The prices you guys are charging for guns/ammo is absolute extortion

Weston Shooters Club listed primers for what they felt their opportunity cost was. When they said "not worth selling at $100" they did not mean "$150 profit is not enough" but rather "At $100 we feel it is more advantageous to keep in our inventory to support making ammo for our members than depleting our stock as we do not know when we will be able to place a new order, or how long it will take". Unfortunately, they did not make that point clear and people actually thought they were trying to make a killing on the 1M primers, initiating much NES invective replete with unflattering innuendo.

It's like my Serbu 50BMG (50A, not the model that blew up). There is a price at which I would part with it, but I am not listing it because I would look like some fort of deluded arbitrageur. Ditto for what it would take to buy my house now.

IMO their mistake was not simply taking ownership of their price. All they had to do was come right out and say that instead of like wussing out and editing a post and all that stuff.

I recently told a rando outsider that was begging for help that I wouldn't work on a consumer laptop for anything less than $10,000.... I also said simultaneously that I realize the price for that is insane, but you have to take the perspective that basically you would be paying for all the time/money losses that I've incurred in the past 20 years in terms of touching these types of laptops. It's literally not worth it.

And I think the prices of nice homes in MA are FRIGGIN RIDICULOUS and EXTORTION and...(etc etc etc).....So, therefore, in a free-market economy, I have two options...One, buy a house cuz I want it....or two, don't buy it cuz nobody is forcing me to buy it, and therefore I'm just as FREE to not bother with it and just walk away.....Just like the seller is FREE to ask for whatever "ridiculous" price he wishes to ask for whatever he's selling.

Jeezuz.

Last edited:
I think many of them are already doing that. I've noticed a lot of stuff rotting around here recently because it's not priced appropriately for the market. Even this insane market. A lot of this is because there are less retards at the trough now.

The idea that someone asking for a stupid price for something is "greedy" is kinda retarded. It makes us look like commies. I'd rather the free market be supported even if some of the sellers are irrational. It's no different than the awful gas station in town with the shit price. I don't ascribe malice to the guys actions. Even the amateur hour flippers just want to make a few bucks.

Imho "greed" is taking too many free mints at the restaurant so nobody else can have them. Putting a retarded price on something isn't malicious. I have a Glock on my side i wouldn't sell for less than $3000. It's definitely not worth that "objectively". I don't consider myself greedy for not wanting to sell it for less than that. There's no malice there. No different than the flippers. The only functional difference is i don't have an ad for my gun.

I agree with you that the flippers are going to be sitting around awhile, hedging. Market of rubes is soft, lol. Whatever, not my money tied up with them, lol.
Substitute $35 boxes of primers for free mints and that's the gist of what I'm saying but I totally agree on letting the free market ride where it will. Hey, I have to bitch at somebody for taking away my ability to buy shit whenever I want LOL. Everyone has to have a bogeyman or at least a scapegoat. Mine snatches up primers and lists them for 10X MSRP- and there they sit.

Rumor has it that Keanu Reeves is so pissed off about the ammo shortage that he banned guns from John Wick 5. I still have some connections in Hollywood and was able to get my hands on a spy photo of Baba Yaga himself doing his own weapons stunts, as usual...

MxDaoBNh-F0fg6ldwYfgtzFbHPXOoqnphj1RVSRvsgnIxWy6-XlTtqL3vH5CbXXjZT5bTT2IWPivFcH7n4BKNJ4ik3IYrw6BLPlbJuT5KnsENuKQ0QdGUgSBXMmXe547COYxwOc2H6F3xY8

Man, this really took off.

Listen y'all, next time you're ready to start bitching about the outrageous prices let me know what you have and what you're willing to sell for, I'm lookin for some $70 poverty ponys and $15 boxes of 9mm.

I got cash and your back, I'm a pretty tight lipped guy.

LOL! I'm dying to see a video of an operator trying that on asphalt.

And every hetero guy just thought.... threesome.

True, but with interest rates so low, the mortgage on a $600k home is about $1500 per month with a 30 year fixed. You can't find a two bedroom apartment for under $2k. Throw the extra $500 a month at the mortgage and pay it off in about 10 years.
No offense, but the mortgage numbers you just threw out there are not accurate. At all.

No offense, but the mortgage numbers you just threw out there are not accurate. At all.
No offense taken. 600k home. 20% down payment. $480k mortgage at 2.3% is a monthly payment of $1847. Granted I did say about $1500 but I wasn't to far off for just winging it.
With interest so low, additional payments will really knock down the principal quickly. Conventional wisdom is that making one extra mortgage payment a year pays off a 30 year note in 20 years. Throwing an extra $500 per month is like making 3+ extra payments per year, so again, not to bad for winging it.
1620179283383.png

I know a guy from a free state who bought a crate of 500 $6 Tapco standard capacity AK mags right after Sandy Hook. Just waiting for the moment to flip it at the right market value. He's probably thinking maybe now is about the right time to sell some individual "repair kits" [smile]. Scalping is an investment strategy I guess.

No offense taken. 600k home. 20% down payment. $480k mortgage at 2.3% is a monthly payment of $1847. Granted I did say about $1500 but I wasn't to far off for just winging it.
With interest so low, additional payments will really knock down the principal quickly. Conventional wisdom is that making one extra mortgage payment a year pays off a 30 year note in 20 years. Throwing an extra $500 per month is like making 3+ extra payments per year, so again, not to bad for winging it.
View attachment 479345
Again, no offense, but 20% down was an assumption (unstated but reasonable), no one is getting 2.3% on 80% LTV even were they a veteran, and your conventional wisdom is incorrect; moreover, in an ultra-low interest rate environment $500 extra a month would not have that kind of impact.
I'm just kind of guessing at some of that, but do not think I am mistaken.

Again, no offense, but 20% down was an assumption (unstated but reasonable), no one is getting 2.3% on 80% LTV even were they a veteran, and your conventional wisdom is incorrect; moreover, in an ultra-low interest rate environment $500 extra a month would not have that kind of impact.
I'm just kind of guessing at some of that, but do not think I am mistaken.
500 extra per month sure would have that impact. And 2.3 was doable at one point. Just my 2 cents

Everything but what my company makes apparently
Oh? So there's still a sale on something in America - what and where? I really need to 'flint on something so I can feel better about all the cash I keep hemorrhaging...

Amateurs', gotta do it big swinging dick operator style not slip and slide in the front yard style. [laugh]
eff99e7aef529c268745bd2cc19d2c5b.gif
When I was playing paintball with some regularity, a couple friends would wear modified umpire shins so they could do exactly that on the floor of the indoor arenas. It was totally awesome!

The idea that someone asking for a stupid price for something is "greedy" is kinda retarded. It makes us look like commies. I'd rather the free market be supported even if some of the sellers are irrational. It's no different than the awful gas station in town with the shit price. I don't ascribe malice to the guys actions. Even the amateur hour flippers just want to make a few bucks.
It goes further. At the end of the day both "greed" and "sloth" are actually good things. The desire to get more for less is literally the most important survival instinct in all living things. It's how we ensure the success of our progeny.

The thing is learning to read the room is an aquired skill - figure out how much you can get without your neighbor thinking you're too much of a prick, and you'll keep getting invited to the cool open-carry BBQs; cross that line, and you get to be remembered next to @Quiet. I think the 45¢ word for this is "socialization."

A fundamental flaw of the comparison was not adding in all the things that you do not pay when renting that you do if you own with a mortgage:

- Property taxes
- Insurance
- PMI if less than 20% down
- Lawn work/Snow removal (or do it yourself and pay in labor rather than $$, but you still pay)
- Water
- Routine maintenance -painting; floor refinishing; toilet seat replacement; any professional service call (plumber, electrician, exorcist, etc.)
- Non-routine maintenance
- Water heater; heating system; appliances; termite infestation; etc.
- Big money when the wife demands a new kitchen, bathroom or deck

These expenses are non-trivial and unavoidable and total hundreds a month.

Hey OP, I've got a really nice Springfield RO Operator in 9mm for 950 if you really can't find ANYTHING and that's under MSRP of 1047. Deals can be found.

If you're interested in .380, I've got a couple Sigs up in CT that I'm probably going to sell. A P232 and a P238.

Why haven't ammo prices come down after this thread complaining?

Unbelievable, you people really don't give a sh*t.

Eh, with zero interest its $1600 ish
Then figure the % its probably just under $2k?
nah , closer to $3K with no money down , no taxes or PMI-----shit the PMI will probably be a snit ton!
20yr ago I was pay $175 month!
anyway buying vs renting is moot.
Buying a 600,000 house payoff over 30 years is $1mil+. Renting for 30 years at $2500=$900,000
You can adjust for anything i missed but this is a pretty big swing.

Last edited:
True, but with interest rates so low, the mortgage on a $600k home is about $1500 per month with a 30 year fixed. You can't find a two bedroom apartment for under $2k. Throw the extra $500 a month at the mortgage and pay it off in about 10 years.
No one is getting close to zero. Everyone is getting around 2.5-2.9%.

Using those numbers.

2.5%
Assuming $0 down
$0 PMI
Only $4K in taxes and $600 for the insurance (should probably be more)
The payment is around $2,700/month.
Add another $150-200 for PMI.

That doesn't include closing costs.

Can we please get back to roasting the OP???

Can we please get back to roasting the OP???
It was a lot more fun.

A fundamental flaw of the comparison was not adding in all the things that you do not pay when renting that you do if you own with a mortgage:

- Property taxes
- Insurance
- PMI if less than 20% down
- Lawn work/Snow removal (or do it yourself and pay in labor rather than $$, but you still pay)
- Water
- Routine maintenance -painting; floor refinishing; toilet seat replacement; any professional service call (plumber, electrician, exorcist, etc.)
- Non-routine maintenance
- Water heater; heating system; appliances; termite infestation; etc.
- Big money when the wife demands a new kitchen, bathroom or deck

These expenses are non-trivial and unavoidable and total hundreds a month.
I've helped a ton of first time home buyers. I have this spreadsheet that I made that I gave to them with all these expenses they didn't think of. I created it back in 2006/07 when banks were throwing money at people without even considering if they could afford it. The way it calculated, they would enter their monthly net at the top, and all their expenses, I think I had it set to 30% of their pay for mortgage as default, and it would spit out what they could afford. They could change any of the numbers, but at least they could see what it would cost them. Most went over, but never to the number the bank approved them for.
Quite a few went from... I can afford a $350K house (so the bank said) to a $225K house (after I gave them my spreadsheet to punch in numbers)
I have it somewhere on a drive. I shold find it. It even had a tax rate picker of all the towns they would be looking in. In NH this was very important, as some towns could add $750 to their monthly payment. I think I had a few low dollar buyers drop towns like Derry, Windham, Brookline out of the running because the rates were too high at that time.

I've helped a ton of first time home buyers. I have this spreadsheet that I made that I gave to them with all these expenses they didn't think of. I created it back in 2006/07 when banks were throwing money at people without even considering if they could afford it. The way it calculated, they would enter their monthly net at the top, and all their expenses, I think I had it set to 30% of their pay for mortgage as default, and it would spit out what they could afford. They could change any of the numbers, but at least they could see what it would cost them. Most went over, but never to the number the bank approved them for.
Quite a few went from... I can afford a $350K house (so the bank said) to a $225K house (after I gave them my spreadsheet to punch in numbers)
I have it somewhere on a drive. I shold find it. It even had a tax rate picker of all the towns they would be looking in. In NH this was very important, as some towns could add $750 to their monthly payment. I think I had a few low dollar buyers drop towns like Derry, Windham, Brookline out of the running because the rates were too high at that time.
Yeah I remember getting approved for a rather large loan back in 2013 when my wife and I bought our house. We were making almost half of what we make now and what we were approved for was insane. We would have been living paycheck to paycheck just to afford the mortgage each month. Needless to say, we bought a house for like $150k less than what we were approved for lol

Back
Top Bottom