The hipster shotgun: Kalashnikov unveils 'gadget shotgun' with built-in computer and video camera

mikeyp

NES Member

The Kalashnikov group, which produces the AK-47 assault rifle, has unveiled its hipster 'gadget gun' aimed at Gen Z customers who can't bear to be without tech.

The semi-automatic 12-gauge shotgun, dubbed the 'MP-155 Ultima', has a built-in HD video camera and computer to teach its users how to shoot.

The futuristic weapon, with a stylish composite body and an external display, can record your every move and transmit the information to your smartphone via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.

Speaking on Tuesday, the group's director said it was planning to market the new gadget-packed weapon to hipsters and young people.

1612975486205.png
The Kalashnikov group, which produces the AK-47 assault rifle, has unveiled its hipster 'gadget gun' aimed at Gen Z customers who can't bear to be without tech. Pictured, the group's director first presented the futuristic weapon in Moscow, Russia, on August 21, 2020

1612975499401.png
The semi-automatic 12-gauge shotgun (pictured on August 24, 2020), dubbed the 'MP-155 Ultima', has a built-in HD video camera and computer to teach its users how to shoot

1612975517551.png
Kalashnikov's MP-155 Ultima shotgun is pictured in the Kalashnikov expo centre prior to the International Military Technical Forum Army 2020 in Moscow on August 21 2020

Resembling something that might be found in a video game, the shotgun features a stylish body, a built-in computer in the butt-stock - with a small screen, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth - and a barrel-mounted video camera.

It can record video through its 'eyes' before transmitting the information in real time to a smartphone.

The built-in computer also offers a number of basic functions, including a timer recording the number of shots and hits, the time and rate of fire, and the number of targets hit.

It also has a built-in compass and a GPS module showing the location of the weapon. When the battery runs out, the gun can be charged via the USB connector mounted on the side.

'It's the first gadget weapon. The task is to attract that part of the audience who was born with gadgets and cannot imagine themselves without them,' Kalashnikov's director Dmitry Tarasov said in an interview with the RBK business daily.

'Classic hunting today is becoming more rare, even outlandish. Therefore, I would like to involve... hipsters, Generation Z,' he said - referring to those born from the mid-1990s onwards.

'I really want people to own weapons responsibly and at the same time get a kick out of it.'

The estimated price of its new high-tech shotgun, which was first presented at a military expo outside Moscow last summer, is 100,000 roubles (£980).

1612975563774.png
Resembling something that might be found in a video game, the futuristic shotgun (pictured on August 23, 2020) features a stylish body, a built-in computer in the butt-stock - with a small screen, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth - and a barrel-mounted video camera

1612975578512.png
Pictured, Kalashnikov's MP-155 Ultima shotgun is on display at an exhibition as part of the Army 2020 International Military Technical Forum at the Patriot Congress and Exhibition Centre of the Russian Armed Forces on August 23, 2020

1612975594104.png
Speaking on Tuesday, the group's director said it was planning to market the new gadget-packed weapon (pictured in file photo on August 23, 2020) to hipsters and young people

The Kalashnikov group is Russia's largest weapons producer and is part of the state-owned defence conglomerate Rostec.

The group says it manufactures some 95 per cent of 'all Russian small arms'.

Mass shootings in Russia are relatively rare.

In the last high-profile case, a teenage gunman in October 2018 killed 20 at his college in Moscow-annexed Crimea.

Last month a young army recruit was sentenced to over 24 years in prison for shooting dead eight servicemen, in a trial that spotlighted hazing in the army.

I like the concept, we've had gun cams for years, and although there are problems, as a whole they hold up well.
The computer and software doesn't seem to effect the firing functionality, which is great, but I would worry that the software, and especially any app and communication style would become obsolete and render the most expensive portion of the gun useless. I think I'd prefer this system to be an accessory over a built in feature.

With that said, I'ma wait for the liberals to shit their pants when they figure out that if you used it in a shooting it'd be telling you how to smoke people better.

The Gen X model comes with a cassette tape player in the stock, the old cigarette lighter plug, and outlet to plug into your original super nintendo system to play Duck Hunt.
Uh, yeah... you joke, but my kiddo loves to play the vintage games on the “original” NES...
1F9B65EF-5FFA-4D64-AF42-8A59EBD4B2FB.jpeg
(Operation Wolf)​

The built-in computer also offers a number of basic functions, including a timer recording the number of shots and hits, the time and rate of fire, and the number of targets hit.

It's great the technology finally exists to be able to measure this stuff.

GPS is an interesting feature...
I get being anti trackable guns.. but i do like how it doesnt have the tradional smart gun feature...Hand or trigger safeties So it could only be operated by one user. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a lockout code you can enter. All the safety features could be overridden anyway

Back
Top Bottom