The Gun Industry and the New Anti-Boycott Laws

MaverickNH

NES Member

A blog about a paper by the same title The Gun Industry and the New Anti-Boycott Laws on Duke Firearms Law. The author seems to prioritize entities that boycott based on ESG factors and those investors that favor such ESG values, ignoring that those that reject ESG get taken along for the ride.

"Yes, your tax dollars can be spent by individuals, entities or government based, not on best return on investment or quality of products & services, but on Environmental, Social, Governance values you reject." How does that make sense? Only to those claiming the right to control society for their decided good.

”My article is critical of all these anti-boycott laws; I argue that they violate the rights of freedom of expression for the affected entities and for socially conscious investors. I also argue that the laws function as a coerced subsidy of the firearms industry, in violation of free market principles, and that the monopsony power of the government in hiring certain types of contractors (like bond underwriters) makes the laws unduly oppressive…Operation Choke Point has certainly been a talking point in the legislative hearings about the anti-boycott laws, and I attempt to show that the gun industry’s claims about it are largely untrue.”

Back
Top Bottom