• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The Open Carry Warzone (enter at own risk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I’ve open/concealed carried with a Sneaky Pete before. At the grocery store the cashier asked if I was a cop. I also open carried with the Sneaky Pete at the bar and it was pretty obvious I was carrying and I was definitely getting looks. I ended up retiring the Sneaky Pete but honestly I really liked rocking it.

In MA open carry is likely to end up like a noise violation or a disturbing of the peace thing. If everyone at 7 11 freaks out and calls cops on open carry, then they will say it Is a disturbance to others. Just like shooting in your backyard. You may have the 500 ft and all that jazz, bottom line is that if enough c***s call, there will be action. I mean shit, they do not allow gas powered weed whackers or leaf blowers over such and such a decibel level in some towns

This may not be 'ideal' but it is no doubt the current state of affairs.

I carry concealed IWB and was told by firearms instructor it’s lawful to open carry in MA but it’s led to many a 911 call by liberal snowflakes for “man with a gun!”. In one case an actual assault charge was brought when a snowflake “felt” threatened when a concealed carrier printed reaching up for the cereal in a grocery store.

I don’t need that hassle.

Any open carry experiences?

Attachments

• CF50E74E-4F8D-4133-9577-71EC65914C94.jpeg
    CF50E74E-4F8D-4133-9577-71EC65914C94.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 67
I have open carried a few times over the years in MA and never had a problem. It’s not something I would normally do even in NH because I think it’s dooshy and a bad tactical choice. Just my opinion, but I don’t like to draw any attention.

I just can’t think of one good reason to OC when you can CC. Even with a large frame pistol, just get a Hawaiian type shirt to cover it.

In MA open carry is likely to end up like a noise violation or a disturbing of the peace thing. If everyone at 7 11 freaks out and calls cops on open carry, then they will say it Is a disturbance to others. Just like shooting in your backyard. You may have the 500 ft and all that jazz, bottom line is that if enough c***s call, there will be action. I mean shit, they do not allow gas powered weed whackers or leaf blowers over such and such a decibel level in some towns

This may not be 'ideal' but it is no doubt the current state of affairs.
Depends on the town - sometimes they just ask you to move your range further back on your property so that they can tell the complaining party that you are completely legal and moved to make them happy.

Tactically open carry doesn't work for me. But I would care if I saw someone doing it. People fear too much.

Reactions: AHM
Ive never openly carried outside my home in MA. Years ago i took a trip to NH for a day and tried it out to see what it was like.

ill admit, it wasnt the smartest thing ive ever done. All i had was a $5 uncle mikes nylon holster. It would have been seriously easy for someone to snatch my pistol at the diner i ate at. I was a new gun owner and i was still figuring things out. I would never openly carry in the same way now, but thats with almost a decade of experience under my belt.

on a related note ive spotted a maybe 5 average joes carrying since then. Usually i just say “cool” to myself and move on. Ive never witnessed any incidents related to open (or concealed) carry.

Unless making a political “statement” or on a range, open carry is beyond stupid. Given the OP’s other absurd thread suggesting indiscriminate searches of everyone in poor urban areas I’m guessing the current open-carry thread is borne out of some silly CCW fantasies academically based on action movies.

a perpetrator always has the drop on their target or bystanders. That is a huge advantage and readily overlooked until one studies criminal activity. Add to that I’m toting around two little boys around. God forbid i get stuck in a shit situation the last thing I need is to have a target on my face because there’s a pistol strapped to my hip.

a lesser reason i never open carry is that I carry a full size pistol with a healthy amount of ammo. Today i had 61 rounds of 147gr HST on my appendix rig. I don’t want that visible (or accessible) to anyone around me. Out of sight - out of mind. Dang i spend most of my time looking for chocolate milk or chasing down a toddler...LAST thing i need is some winner trying to get my pistol.

I don't open carry, but I do carry a Glock 19 OWB in the winter. It is mostly hidden under my shirt and I don't really care if people notice it when I'm grabbing the Cocoa Puffs off the top shelf.
It's a day late,
but I've got your April Fools avatar.
... they’ve been so propagandized that guns are bad that the irony of actually confronting and accosting someone with a gun, for having a gun, goes right over their heads. It’s mind boggling.
And yet when you tell them,
"I'll believe you're afraid of me open carrying a pistol
when you start behaving like you're afraid of me open carrying a pistol",
the cops get all bent out of shape and charge you with assault.

Go figure!

Does it count as "open carry" when everyone passing by on the busy street bordering one side of my house sees me carrying an AR and AK to my garage for cleaning in broad daylight 🤔
Is it open carry every week when you carry your rifle cases and ammo can to the car on the way to the range? I’m sure my neighbors know what’s going on. We still wave and say hello.
It doesn't count unless people stopped at a traffic light
actually see you moving a longarm from your car into your house.

Tactically open carry doesn't work for me.
Things that don't work for people: LTFY.

Unless making a political “statement” or on a range, open carry is beyond stupid. Given the OP’s other absurd thread suggesting indiscriminate searches of everyone in poor urban areas I’m guessing the current open-carry thread is borne out of some silly CCW fantasies academically based on action movies.
Wow, spoken like a true dick head

Reactions: JRT
+1 for a quality holster and concealed. You’ll never get hassled and never have to explain yourself out of a sticky situation..

I OWB my Glock 30 in the winter months, last year my brother in-law and I were at the mall getting some Christmas shopping done, I was wearing a sport coat instead of my normal Carrhartt and the butt of my pistol got caught under the rear cut on my jacket, heard someone gasp behind me as I smoothed it back over.

As we were leaving the store I noticed that we had picked up 3-4 security guards staying about 25-30’ away from us, we were working our way to the exit when 6-7 cops showed up and pulled me aside, asked if I had a firearm and if I was licensed, I explained what had happened and that because of the cut on the back of the coat it slid over and got caught when I was getting my wallet out. While they ran my license we were shooting the shit about guns, where I shot if I was into any competition style stuff the officer that pulled me aside said he carried the same off duty and wished more people would carry, told us we were all set, could keep shopping and to have a nice night.

This was in Leominster Ma, I don’t open carry and this is a good example of people freaking out and over reacting, luckily the officers that responded did it without any extra theatrics

I OWB my Glock 30 in the winter months, last year my brother in-law and I were at the mall getting some Christmas shopping done, I was wearing a sport coat instead of my normal Carrhartt and the butt of my pistol got caught under the rear cut on my jacket, heard someone gasp behind me as I smoothed it back over.

As we were leaving the store I noticed that we had picked up 3-4 security guards staying about 25-30’ away from us, we were working our way to the exit when 6-7 cops showed up and pulled me aside, asked if I had a firearm and if I was licensed, I explained what had happened and that because of the cut on the back of the coat it slid over and got caught when I was getting my wallet out. While they ran my license we were shooting the shit about guns, where I shot if I was into any competition style stuff the officer that pulled me aside said he carried the same off duty and wished more people would carry, told us we were all set, could keep shopping and to have a nice night.

This was in Leominster Ma, I don’t open carry and this is a good example of people freaking out and over reacting, luckily the officers that responded did it without any extra theatrics
Glock 30 is my winter carry too! IWB though, but it definitely still has a tendency to poke out.

I used to worry about printing when I first got my license. I never worry about it now. Open carry? Who wants to be the first target for the bad guy? Practice gray man. I’m starting to get an outline of my Seecamp in my jeans pocket. Nobody notices. People are in their own worlds.

I used to worry about printing when I first got my license. I never worry about it now. Open carry? Who wants to be the first target for the bad guy? Practice gray man. I’m starting to get an outline of my Seecamp in my jeans pocket. Nobody notices. People are in their own worlds.
WTF, thread was just getting good and OP decides to rename the thread DELETE. Dammit, let this thread live op and grow a set.

I will never understand why the people who are concerned/threatened about a "man with a gun" (who is not threatening anyone) get on the phone and request for more people with guns to show up, all of them usually open carrying?
Because that is what they are conditioned to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom