• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The first American-made Kalashnikovs are now for sale

It's a way around the sanctions against Russian firearms. Parts come in, they get assembled into rifles, sold as American products.

Ahh makes sense. I thought they were licensing the design and these were going to be 100% made in the USA. I was afraid that us made parts would send the cost through the roof, so this is better.

I got in touch with Kalashnikov USA today and he told me that Only that us132z was out but the others will be out "VERY" soon is all he can tell me. I asked if he could give me the Month and he say's July. when I know more i'll post up. My Dealer also said he's having issues with them over pricing, that may be why it's taking time...

So these have threaded barrels, so I assume a muzzle device needs to be pinned - is the stock muzzle device legal in MA?

Four Seasons only sells MA-gimped model rifles right? I wonder what version they will be selling.

That's what I'd go for. Nice classic look. Some of the others look a little to Frankenstein-y for my tastes.

I like the classic look too be it wood or polymer. I just wish they'd have added a lug even if the ears were ground so it could serve as a cleaning rod holder.

Before everyone starts with the not cleaning AKs replies, the cleaning rod is useful in knocking out squibs.

From the looks of that pic these are converted Saigas. Same gas and sight blocks, even plugs on the lower rear of the receiver where the trigger pins normally are. Makes me wonder if there's a bullet guide.

Did you click on the how easy it is to buy a gun link in there

Unfortunately. It is a pile of crap.

Hundreds of stores sell guns, from big chains like Walmart (WMT) to family-run shops like Ken's Sporting Goods & Liquor Store in Crescent, Ore. Or you can attend one of the dozens of gun shows that take place almost every weekend nationwide. People also regularly buy guns from neighbors or family members.

A background check is conducted only in store purchases.

But gun buyers don't have to go through a background check when they make a purchase at a gun show.

Mass compliant?
No Bayo , Brake will need pin/weld that's it. But I doubt they will do a Mass comp model. I hope but doubt

These don't have a bayonet lug or cleaning rod (maybe that's what you meant). Why would you hope for a MA compliant model? They're always more expensive.

Although I suppose if it was MA compliant you could get them dirt cheap at Four Seasons.

wonder if king obama shares our enthusiasm
obama is 100% for the wood, loves that wood, the more wood, the bigger the wood, the better, black wood, white wood, brown wood, yellow wood, all good. if a wood chuck could chuck wood, he would issue an EO for all wood to be chucked to him. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom