• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The gun you regret selling, and the gun you couldn't get rid of fast enough

Agnotology

NES Member
So, for me, it was a 20 gauge pump action shotgun I inherited from my father. He received it as a gift for being part of a wedding party. It was a 1 of 5 gun, wood furniture selected by hand from the assembly line, and said furniture was send out for custom wood engraving. I was in a tight spot for money with a child on the way, and he wasn't in much better shape, so he told me to sell it and call it a day. I would sell my 93 Ford F-250 IDI project, my gaming PC, every single thing I owned including my cell phone if it meant I could get it back. The worst part, too, is I can't even remember the make or model.

What I couldn't get rid of fast enough was as Savage Arms Model 93 in .22 magnum. The bolt, no matter what I did, rusted constantly. I finally gave up when after a green scotchbrite and WD-40 scrubbing session to get rid of all the rust, I cleaned it and baked it in the oven for 2 hours on warm to get rid of any residual moisture, practically dipped in Hoppe's, and set it in storage for 2 weeks. When I pulled it out, not only was the bolt speckled in fresh rust, the bolt handle was too. I sold it for $80 IIRC.

Last edited:
Had a Marlin 357 lever gun. Sold it in 1994. Very sad.
I guess a Tec 9. It liked to jam and I didn't

Regret = My first Smith model 29-2 which I now have back finally.

No regret = The POS Colt double eagle.

never sold anything but I bought a piece of junk twice. once cause it was cheep and twice to make the 1st safe enough to operate (as infrequently as it did).

never ever buy a Remington 522 "viper" ... a royal piece of shite. imposible to repair, difficult to properly clean, and even worse to use.

I don't sell guns.
But might need to get rid of a couple.
One is a tiny .25 cal, I bought it and never shot it. Looks great, but it is not my thing.

AR180/SIG P220. In that order.

The '180 was a beautiful Howa. From the moment I traded it, I was on the hunt for a replacement. I've found a Sterling now, but I still miss that Howa.

The SIG... well. I heard everyone raving about it, so I figured I'd give it a try, but... no. Just no. I was the same way with my Glock.

Regret selling my Arsenal SAM-7R to a friend couple years ago for exactly what I paid for it ($1350). Saw some people were asking for $4K FIRM for a SAM-7R "IN MA!!!"

Couldn't get rid of a Keltec P11 fast enough. That thing couldn't feed hollow points and I wasn't about to spend the time doing a fluff n buff lol

Traded my grandfathers beat to snot Fox Sterlingworth for a new Roger 10/22 when I was 18. Dumb. Also miss one of the Browning T series Hi-Powers I’ve owned.

Don’t miss any of the M&P shields I’ve tried to love.

Back
Top Bottom