• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The hypocrisy of anti's

I know a guy who is a rabid anti. You can't even have a rational conversation with him, he believes all black guns are weapons of war and should be taken away and made illegal. Fine. Crazy. But fine.

So now Rhode Island wants to restrict pit bulls. In the drafted legislation they need to be registered, can't be bred unless you have a permit, etc. So they are treating this dog, a specific breed, like a dangerous weapon. My crazy anti? He wants to leave the state he is so indignant about singling out a particular dog breed.

Irony? Anyone?

I could tell him that it's not the tool that is dangerous, it is the way it is used, but what's the point- some people are just too thick in the head to reason with.

I know a guy who is a rabid anti. You can't even have a rational conversation with him, he believes all black guns are weapons of war and should be taken away and made illegal. Fine. Crazy. But fine.

So now Rhode Island wants to restrict pit bulls. In the drafted legislation they need to be registered, can't be bred unless you have a permit, etc. So they are treating this dog, a specific breed, like a dangerous weapon. My crazy anti? He wants to leave the state he is so indignant about singling out a particular dog breed.

Irony? Anyone?

I could tell him that it's not the tool that is dangerous, it is the way it is used, but what's the point- some people are just too thick in the head to reason with.
All liberals are hypocrites because they have no problem telling you what you can own but when the tables are turned they scream bloody murder.

Irony? Anyone?

Maybe you should suggest he buys a gun to protect his dog! After all we keep our guns locked up why should his dog be different.
Dave

Ask him why he's opposed to these reasonable restrictions on dog ownership. After all, it's not like they're trying to take his pitbull away, they just want to make sure he's a responsible dog owner, and if his dog is lost or stolen and injures someone it can be traced back to him and he can be held liable. Oh, and suggest that they should require liability insurance for dog owners.

Ask him why he's opposed to these reasonable restrictions on dog ownership. After all, it's not like they're trying to take his pitbull away, they just want to make sure he's a responsible dog owner, and if his dog is lost or stolen and injures someone it can be traced back to him and he can be held liable. Oh, and suggest that they should require liability insurance for dog owners.

Don't forget to add "growling restrictions". I would suggest 7 growls/day max.

Next time somebody talks to you about “gun rights,” ask them if they mean the civil right of self-defense. It’s time to stop being on the defensive by talking about “gun rights,” and take back the narrative by talking about the civil rights of self-defense and the freedom of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

You did???

I never EVER justify myself, but I'm going to say that we come from a family of farmers and at one point the only people supporting farmers (according to my grandparents) were Democrats. So it is feasible that at one point in my history, even coming from a heavy gun toting family, that I voted for or in favor of a Democrat.

Needless to say, I've learned my lesson.

It's not just Antis. There are many that think that a small erosion of another's rights is not a big deal.

It's only when the chickens come home to roost that they get upset. And, by then, it's too late.

There have been many, many threads where people here are in favor of this, in areas other than guns. And, occasionally, guns, too.

Maybe you should suggest he buys a gun to protect his dog! After all we keep our guns locked up why should his dog be different.

It's a well known fact that guns reproduce in the safe. If they're trying to keep pitbulls from breeding, the last place you want them is a safe.

My uncle's favorite saying: "It all depends on whose ox you're gorin'"

I don't have an ox, so I don't care. Why does anyone need an ox anyway?

The correct response to somebody like this once they start bitching about the dog regulations is : " you know of course that you are a ****ing moron - right? "

My city wanted to pass something that would require muzzles on all pits and possibly outlaw them and a few other requirements that were ****ing absurd. Given the dog bite stats in my town singling out pit/pit mixes made absolutely no ****ing sense.
Me and my gf have an American Pit Bull Terrier and she felt very strongly about this. We were at all of the town meetings, signed petitions, sent letters, and made phone calls. All of that really opened her eyes to the world of the anti-gun crowd, something she had never thought about before. They're really similar actually. A bunch of ****ing tools trying to make decisions that they think will help us but really they're just trying to better their political career and don't give a **** about anyone but themselves. Thanks to my pup Mill it changed the way my gf felt about gun control. (Previously she had no opinion, but now she has the right one)

It's a well known fact that guns reproduce in the safe. If they're trying to keep pitbulls from breeding, the last place you want them is a safe.

[laugh2] Too true...

I don't have an ox, so I don't care. Why does anyone need an ox anyway?

Why does the government allow people to keep dangerous assault oxes around? Won't somebody please think of the children?!

Irony? Anyone?

Ask your friend which of the two - guns or dogs - are capable of selecting a victim and causing harm on their own accord.

"A liberal is a person that leans 10 degrees to left of center during good times and 20 degrees to the right of center when it affects himself personally"
Phil Ochs 1966
Listen to his "love me I am a liberal"!!!! Ignore his voice... :)
I believe Phil would be considered a right wing terrorist if he were alive today.. How times change

Back
Top Bottom