• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Elusive 10lb Mass Compliant Trigger

Just getting tired of replies to posts about 10lb Mass triggers. Far as I know, there is none, other than some double action revolvers. I know the laws in this insane state are hard to understand, but it is pretty simple to comprehend a manual safety, and or a 10lb trigger pull. I could be wrong, but I don't know of any recent gunmakers who thought it was a good idea to put the 10lb trigger on a gun as opposed to the manual safety.

Nobody thinks it is a good idea, however it’s easier to install a heavy spring than it is to redesign the pistol with a manual safety to accommodate a niche market.

Also I shot a S&w m&p with a 14 lb trigger... it sucked.

I can’t think of a pistol other than the MnP that has a specific mass trigger.

But you can dodge all that by purchasing one that’s not busted from the factory.

My M&P9 came with a 10lb trigger, did it not?
I've never shot a semi auto with a 10lb trigger. Honestly didn't know someone made them...or, that someone bought them. Still lots of great guns available in this awful state, just not all of them. Most seem not to mind the safety on 1911's.....I will probably buy a p365 this year with a safety if the make the list.

Happens on the used market as well. I bought a gen 2 Glock G22 with the NY trigger spring in it. I can’t believe they think that is safer.

I've never shot a semi auto with a 10lb trigger. Honestly didn't know someone made them...or, that someone bought them. Still lots of great guns available in this awful state, just not all of them. Most seem not to mind the safety on 1911's.....I will probably buy a p365 this year with a safety if the make the list.

It was my first gun. It's got a good trigger on it now and is a decent shooter. As for the 10 pound trigger, you can replicate the feeling by inserting a big lump of soggy diaper between your finger and a trigger that has a safety on. It's pretty crappy. How this makes a gun "safer" is completely beyond me. But anyway...

I put all my triggers on diets...

iu

Shields come with the heavy trigger. A lot of shops have made a lot of $$ selling and installing Apex triggers after selling Ma**h*** compliant Shields.

Someone posted not long ago that the 365 had been submitted for testing, so hopefully it will not be too long.

I guessing then that you never shot a SW SD9VE or SD40VE. Their trigger pulls are probably in the 12 to 15 lb range or a little more.

1911 is kind of safety not optional :p

The safety in a 1911 is kind of a requirement.....you know......single action and hammer fired and all. M and p.....Glock......striker fired so the thumb safety is less of a "requirememt".......

Your Saying that people not minding a safety in a 1911 and comparing that to striker fired guns is making my head hurt.

Last edited:
Just getting tired of replies to posts about 10lb Mass triggers. Far as I know, there is none, other than some double action revolvers. I know the laws in this insane state are hard to understand, but it is pretty simple to comprehend a manual safety, and or a 10lb trigger pull. I could be wrong, but I don't know of any recent gunmakers who thought it was a good idea to put the 10lb trigger on a gun as opposed to the manual safety.
Tell her we all said hello

I'm considering buying a M&P 2.0 9mm (full-size). I buy all my guns with safeties. Can anyone confirm that this gun comes with the crappy trigger despite the manual safety?

You can get rid of a 10 pound trigger but you can’t get rid of a manual safety.
At least easily.

My M&P now has a smooth as silk 3lb trigger and still no manual safety.

Back
Top Bottom