The gun you regret selling, and the gun you couldn't get rid of fast enough

Only sold a couple over the years. I truly regret letting loose of a Dan Wesson .357 "pistol pack". 2, 4, 6, & 8 inch barrels and two grips in a brown case like a flute would come in. What a beautiful piece. I just didn't shoot it much. Wish I had it back.

Only sold a couple over the years. I truly regret letting loose of a Dan Wesson .357 "pistol pack". 2, 4, 6, & 8 inch barrels and two grips in a brown case like a flute would come in. What a beautiful piece. I just didn't shoot it much. Wish I had it back.
That’s a travesty, talk about shoot yourself in the foot

I regret selling my mint-condition Sig P-225, it was the most accurate 9mm I've ever owned.
I couldn't sell my.380 AMT Backup fast enough, it was without a doubt one of the worst pistols ever made.

Bula XM21 Scout that I built. I know the guy that owns it now though and told him to let me know if he wants to sell it back to me.

And the Remington Woodmaster 742 in 30-06. I never even shot it because it just felt like such a piece of shit. Bought it for $200 and got about that in trade value I think. Traded it for a Ruger 10/22 Takedown TALO which I ended up selling because Ruger put a hair across my ass on another gun and I swore I’d never own another firearm from them.

gun I couldn't get rid of fast enough?

A Kel-Tek P3AT in 380

Sold but should have kept?

Sig P-6 ( like a P-225A1)

So, for me, it was a 20 gauge pump action shotgun I inherited from my father. He received it as a gift for being part of a wedding party. It was a 1 of 5 gun, wood furniture selected by hand from the assembly line, and said furniture was send out for custom wood engraving. I was in a tight spot for money with a child on the way, and he wasn't in much better shape, so he told me to sell it and call it a day. I would sell my 93 Ford F-250 IDI project, my gaming PC, every single thing I owned including my cell phone if it meant I could get it back. The worst part, too, is I can't even remember the make or model.

What I couldn't get rid of fast enough was as Savage Arms Model 93 in .22 magnum. The bolt, no matter what I did, rusted constantly. I finally gave up when after a green scotchbrite and WD-40 scrubbing session to get rid of all the rust, I cleaned it and baked it in the oven for 2 hours on warm to get rid of any residual moisture, practically dipped in Hoppe's, and set it in storage for 2 weeks. When I pulled it out, not only was the bolt speckled in fresh rust, the bolt handle was too. I sold it for $80 IIRC.
CZ 7.62x39 bolt gun

Rossi .38 spl

AR180/SIG P220. In that order.

The '180 was a beautiful Howa. From the moment I traded it, I was on the hunt for a replacement. I've found a Sterling now, but I still miss that Howa.

The SIG... well. I heard everyone raving about it, so I figured I'd give it a try, but... no. Just no. I was the same way with my Glock.
I hope someone does a run on AR-180's again that would be awesome. Retro rifles are getting big again so who knows.

I regret selling a High Standard Model 10B bullpup 12 ga. Only because it was unusual and it would be worth something someday.

I actually bought an AK years ago. I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Get this commie piece of shit away from me.

Too many regrets to list.... p7M8 #1. For get rid.... dead heat between the AMT Backup 380 DAO i had and the seecamp 32. Both hunks of shit, although the seecamp at least retained value so i could get my money back. Ruger mk2 third, f*** those things, stupid f***ing design I don't care if it was one if the most popular 22s ever made..... 🤣 don't care if im hated for this, its just a maintenance nightmare.

I regret selling a High Standard Model 10B bullpup 12 ga. Only because it was unusual and it would be worth something someday.

I actually bought an AK years ago. I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Get this commie piece of shit away from me.
I just looked up the High Standard because I had never heard of it. Looks like the spiritual predecessor to the Pancor Jackhammer

Cant regret selling if you never sell ;)

serveimage (1).jpg

Seriously though, Ive made one trade which I got the best of, but even so still wish I had what I traded (Ruger SR22). Not a huge loss, just a cheap little commodity gun but it was a fun little plinker. Prob pick another up one day. I got a nice 5906 for it so Im happy.

Sold a BPS medallion for a Citori 725 should have kept it. Don't buy POS shit guns either so everything is being buried with me from now on.

Regret= S&W 629 10"scoped, S&W 52-2, S&W 41, S&W 686 6", S&W 645, S&W 39, Sprinfield Armory .45

I wasnt in a hurry to get rid of anything. Just needed $$ to sink into highpower rifle, national match shooting.......
i shoulda kept the guns and took out a loan.......

The only firearm that I've sold is a post war Colt Ace that I will forever regret selling. Kid needed glasses though and I was between jobs and "poor". That kid has paid me back in spades over the years so I guess it was a good investment. He makes more money in a year that I was making in 10 years.

I never regretted selling as in most cases it was to improve and update what I have.

I do regret not buying a few guns that arent made anymore that were dirt cheap and easy to come by back in the day.

I don’t regret selling any of the guns that I’ve sold. Perhaps the guns that I least regret selling are two HK USPc — those guns just never worked for me.

Last edited:
HK-91/XDS-45
Ruger mk2 third, f*** those things, stupid f***ing design I don't care if it was one if the most popular 22s ever made..... 🤣 don't care if im hated for this, its just a maintenance nightmare.
Yeah some serious time was wasted before figuring out WTF needs to happen when assembling that one. Great little popper though I’ve had mine for 25 years…

#1 regret I owned a polytech legend and sold it to afford a project
#1 I couldn't get rid of it fast enough was a keltek ksg that had a burr inside bad enough that it was slicing shot shells

Colt Detective Special/ Amt 380 backup
I had a backup at one time. Aside from not wanting to shoot anything but ball of Remington JHP, mine was abuse proof. I shot Ayoob's LFI1 class with it, and got the second highest score in the class. I miss mine.

Would love a detective special, but can't see fit to spend $1000 on one. Prices are still insane.

Back
Top Bottom