• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

that ar style bolt gun

greencobra

NES Member
jeezus, i was watching the video of the pof revolt bolt gun with tears in my eyes. i knew things were bad in massachusetts but now...oh shit. pew...clink clack....pew...clink clack. ok, rapid fire, pew...clink clack...pew...clink clack...pew...clink clack. never thought it would get to this point for a good while. all of a sudden a bullet button doesn't look so bad after all. california is now more progressive than massachusetts. another generation and you'll all be telling the grand kids how you fired a semi automatic firearm once. "how was it, grandpa?" they won't believe you. in a 100 years, some guy will be holding an ar style rifle that was passed down through the family but now is too fragile to fire.
[crying]
on the brighter side, phil lipof no longer has a job at wcvb. he's the guy who worked the mass compliant vs assault weapon story about 5-6 weeks ago.

alright, i'm done. been holding it in for a week.

Why would anyone pay $2500 for a bolt action ar-look-alike?

Are we really that desperate ?

There are good quality bolt guns like the Tikka for a fraction of that price.

Here's a thought:

Buy a decent bolt gun.
Send $1000 to comm2a to get our testicles out of hock.

just a thought.

Jack

Why would anyone pay $2500 for a bolt action ar-look-alike?

Are we really that desperate ?

There are good quality bolt guns like the Tikka for a fraction of that price.

Here's a thought:

Buy a decent bolt gun.
Send $1000 to comm2a to get our testicles out of hock.

just a thought.

Jack

Is it really $2500? Dear god.

I am not sure why you would need a bolt action gun that looks like that, and costs that much!

I HAVE been thinking about getting a very accurate bolt action 5.56 for a while...maybe, sadly, now I have a reason. Wanted one for SHTF, since I have plenty of 5.56 ammo, and really only one gun to shoot it with so far.

$2500??

Can't you just buy the upper receiver and charging handle yourself? Then just remove the gas tube and you've nuetered your AR [emoji22]

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

the henry lever steel carbines are pretty bad ass. https://www.henryrifles.com/rifles/henry-big-boy-steel/

it's not a comparison to an AR. apples and oranges. the henry lever carbines are just cool. no stupid manual safety. just run the lever and go. very clean design. smooth action. the wood is like something from the 1950's. you just don't see this kind of american craftsmanship anymore. i love 'em.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this thing, bought it a year ago or so because, well, I like the way it looks.

936149_L1.jpg

I would never pay $2500 for a bolt action AR. If I wanted a tacticool looking bolt gun, I'd just get the Ruger precision rifle for less than half of that, and have a much better and more practical gun.[rolleyes]

It pains me to provide suggestions that would allow one to comply with the new awb interpretation, but there are still at least a few semi auto rifles out there which could be an adequate stand in for an ar/ak rifle.

Not sure I want to go talking about them though...what with maura possibly watching...

It pains me to provide suggestions that would allow one to comply with the new awb interpretation, but there are still at least a few semi auto rifles out there which could be an adequate stand in for an ar/ak rifle.

Not sure I want to go talking about them though...what with maura possibly watching...

She better not ban the Hall BFG9000.

$2500??

Can't you just buy the upper receiver and charging handle yourself? Then just remove the gas tube and you've nuetered your AR [emoji22]

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing buy upper turn the gas block. Then use the charging handle to load. reqister as a bolt action.

I think if they hit the $800 price tag it would interest me a lot more to have as a bench rest target gun. But once I heard the price, I lost all interest.

the henry lever steel carbines are pretty bad ass. https://www.henryrifles.com/rifles/henry-big-boy-steel/

it's not a comparison to an AR. apples and oranges. the henry lever carbines are just cool. no stupid manual safety. just run the lever and go. very clean design. smooth action. the wood is like something from the 1950's. you just don't see this kind of american craftsmanship anymore. i love 'em.

Funny, a few years ago I convinced myself I needed an AR. I went to the gunshop with my Garand as trading material (another gun I needed because I listened to everyone) but wound up leaving with a Marlin 336 instead.
While I don't want an AR, I want that to be my choice, so I'm still pulling with you ARistas.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only reason to buy a bolt AR would be to show the elite how dumb it is to be placing restrictions/banning ARs. It is splitting hairs to suggest that one type of firearm is more lethal than another.

I would never pay $2500 for a bolt action AR. If I wanted a tacticool looking bolt gun, I'd just get the Ruger precision rifle for less than half of that, and have a much better and more practical gun.[rolleyes]

I was looking at those online , I didn't see it on the list, but have seen dealers offering them, do they neuter it to make it complyant? How so?

Back
Top Bottom