The Governor

Does anyone own a Smith Wesson Governor? Looking for something fun to shoot at the range and this looks like fun. Shooting .410 and Colt longs from a revolver!! Any one with experience shooting this revolver?

Thanks

I know a guy with one...he loves it. Says it's fun to shoot...but his range won't allow the .410 indoors.

OT: Thought this thread was going to be about The Walking Dead... [sad2]

Watch Hickok45's review of this gun. I wanted one in the worst way, but the thing is pretty useless after a few yards.

I shot 1 then instantly wanted 1. Bought one a few weeks ago. I love shooting the 45 LC out of it seeing your bullet fly through the air makes you feel like you have super powers. the .410 stuff is hilarious you can line up 3 targets stand 20ft away and hit all 3. great options for defensive 4.10 rounds too.

I shoot 00 buck in mine. It has 3 .40 cal pellets exiting at about 800 fps. Nearly the same as getting hit by 3 .45acp rounds all at once. The .410 packs real kick so be ready when you pull that trigger.

Overall it's very light for it's size and even the .45 rounds are a little 'crisp' with the recoil.

I think it a perfect HD weapon.

Federal makes some 000 buck for handguns that does not screw around, I gave Exodius my last box for his Governor. Box stated 1200fps muzzle velocity, which is plenty imo!

Dom

[wave]

I've yet to try anything through my Governor, perhaps I can rectify that this weekend.

I was watching someone shoot a Governor at the range last night and when they shot the red Winchester ammo it bulged out the back of the brass and locked the cylinder up tight. Was tough to get it opened and had to be pried and smacked with a rubber hammer some. The green Remington didn't do that at all.
If your going to shoot the red Winchester stuff then just load them one at a time to test them and save yourself some grief. It was easy to see how it bulged out the back. I would never want that to be my carry load!

Back
Top Bottom