• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

that ar style bolt gun

$2500??

Can't you just buy the upper receiver and charging handle yourself? Then just remove the gas tube and you've nuetered your AR [emoji22]

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

They started with a $2200 gen 4 POF, and it shoots 1/2 MOA. It's pricey cause it's a POF, not cause it's a bolt gun. The .556 bolt is $2000 online, vs $2200 for the semiauto.

Funny, a few years ago I convinced myself I needed an AR. I went to the gunshop with my Garand as trading material (another gun I needed because I listened to everyone) but wound up leaving with a Marlin 336 instead.
While I don't want an AR, I want that to be my choice, so I'm still pulling with you ARistas.

Ugghh you traded in a M1 .....what did they not give you for it.

If this bizarre AG insanity stands... God help us... there will be a lot more options coming on-line at much cheaper prices than $2,500. [thinking]

There isn't a big enough drive for makers to come up with new guns just for us. Really the biggest hurdle is how she wants to enforce the copy aspect with the operating system .
There's really only a few different types .
Would a striker fired ar get around it ? Who knows .

Last edited:
I am not sure why you would need a bolt action gun that looks like that, and costs that much!

I HAVE been thinking about getting a very accurate bolt action 5.56 for a while...maybe, sadly, now I have a reason. Wanted one for SHTF, since I have plenty of 5.56 ammo, and really only one gun to shoot it with so far.

Please let me know if you find a bolt action rifle chambered in 5.56. Every one I've seen is a .223 chambering. Just for reference, you can fire a .223 through a 5.56 spec rifle but not a 5.56 through a .223 rifle.

The only reason to buy a bolt AR would be to show the elite how dumb it is to be placing restrictions/banning ARs. It is splitting hairs to suggest that one type of firearm is more lethal than another.

Start thinking like a chess player. If we suggest that there is not difference in the "lethality" of one rifle compared to another, what do you think the next move the anti contingent makes? That's right: ban them all. We have a constitutional right to bear arms. Period. Don't let the antis give you any crap about the founding fathers not contemplating semi-autos or AR type rifles. A right is a right. Did the authors of the Constitution contemplate the internet or television media when they wrote the First Amendment? Of course not. They can't have it both ways.

Chris

For a $2500 bolt gun, my mind goes to a mag fed 50bmg upper like Safety Harbor or Tactilite. Never fired one, but I have a feeling I'd put a smile on my face.

There isn't a big enough drive for makers to come up with new guns just for us. Really the biggest hurdle is how she wants to in force the copy aspect with the operating system .
There's really only a few different types .
Would a striker fired ar get around it ? Who knows .
I don't want to post any ideas or concepts with Maura watching. Beyond that, we can only hope that someone out there with the money and means cares enough about those of us hurting behind enemy lines to come up with something that she can't unilaterally ban (even with our anti pols & courts) and get away with. [thinking]

Hey, I can dream can't I? [crying]

I don't want to post any ideas or concepts with Maura watching. Beyond that, we can only hope that someone out there with the money and means cares enough about those of us hurting behind enemy lines to come up with something that she can't unilaterally ban (even with our anti pols & courts) and get away with. [thinking]

Hey, I can dream can't I? [crying]

I have a few idea but really it comes down to how she wants to enforce her new rules.

Some of them are fairly easy to make compared to rotating bolt for rifles .

Please let me know if you find a bolt action rifle chambered in 5.56. Every one I've seen is a .223 chambering. Just for reference, you can fire a .223 through a 5.56 spec rifle but not a 5.56 through a .223 rifle.

Start thinking like a chess player. If we suggest that there is not difference in the "lethality" of one rifle compared to another, what do you think the next move the anti contingent makes? That's right: ban them all. We have a constitutional right to bear arms. Period. Don't let the antis give you any crap about the founding fathers not contemplating semi-autos or AR type rifles. A right is a right. Did the authors of the Constitution contemplate the internet or television media when they wrote the First Amendment? Of course not. They can't have it both ways.

Chris
Mossberg MVP

Just cause they say .223 doesn't mean you can't shoot 556 . It just means the chamber is better for .223 .
Personally I'd find a bolt gun in .223 wylde to have the best of the both .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom