The Poor Man’s Guide To Survival Gear

Bob J

NES Member
Some interesting stuff here......[thinking]

poor-mans-guide-survival-gear

The overall consensus within the prepper community is that survival planning is expensive, and yes, it certainly can be. Another consensus is that you “get what you pay for”; also true...to a point. My belief is that while no prepping model is free of expense or of quality concerns, perhaps there is a middle road that activists with thin wallets can take which will provide solid gear for less money, and that will serve most of the functions of high-end gear that is ten times as expensive. Let’s examine a foundation list of those items that can help get you started now….

after reading it, I'm rethinking a solar kit as a backup (and good for camping)....but while they gave some price ranges, no links. Anyone have any good links for a solar kit?

Interesting reading. There are many places where corners can be cut, but this bit is just plain wrong...

To be honest, there are plenty of knockoff combat boots found in sporting goods stores, usually in the hiking section, that are just as durable as the expensive models...

Chinese footware is junk. All of it. If you're just out for a stroll, might be OK, but if you are working hard and relying on your boots, go with good US made brands.

If you're a "poor man" pack rat like me the best thing you can do is organize your stuff so you can actually find what you need when you need it.

For me it's a lifelong chore [smile]

Back
Top Bottom