• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The new GSG 522

On the page: "We tried not to forget about you CA."

How about MA? How come CA can get stuff, but people don't build special MA models? Not this in particular, but more in general.

How about MA? How come CA can get stuff, but people don't build special MA models? Not this in particular, but more in general.

A lot of companies seem to cater to CA. Probably just because they see it as a larger potential market. Mass just isn't big enough to put the R+D in to I suppose.

the 522pk pistol will be under 50 oz. So it should be available to the leo crowd. I'm sure you will see a couple of these for sale sooner or later.

I was at a meeting where a VP at Smith & Wesson was speaking, and someone asked him this question. I recall him saying something about the CA firearms market being 10x bigger than Massachusetts, which is why a lot of companies (like Springfield) will spend the money to cater to California, but not to smaller markets like Massachusetts.

I was at a meeting where a VP at Smith & Wesson was speaking, and someone asked him this question. I recall him saying something about the CA firearms market being 10x bigger than Massachusetts, which is why a lot of companies (like Springfield) will spend the money to cater to California, but not to smaller markets like Massachusetts.

WE MUST FIX THIS!!!!! 10x the market huh? ok everyone here needs to buy 10x the guns they normally would this year!![smile]

WE MUST FIX THIS!!!!! 10x the market huh? ok everyone here needs to buy 10x the guns they normally would this year!![smile]

If something is 'CA legal' isn't it automatically 'MA legal'? Pretty sure their AWB is a little more strict than ours...

And S&W certainly caters to the MA market more so than the CA market. Try getting an AR out there with a pistol grip.

If something is 'CA legal' isn't it automatically 'MA legal'? Pretty sure their AWB is a little more strict than ours...

And S&W certainly caters to the MA market more so than the CA market. Try getting an AR out there with a pistol grip.

CA also has a larger approved handgun list IIRC. And yes their AWB is much more ridiculous than ours. Even with all of those tough laws people still get in to firearms which is good. Hopefully the more people that do out there will help turn the laws back in their favor.

the 522pk pistol will be under 50 oz. So it should be available to the leo crowd. I'm sure you will see a couple of these for sale sooner or later.

Would adding ANYTHING to the pistol, like a sight, make it fall under the AWB? Or is it 50 oz, unloaded, minus accessories, etc...?

Back
Top Bottom