The one I almost let get away!

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I literally cannot tell you how many times I fondled this gun and let it go back in the case. I also couldn't get the damned thing out of my mind. I don't know why but I have a HUGE sweet spot for vintage S&W revolvers. Even though it wasn't overpriced in comparison to others I've seen online, I just didn't pulll the trigger. I thought for sure someone else would scoop it up. But, there I am yesterday walking into the gun store and there it was. Still in the case. DAMMIT!

I'm now the proud new owner of a beautiful example of a S&W. A nice M66-1 with the original pristine grips and very minimal wear. To think, I almost let it go. Well, almost....... [smile]

SW2.jpg
SW1.jpg

I literally cannot tell you how many times I fondled this gun and let it go back in the case. I also couldn't get the damned thing out of my mind. I don't know why but I have a HUGE sweet spot for vintage S&W revolvers. Even though it wasn't overpriced in comparison to others I've seen online, I just didn't pulll the trigger. I thought for sure someone else would scoop it up. But, there I am yesterday walking into the gun store and there it was. Still in the case. DAMMIT!

I'm now the proud new owner of a beautiful example of a S&W. A nice M66-1 with the original pristine grips and very minimal wear. To think, I almost let it go. Well, almost....... [smile]

View attachment 718621
View attachment 718622
Nice looking! IMO S&W made some of the finest revolvers.

Don't know shit about revolvers, but that looks kinda cool. Not cool enough to get me to go and buy my 1st revolver, but cool nonetheless. I don't think there is a revolver cool enough to make me want one lol
If the State Department didn't make us carry them while their agents had Sig 228s, I probably wouldn't have much interest either. Since I carried one for 3 years, it is sort of a nostalgia thing.
The Marine Corps had to give them a bunch of surplus Berettas so they could issue them back to us, but it was phased in - if you went through MSG school with the model 19, that is what you were issued. It didn't matter that I qualified with the M9 for the 3 years prior to MSG school.

I'm a sucker for revolvers & lever action rifles. They're not practical but they're so much fun.
I have a Marlin Model 1892 in 357 Magnum I bought personally from the late manager at Original Bob's, Jack Marlowe, an 1892 and 1873 in 38-40.
I have a S&W 617, (2) S& W 627-5's, S&W 686, (2) S&W 19's a Governor plus my late daughters S&W 686 and (2) S&W 940's. I think that's all of them.
My grandson's want to know what happened to their Aunties guns. I said your mother wanted them but they're for you when you turn 21.
I think I'm going to have Eddie Coyle engrave the 9MM. One will be "Thy Rod" and the other will be "Thy Staff".

First handgun I purchased was a Nickel 2-1/2" Model 19. Incredible trigger
I have one too with a Pachmayr Gripper Grip. It's my favorite Grip of any handgun I own, I wish they made them for the "N" Frame. My other 19 is Blued, 5" I think.

Last edited:
Sweet!!

I carried one (many) years ago when I worked for an armored car company. It was my main gun until I got a SW 669. I sold it (the 66) years later and regretted it.

I did a WTB here on NES and picked one up about a year ago. Got a good price and the gun was pristine. I still have not shot it, but glad to have one back!!!!!!

Don't know shit about revolvers, but that looks kinda cool. Not cool enough to get me to go and buy my 1st revolver, but cool nonetheless. I don't think there is a revolver cool enough to make me want one lol

Is this Colt revolver cool enough for you ???

The prices of revolvers here is crazy. I had bought within the last 10 years . S&W 686 , 66, 60 Dan Wesson 15 with wrench and a 6 inch barrel. For $400 each. A few weeks back. I couldn't help it. I picked up a 6 inch 686 for $800. Man that hurt. But, I hadn't bought one in so long.. Only to turn around and spend $1000 on a 10mm. I need more moon clips tho. Snubby .38's had been in the $300 range all day long. Actually. Back in Michigan, they can still be had. I still look to find that deal. Just not as common as before. I do understand why they are more expensive here. Not worth the gas now to get'em. lol

Revolvers are like a work of art.

Well, like most weekends I'm here in America. I was fishing around in the safe and in the door pouches I've got most of my revolvers. I recalled this thread from a while back and thought I'd let them out for a photo op. I also realized that I gave my S&W 686 to my late daughter and now I have it back so I only have one, not two. I have a couple of beaters back in Mass, a 38 top break and some other piece of shit, might also be a 38, but all the sweethearts come up here.

1676949919004.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom