The effectiveness of the SAF and surveys in general

Joe G

NES Member
I just got a mailing from the Second Amendment Foundation. In it was enclosed a 10 question 'survey' that requested a contribution to "set the record straight" and publicize its results.

There was a time where I would fill these out and send them in with a check without thinking twice. These days I'm trying to make best use of my dollars. So I've got two questions:

1) Does anybody know if the SAF (or GOA or the NRA for that matter) actually tallys results and makes them available to legislators? Or, are these surveys just used to make me feel better about sending a check?

2) Is the SAF even worth supporting financially? Seems like all they do is send surveys and ask for money. At least GOA shows they get media exposure and meet with legislators.

Until I see evidence to the contrary my financial support is behind GOAL and GOA. I'll write letters if the NRA asks. But when they ask for money I reply that I'll start sending them checks when they stop compromising my rights.

Mods: Don't know if you'd rather see this in a political forum. Transfer as you see fit.

Back
Top Bottom