The FN SCAR won't be down for breakfast.

This isn't an Obama thing.
-Mike

I think it's very much an Obama thing. He has refused to request appropriations to fight this war, which means that the money has been coming out of operational funds. Maintenance is being deferred on equipment, parts are being scavenged to keep some machinery going, and so on. Just like the Carter Administration did. I have no doubt that money earmarked for new equipment is being repurposed to fund on going operations. After he is done, hopefully in 2013, the military will need massive infusions of money to rebuild.

That money will have to come from somewhere, but that's a different story.

I think it's very much an Obama thing.

Maybe, but I think it would have gotten canned regardless of who was president at the time. There's a pervasive subculture within DOD brass to apply as much hate as possible to small arms implementation, yet somehow, contracts always appear to still engage in development... but they never make it beyond limited acceptance at best.

I agree that Obama is a douchebag WRT the military, but my point is this "problem" is a
lot deeper than just him.

-Mike

I'm not familiar with the history of the adoption of the M16, but was it as long a process back then getting it adopted?

If nothing else, the military's indecisiveness is motivating some great small-arms manufacturers to keep coming up with some really nice firearms. Many of which are making it to our market...

I'm not familiar with the history of the adoption of the M16, but was it as long a process back then getting it adopted?

Circa 5 years from prototype to production. Not counting the design lessons learned by the AR10 in the early 50s.

Maybe, but I think it would have gotten canned regardless of who was president at the time. There's a pervasive subculture within DOD brass to apply as much hate as possible to small arms implementation, yet somehow, contracts always appear to still engage in development... but they never make it beyond limited acceptance at best.

I agree that Obama is a douchebag WRT the military, but my point is this "problem" is a
lot deeper than just him.

-Mike

You may be right, Mike. Still, he's weakening the military, and thus the US, every day through his actions. I know I'm going to drift off topic, but here's a great article by Mark Steyn. Nothing about small arms, but a lot about small minds, specifically Obama's. On every front, this guy is hurting out nation.

Back
Top Bottom