• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The NRA Has Lost Over a Million Members Since Corruption Allegations Surfaced

I'm a proud Lifetime Member.

I do agree the corruption and mismanagement has to be dealt with and the organization as a whole need a lot of work.

Completely abandoning a 2A organization that has done a lot in the past; is like leaving this country.

Yes the NRA needs to be fixed! Yes the country needs to be fixed!

Do anything that you can do, to fix them instead of abandoning them.

I do agree the corruption and mismanagement has to be dealt with and the organization as a whole need a lot of work.

Completely abandoning a 2A organization that has done a lot in the past; is like leaving this country.

Well first, they or more accurately Wayne bailed on us , not the other way around.
Secondly what exactly is the plan to fix it ?
The way it's rigged , old Wayne is in there like a tick till he either dies or decides to go. Not a moment before.
Sometimes a house is just too far gone to save and you have to tear it down and rebuild .

Lefties think this is a sign that more and more people support “common sense gun safety legislation” and are rejecting the extremists at the NRA.

Just got a NRA envelope in the mail.... for the last couple years I rip it up and trash it without reading... I used to give them $100 a year donation and the membership.
After the last several years of them wasteful spending and drama in the news. I have zero interest in them.. I heard some wild things about that guy LaPierre?
I send my donation to GOAL & GOA instead...
Never thought in a million years I'd end up disgusted with the NRA

I'm a member just because my local gun club requires it. But I give them just the bare minimum to keep the membership. Nothing more. I'm a member of GOAL and GOA as well. GOA at least has fight in them. Even GOAL, I feel, lays down too much. So when I have extra to give, GOA gets it. I'm all set with pussies. I want to be with the people who throw down and throw back.

What's the NRA done for you in the last 10 years?

Good speech Patrick Henry.

But, THEY have abandoned US.

Nra offers range insurance and it probably has to do with that.
Widely believed, but untrue. 2 of the clubs that I've belonged to believed this and required NRA membership to join. However, both finally realized that it really is NOT a requirement for the club to obtain insurance thru NRA. Additionally, 3 of my clubs discovered better coverage for less cost (NRA gets a kick-back) and thus dropped NRA membership as a requirement.

Key words are "that has done a lot in the past".
What have they done lately?

Past performance is not an indicator of future performance.

My hard earned money is NOT going to an organization that has lost it's way. When the NRA completely gets rid of Wayne and his cronies, tightens the purse strings and changes the way they do business, they'll get some of my money again. Until then, nope.

GOAL, Comm2A, FPC and GOA get my money now.....

I've been a life member since the mid-late 1970s and I sponsored a ton of NES'rs years ago here for a cheap offer of life membership.

I remember when Wayne visited a GOAL event many years ago and I found him sleezey as hell. I now live in NH but NRA will not get another nickle from me (other than NRA instructor expenses) until Wayne is terminated which is very likely not to happen in my lifetime. It's a swamp and he's deeply embedded.

How easily the right is manipulated. NRA needed a wake up call, but losing that many members hurts us just as much as them. Did GOA gain a million members?

The only way to fix the NRA is by hitting them in their wallet and cutting off their money. That’s the only thing they understand or care about now. Enough people stop paying sends a pretty loud and painful message that they need to get their act together.

Wayne will single handedly destroy the organization.
No, he has plenty of help.

Defending the NRA is like supporting our current government.
The NRA is 5 million+ Americans. Its more than just its current shitty leadership just like the country is more than just its current shitty government. Defending the NRA is like supporting our country under its currently shitty government. I dont support the NRA’s leadership and don‘t defend its decisions over the last 30+ years, which is why we need new leadership. I support the millions of Americans that still believe in the Constitution.

Last edited:
For some odd reason our gun club still requires proof of an annual NRA membership to be a member. It's probably a good time to rethink that policy.

I've moved to NC, but when I was in MA our club had a similar rule. NRA membership. But they accepted GOAL as a substitute. You might suggest that, or Comm2A, or GOA, etc. as viable alternatives. Hopefully you won't get much pushback.

I have been told that it's in one of my club's bylaws but they haven't checked it in years and if they did, I'd quit if they still required it. I sent an email a year or two ago suggesting that they change their bylaws but since they're at membership capacity & run by FUDDs, they're not inclined to do anything about it. My other club accepts GOAL and they do check at every renewal. Personally I don't think clubs should be in the NRA/GOAL etc. membership requirement business although I have no problem w/ them actively encouraging membership.

There are other insurance companies available. That’s a fact. It happened when I was on the board.

Years ago I had a nice woman on the phone trying to get me to rejoin. I clearly stated that it would not happen after they never spent a dime on protecting gun rights in MA. She politely admitted that MA was a lost cause.

Widely believed, but untrue. 2 of the clubs that I've belonged to believed this and required NRA membership to join. However, both finally realized that it really is NOT a requirement for the club to obtain insurance thru NRA. Additionally, 3 of my clubs discovered better coverage for less cost (NRA gets a kick-back) and thus dropped NRA membership as a requirement.

I don't sell this type of insurance but I'd be stunned if it's an insurance requirement, plus the NRA isn't the only game in town for club insurance. 90% of the time someone says "insurance company requires such and such“ it's pure BS, it's a cop out. Clubs insurance carriers may have RSO & NRA Safety requirements but no way do I believe that they require NRA membership for all club members. I'm guessing it was strongly suggested many years ago by whoever sold them the policy and clubs put it in their bylaws and FUDDs gonna FUDD. I'd demand to see the policy language that requires NRA membership by all club members if they told me it's an insurance requirement.

Last edited:
I have been told that it's in one of my club's bylaws but they haven't checked it in years and if they did, I'd quit if they still required it. I sent an email a year or two ago suggesting that they change their bylaws but since they're at membership capacity & run by FUDDs, they're not inclined to do anything about it. My other club accepts GOAL and they do check at every renewal. Personally I don't think clubs should be in the NRA/GOAL etc. membership requirement business although I have no problem w/ them actively encouraging membership.

I don't sell this type of insurance but I'd be stunned if it's an insurance requirement, plus the NRA isn't the only game in town for club insurance. 90% of the time someone says "insurance company requires such and such it's pure BS, it's a cop out. Clubs insurance carriers may have RSO & NRA Safety requirements but no way do I believe that they require NRA membership for all club members. I'm guessing it was strongly suggested many years ago by whoever sold them the policy and clubs put it in their bylaws and FUDDs gonna FUDD. I'd demand to see the policy language that requires NRA membership by all club members if they told me it's an insurance requirement.
Years ago I found a company selling the exact same instructor insurance as NRA for the same money. It was an agency around the Worcester area IIRC, called something like Chiaro? I'll bet that they also sell club insurance as well. Both are probably thru Lockton, just like NRA.

I quit goal when they called for videoing school kids back in 2015. I quit the nra in 2009. Waste of money in both cases.

I’m no Fudd. I think anyone who wants to carry should do just that. I oppose nonviolent felony restrictions and believe that good people can make mistakes and learn to be better humans. I think we need all the good folks we folks we can muster.

I own AK and SKS type rifles and enjoy them. I have handguns for carry and I adore trap shooting. Some if my fondest memories are from the range with elders no longer here.

These orgs aren’t about that anymore. It’s more about culture war than our shared culture. YMMV

This is an honest question here, not snark: What was the last thing the NRA did that actually mattered to gun rights? Not just a passing gesture. Like actually helped, upheld, and/or furthered gun rights? I'm honestly asking, as I've only read negative things about them, but would be interested in the opposing view. I'm not an NRA member, nor have I been pressured to be one by a club. Just curious.

Back
Top Bottom