• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The NRA Has Lost Over a Million Members Since Corruption Allegations Surfaced

I’m friends with former board members there and you should hear the bs that gets pulled and how they rope you in and force you to tow the line. They won’t get a dime from me before a massive restructuring of the org.

I’m not very happy with the NRA, even the money they waste on mailers is beyond stupid.

Just the other day I got a letter looked like it was from a collection agent that said something like
“Your membership is expiring, urgent action is needed”

I mean for f*** sakes I’m not no only a lifetime member, I’m a “benefactor” member which is like 20x a lifetime member ship and more money in guns then like 98% of people own.

To be expected. I'm a life member, but won't give them another dime until LaPierre is out and the board is reformed.
Same. Every time I see NRA on the caller ID I answer. I listen patiently while they try to convince me to upgrade to endowment member. Then I tell them they will not see one cent from me as long as Wayne is involved, my money goes to GOAL and Comm2A instead. They called 2 nights ago.

I live in Maine now. I’m not giving one red cent to the NRA for the dry cleaning bills.
This...until Wayne leaves.....or whatever. No NRA for me.

I take the money and put it towards Comm 2A, GOAL, GOA, etc.....I'm not fully aware and I may be wrong, I don't see NRA on a lot of the recent Supreme Court lawsuits ....I do see other organizations though. Those are the other orgs I will support.

Ive been pushing at my club to try and put in a bylaw that everyone should be a GOAL or Comm 2A donator to be a member of the club.

I have managed to avoid their fundraising telemarketing calls as I shut the ringers off my house phones, but yesterday I got a call on my cell phone somehow from a paid fundraiser. I don't give to ANY paid fundraisers nevermind to nra, they are out of touch like our government.

I’m not very happy with the NRA, even the money they waste on mailers is beyond stupid.

Just the other day I got a letter looked like it was from a collection agent that said something like
“Your membership is expiring, urgent action is needed”

I mean for f*** sakes I’m not no only a lifetime member, I’m a “benefactor” member which is like 20x a lifetime member ship and more money in guns then like 98% of people own.
My understanding is that all the mailers are handled by a contract firm with a very lucrative contract and 'cozy' relationship with key board members.

Obviously, the NRA doesn't give a shit about losing members, they're more concerned with maintaining their in-house power base. I'm a Patron so they don't call me anymore, but they get nothing from me until they clean house.

Back
Top Bottom