The Merrill Garland Supreme Court Nominee Megathread

Translated: that means there's a good chance of him being an RKBA hating douchebag. He might even be a decent judge otherwise but for this position anyone that isn't firmly in support of the constitution is unacceptable. I don't even care much about how they vote outside of that, but having jurists who waffle on the bill of rights is unacceptable.

-Mike
This.

The monkey like hijinks our elected officials have been up to have turned me into a one issue voter. That one issue is the Constitution.

If you can't figure out how to solve problems within the framework of our country, you need to abdicate your chair, publicly apologize to your constituents for failing, and go home.

I have read the briefs Garland was involved with re Heller. And while I am not horrified by his potential nomination, it is possibly the most likely one Obama could have made.

I predict the R's will cave. There will be hearings and lots and lots of ratings driven calculated debate in the media. Both sides will say how much good they are doing holding their ground against the evilness of the other party.

He will end up being confirmed. Then the R will cry about how they compromised for the good of the blah blah blah and show how moderate this Justice is. All in hopes of using it as an electoral currency generator for whom ever they have already decided to back in July.

In the end... To quote Newt: "it won't make any difference". It will just be a huge distraction from actually doing the jobs they are supposed to be doing.

I actually feel sorry for Garland.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

This.

The monkey like hijinks our elected officials have been up to have turned me into a one issue voter. That one issue is the Constitution.

If you can't figure out how to solve problems within the framework of our country, you need to abdicate your chair, publicly apologize to your constituents for failing, and go home.

I have read the briefs Garland was involved with re Heller. And while I am not horrified by his potential nomination, it is possibly the most likely one Obama could have made.

I predict the R's will cave. There will be hearings and lots and lots of ratings driven calculated debate in the media. Both sides will say how much good they are doing holding their ground against the evilness of the other party.

He will end up being confirmed. Then the R will cry about how they compromised for the good of the blah blah blah and show how moderate this Justice is. All in hopes of using it as an electoral currency generator for whom ever they have already decided to back in July.

In the end... To quote Newt: "it won't make any difference". It will just be a huge distraction from actually doing the jobs they are supposed to be doing.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Your probably right.
The R's will do what they've been doing all along and hand our ass over on a silver plate.
Then scratch their heads and wonder why a guy like Trump has gotten so far.
THEY created the Trump machine , and like Frankenstein it's loose and out of their control.

Yeah, me too. I feel sorry for any Anti-2A "man" who weeps like a little pussyass fairy, while "standing up" in front of his wife, his entire family, millions of Americans and billions across the world during his one greatest moment of his life. I feel sorry for him too....

Actually, no I don't. Not even a little.

If the Senate refuses to allow hearings, then the independents will be PO'd to the point where they may support the D's en masse and throw the election if Trump doesn't and probably give the Senate back to the Dems.
Most "Independents", if they are truly "Independent", call themselves as much because they don't really pay enough attention to our government and how it works to have really strong opinions one way or the other about anything. The only people who are really "PO'd" about the lack of Garland confirmation hearings are extreme libtards and RINOs, especially those libtards and RINOs who hate the 2A and all it stands for.

Back
Top Bottom