The new US Navy Mark VI Patrol Boat

beaker

NES Member
Last edited:
It just is so amazing that they are still using Browning .50 caliber machine guns. It's a 100 year old design. I wonder what JMB would think?

My hopes are that John Browning and Col. Sam Colt are relaxing on a cloud, having a cocktail dreaming up some new ways to offend the liberals and will send their heirs the new ideas. LOL One can dream can't I?
Browning was a teetotaler, so I expect he'd abstain. That said, I hope he would be proud of the staying power on so many of his designs.

Finally something our tax dollars bought that I actually whole heartedly approve of.

...and it seems to work...

Navy turns to outside experts to fix Ford carrier's elevator problems
USS Gerald R Ford returns to port with propulsion issues

Supersonic speeds could cause big problems for the F-35′s stealth coating

"At extremely high altitudes, the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps’ versions of the F-35 jet can only fly at supersonic speeds for short bursts of time before there is a risk of structural damage and loss of stealth capability, a problem that may make it impossible for the Navy’s F-35C to conduct supersonic intercepts."

Navy's F-35C Stealth Fighters Won't Fly From Troubled New Ford Class Carriers For Years

My hopes are that John Browning and Col. Sam Colt are relaxing on a cloud, having a cocktail dreaming up some new ways to offend the liberals and will send their heirs the new ideas. LOL One can dream can't I?
I hope Eugene Stoner and General Mikhail Kalashnikov buy the first round!

Obama's Naval Improvements..

iu

And the Obama A10...

iu

And don't forget the updated Abrams...

iu

It's hard to fund the military, when you are giving away free phones and lobsters to the poor...

It just is so amazing that they are still using Browning .50 caliber machine guns. It's a 100 year old design. I wonder what JMB would think?

It works just about flawlessly. In the hands of a gunner who understands headspace and timing, given a spare barrel, it’ll run forever.

I don’t believe they’re still making them. I THINK all the stuff in current inventory is very old production, though I’d welcome correction. My platoon’s M2 in 1999 was a General Electric Refrigerator Division product from 1942. Ran fine.

In 1950 some experimental boats were built, the first being the PT 810. 89" aluminum hull follow up to the PT's of WWII with lots's of heavy firepower. The technology was limited compared to these, but in there time I never understood why they weren't continued and eventually scrapped. They were pretty cool.

It works just about flawlessly. In the hands of a gunner who understands headspace and timing, given a spare barrel, it’ll run forever.

I don’t believe they’re still making them. I THINK all the stuff in current inventory is very old production, though I’d welcome correction. My platoon’s M2 in 1999 was a General Electric Refrigerator Division product from 1942. Ran fine.
They are still cranking them out M2HB | Weapons | US Ordnance

Last edited:
It reminds me of Thunderbird 2., when it does a 180 on its own axis...

View: https://youtu.be/E5KOxgXJi9A

I’d never heard of these vessels before. They’re very interesting.

So, they’re owned by the US government and operated by the US Merchant Marine on behalf of the DoD? Is that the idea?

Why not just have the Navy operate them?

Back
Top Bottom