The hypocrisy of the left

basscatfrank

NES Member
I was reading an article in my local newspaper when I came across this quote from a democratic lawmaker,

“Whether the proposal is 10 years or 10 minutes, any durational residency requirement is an unconstitutional infringement of the fundamental right to vote,” said Rep. David Cote, D-Nashua. “Constitutional rights are not subject to a waiting period, something the Republican Party doesn’t seem to understand.”

As you can see, the Rep. was referring to a voting issue. His last line however, showcases the lefts ability to pick and choose the Constitutional freedoms they agree with. If one were to debate the 2nd Amendment with a liberal they would have no problem with enacting a waiting period on gun purchases nor would they find onerous the lengthy and time consuming process needed to receive a governmental permission slip to exercise a Constitutional right. Tell them that that is an infringement on your guaranteed freedom and they will tell you it's common sense, something I think he doesn't understand.

I was reading an article in my local newspaper when I came across this quote from a democratic lawmaker,

As you can see, the Rep. was referring to a voting issue. His last line however, showcases the lefts ability to pick and choose the Constitutional freedoms they agree with. If one were to debate the 2nd Amendment with a liberal they would have no problem with enacting a waiting period on gun purchases nor would they find onerous the lengthy and time consuming process needed to receive a governmental permission slip to exercise a Constitutional right. Tell them that that is an infringement on your guaranteed freedom and they will tell you it's common sense, something I think he doesn't understand.

Need further proof? Just look at the ACLU. They have CIVIL LIBERTIES in the middle of their name for fu(k's sake!! When was the last time THEY stood up for 2A!?!?

Common sense. What a joke. I hear something on the radio about this new band aid legislation they want passed imposing penalties for people pretending to be transgendered to get access to women's bathrooms. They called it Common Sense! No, COMMON SENSE is no allowing people with male genitalia to enter a woman's bathroom in the first place! But I digress...

"Common Sense" is whatever they want it to be, no matter how twisted or un-common and nonsensical it is!!

cherry picking the constitution for their own agenda is nothing new, every 4 years folks rediscover it's being done and get all excited.

So surprised we don't have a standard tag for these...

logo_footer.png

The hypocrisy on the left can easily become the hypocrisy on the right! just sayin'

We now live in a society where it is expected that all politicians and news sources are lying to us. When they are called out on it, they just shrug their shoulders and say "whatcha gonna do about it?"

I fondly look back to my youth, when we were at least deluded to think we were getting the truth...I never wanted to learn how the sausages were made!

Back
Top Bottom