The blue shield of protection

Ok....
1) Every gun is always loaded.
2) Never put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to fire.
3) Never point your gun at something you are not absolutely willing to destroy.
4) Always know your target and what lies beyond.

So, to recap... He only CLEARLY violated 2, 3, and 4. So yup, he's an incompetent fool who has NO business carrying anything more lethal than a straw and spitballs.

Ok....
1) Every gun is always loaded.
2) Never put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to fire.
3) Never point your gun at something you are not absolutely willing to destroy.
4) Always know your target and what lies beyond.

So, to recap... He only CLEARLY violated 2, 3, and 4. So yup, he's an incompetent fool who has NO business carrying anything more lethal than a straw and spitballs.
No. He is a highly trained professional. We are the incompetent fools.

Call me old fashioned but I’m a firm believer that if you can’t use your tools properly for work, whether it’s a firearm, a chainsaw, a computer or a stethoscope, then you need a different line of work. Sorry but not everybody’s cut out or qualified for their desired field.

The example I keep thinking of when this shit happens is my old .mil unit. Even after months and sometimes years of blood, sweat and tears training just to get accepted into this unit, no matter your rank or how long you’ve served there, if you have an ND, even with a blank round, you’re gone the very same day. No questions asked, sorry but we can’t use you here anymore.

When your main tools for your job are firearms, this just can’t be acceptable behavior.

Call me old fashioned but I’m a firm believer that if you can’t use your tools properly for work, whether it’s a firearm, a chainsaw, a computer or a stethoscope, then you need a different line of work. Sorry but not everybody’s cut out or qualified for their desired field.

The example I keep thinking of when this shit happens is my old .mil unit. Even after months and sometimes years of blood, sweat and tears training just to get accepted into this unit, no matter your rank or how long you’ve served there, if you have an ND, even with a blank round, you’re gone the very same day. No questions asked, sorry but we can’t use you here anymore.

When your main tools for your job are firearms, this just can’t be acceptable behavior.
In any of my units just nd ing in a clearing barrel was a career ender as well as an ar15 on your way out.

Much longer video. Other cameras. Transport.

Now my cynicism. They are going to blame it on the dogs. Go to 7:00 in the video below.

It's one thing watching your front , it's another to have to watch the guy who's supposed to have your back.
You would never get me on another call with that numbnuts .
That would be assuming I didn't get fired for breaking a foot off in his ass after I healed up.

Now my cynicism. They are going to blame it on the dogs. Go to 7:00 in the video below.

Go to 4:10 and watch the guy respond on his radio while his gun is pointing at the womans head....

Yeah.....theyll blame the dog getting out of the kennel. But ......that a**h*** didn't shoot anywhere near that dog. Not even close. The guy had his finger on the trigger And f***ed up.

Mr police chief......your wrong.....it was negligence.

Go to 4:10 and watch the guy respond on his radio while his gun is pointing at the womans head....
I see that! These folks clearly need some training.
Mention that and the chief will blame budget cuts. Cops will NEVER take any responsibility for ANYTHING. Period.

Is using a weaponlight in lieau of a regular flashlight a SOP in LE? He flagged her and his own hand multiple times before the shot.

IMO a weapons mounted light is always more advantageous in a potentially dangerous environment. It allows you to keep one hand free if needed to create distance or use for whatever is needed without losing physical control of your typical flashlight or having to pocket it to then use your off hand.

It should not however, ever be used in place of a typical flashlight out of laziness or lack or training (common sense).

Nothing is really SOP from one dept to another, all the great leaders (sarcasm) who generally aren’t gun people or even street cops, have their own ideas of how things should be done and they create the SOP for their depts.

Last edited:

AD's are ND"s unless FN's

"Our conclusion in this incident was this was not a result of an act of negligence, carelessness or otherwise reckless behavior," Lafayette Police Chief Patrick Flannelly said at a press conference Friday. "It was accidental."

Wright is not expected to face disciplinary action.

And it’s my conclusion you and Officer Wright are sacks of shit.

He nearly blew another cops head off and you think it’s not a big deal, just an accident? He won’t be charged, fired, or even disciplined?

Why should anyone possibly think police would do the right thing when the police chief doesnt have a problem with one of his own getting shot and nearly killed by another of his own officers? That tells me police in his department are free to “accidentally” kill anyone or anything for any reason.

And it’s my conclusion you and Officer Wright are sacks of shit.

He nearly blew another cops head off and you think it’s not a big deal, just an accident? He won’t be charged, fired, or even disciplined?

Why should anyone possibly think police would do the right thing when the police chief doesnt have a problem with one of his own getting shot and nearly killed by another of his own officers? That tells me police in his department are free to “accidentally” kill anyone or anything for any reason.

I agree 100%. What a joke.

IMO a weapons mounted light is always more advantageous in a potentially dangerous environment. It allows you to keep one hand free if needed to create distance or use for whatever is needed without losing physical control of your typical flashlight or having to pocket it to then use your off hand.

It should not however, ever be used in place of a typical flashlight out of laziness or lack or training (common sense).

Nothing is really SOP from one dept to another, all the great leaders (sarcasm) who generally aren’t gun people or even street cops, have their own ideas of how things should be done and they create the SOP for their depts.

Same could be said of lasers....

NY Gov Cuomo's Commissioner of Homeland Security Uses Gun Laser as Pointing Device

My agency is just now getting around to mounting lights on handguns. And yes, I'm worried.

Same could be said of lasers....

NY Gov Cuomo's Commissioner of Homeland Security Uses Gun Laser as Pointing Device

My agency is just now getting around to mounting lights on handguns. And yes, I'm worried.

I don’t blame you. Aren’t enough good guys left to babysit all the idiots and inevitably some moron will forget their flashlight and whip out a roscoe to use the light on a traffic stop or something. Needs to be a hard no and a harsh lesson for the first one that does it to try and nip that shit in the bud.

Back
Top Bottom