Back when I was in college with Daniel Webster, students couldn't vote in NH unless they established residency. Which was pretty hard to do because you couldn't claim either your college dorm or a P.O. Box as your address.

Not sure about the past cycle (the laws changed, iirc) but all they had to do before that was lie on the residency affadavit, basically it was standard moonbat protocol in NH. Also any student in off campus housing has real residency.

Definitely a major issue as well as the massive growth of college administrations. Every election I look at Durham and the surrounding area, Hanover, Keene, etc and those areas are where the democrat candidates won by thousands and made the difference. Allowing non residents as colleges kids are, vote in a state they have nothing to do with and will leave after graduation, is insane.

After the 2010 or 2014 election porter refused to concede. Several months later I emailed her personal account trolling her for not conceding. Some hilarious back and forth emails with her. I pushed her buttons and had her flipping out. Very thin skinned. Lol

Most amazing thing about porter is a guy looked at that face and said “I do”. She’s a damn ugly woman and her personality isn’t much better.

Not sure about the past cycle (the laws changed, iirc) but all they had to do before that was lie on the residency affadavit, basically it was standard moonbat protocol in NH. Also any student in off campus housing has real residency.

The republicans reformed the residency voter issue (I believe after 2010 election, or one of them) but the NH Supreme Court tossed it.

In order to vote on Election Day with same day voter registration, anyone can vote they just need to plan to make NH their residency going forward. Most states have a deadline of when you need to be registered to vote in that state. NH needs to have sane day registration because of something with the REAL ID act I believe.

The republicans reformed the residency voter issue (I believe after 2010 election, or one of them) but the NH Supreme Court tossed it.

In order to vote on Election Day with same day voter registration, anyone can vote they just need to plan to make NH their residency going forward. Most states have a deadline of when you need to be registered to vote in that state. NH needs to have sane day registration because of something with the REAL ID act I believe.
NH had another voting reform law that passed in the past couple years. Forget what it changed, though.

The affidavit thing was a joke. Basically was abused every election. I remember one of the FSP guys posted a vid here of Nashua polling spot during dem primary 80% of plates were from MA. Shitlery was using blow ins to try to screw Obama at the time.....

One major disadvantage for the GOP in NH elections is a result of the surrounding states. Maine is left but not crazy left. Vermont and Massachusetts are as left as you get and dems don’t need to spend any time or money on elections. So dems send a lot of staff, volunteers and money into NH from the surrounding states.

One major disadvantage for the GOP in NH elections is a result of the surrounding states. Maine is left but not crazy left. Vermont and Massachusetts are as left as you get and dems don’t need to spend any time or money on elections. So dems send a lot of staff, volunteers and money into NH from the surrounding states.
Where do you think this comes from??

Sen. Maggie Hassan’s (D-N.H.) reelection campaign said on Wednesday that she raised $4.3 million in the first quarter of the year.

According to the campaign, 95 percent of donors’ contributions last quarter were $100 or less. The latest fundraising total leaves Hassan with $7.5 million in the bank.

Hassan’s campaign said the haul was the most ever in the state for this quarter and was the third-highest quarterly haul in New Hampshire history.

The incumbent senator raked in $3.1 million in the final quarter of 2021.

Her campaign said in a statement on Wednesday that Hassan’s fundraising track record this cycle gives her an advantage over the state’s multicandidate GOP Senate primary.

“While the Republican primary candidates navigate a four, and potentially five, person primary, our campaign remains laser-focused on lifting up Senator Hassan’s record of getting results for New Hampshire,” said Hassan’s campaign manager, Aaron Jacobs.

In March, Hassan’s campaign announced a $13 million reservation in fall airtime ahead of the midterm elections.

He has zero chance running for POTUS. He would need a LOT of money to fund a campaign and even with his fathers connections, he won’t have. Much. Also issues wise he’s good in NH but nationally he’s far too moderate
I don't think he has bigger political goals. He is comfortable here and doesn't have to work too hard. He's staying put if possible,

I don't think he has bigger political goals. He is comfortable here and doesn't have to work too hard. He's staying put if possible,

He’d beat Hassan if he ran for senate this year, he was recruited by national GOP figures to run but he didn’t. I’ve heard his name mentioned as being interested in POTUS but I can’t imagine him believing he’d have a chance. Running for POTUS requires a lot of money and he can’t compete in that area with the big money national candidates can raise or ones from big states with big money like FL and TX

That's rich. Bigly rich.

Cheeto Jesus relinquished control of the country to Dr. Fauci and the CDC.

Cheeto Jesus's policies set the stage for mail-in voting.

Cheeto Jesus signed, endorsed and balleyhooed the $2,200,000,000 *Democrat sponsored* CARES act, which economically paralyzed the nation and got a significant percentage of the work force hooked on sloth.
Are you Butthurt because 45 doesn't like illegals, liberals or pussy republicans ?

Not a fan of Sununnu, but any R that gets put up better be able to beat any D they send into the ring.

We can send a message in the primary by nominating someone else we feel is more conservative, but if that person has zero chance in the general election what have we gained?

But closer to home and more to my liking, a nice lady came to my door campaigning for a NH house seat, I would have liked to talk to her but the dogs were trying to get thru the storm door and her..... but when I asked if she was D or R she responded with "Strong Republican" , the literature she left on the stairs seemed to back that up.

There is hope !

Not a fan of Sununnu, but any R that gets put up better be able to beat any D they send into the ring.

We can send a message in the primary by nominating someone else we feel is more conservative, but if that person has zero chance in the general election what have we gained?

But closer to home and more to my liking, a nice lady came to my door campaigning for a NH house seat, I would have liked to talk to her but the dogs were trying to get thru the storm door and her..... but when I asked if she was D or R she responded with "Strong Republican" , the literature she left on the stairs seemed to back that up.

There is hope !
What's her name?

I’m pleasantly surprised to see a few Thad Riley signs around Portsmouth and a couple surrounding areas.

Lotta Bruce Fenton signs too but I know he’s heavily self funded.

The commies are running Tom Sherman, personally think they don’t stand a chance whether it’s prince Sununu or Riley. Personally I’d rather it be Riley. Sununu is corrupt… and lazy.

Back
Top Bottom