• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The public schools suck thread.

"Wow, you carry a GUN!!! I hope it's not loaded!"

I was with a group of friends, one of whom asks me "So, you carry your gun loaded...?"

Another friend responds, "Not much point in carrying unloaded, is there?"

My response, "That would make this thing a very expensive rock. And seeing as it's polymer, a rather ineffective rock."

"I'm the only guy in here who is qualified to safely handle <BANG>...."

"Don't bring your gun to my wedding"

"You can use one of those universal nylon holsters over there. It will fit pretty much any gun and clips onto your belt"

"You can't carry a gun. It's illegal"

"Woah you have hollowpoints? Those are illegal"

"I don't want you carrying a gun around my kids"

Last edited:
You don't need to carry more than a .22LR because more people have been killed with a .22LR than any other caliber.

I'm disappointed. I was waiting for you to post something like "You should carry a .40 S+W.... it's the best caliber ever " (or whatever that .40 S+W zealot said to you... lol) [rofl]

-Mike

SSS - is the worst advice I've seen or heard. Of course most of the time I think it's in jest.

??????????? This is bad????

Finally caught one with that. [wink]

I would never carry one again. I did for years, but from a defense standpoint, I figure whenever something bad happens, it's gonna be really quick, and very confusing/mind-boggling/upsetting/stressful etc. The extra step of either taking the safety off or cocking the hammer could very well be forgotten or bungled in that situation. I like simplicity, and the option of either a DA/SA pistol or a striker fired eliminates that extra step and makes it simply draw, point, fire.

It is all personal preference though. I won't run one. Again.

Last edited:
It's unchristian to carry a weapon for the purpose of self-defense.

Worst advice I've heard recently was "Don't bother applying for a carry permit in New Hampshire, you can just open carry instead. Why do all that paperwork when there's no reciprocity or other benefit to having the permit?"

My favorite "bad" advice was what one of nuns told the class back when I was in school -- She said it was not just illegal to carry a weapon for self-defense, but a sin and unchristian behavior to boot, yet it would be okay to use something you had on you anyway as an improvised weapon to protect yourself in the heat of the moment. So if you happen to have an ice pick in your purse because you're going to a party, go ahead and use it on a mugger, but don't dare to carry an ice pick regularly as preparation for the chance you might be mugged.

Yeah, like sun block attracts melanoma.
But sun block does encourage people to do stupid things, to not wear appropriate clothing coverage, and to spend way more time out in the sun than they would if they didn't have sunblock on.

Then there's the people who wear SPF .22 when everybody knows you need at least SPF .45 [wink]

"You can't carry a gun, you dont have police training like me. I can carry a gun" Dumbass who feels because she spent a summer as a part time P-Town cop that us untrained hordes can't carry.

"Boston is safe now. You don't ned a gun". Then, July 1994, School St Boston 11:00 PM walking to the bus station after work. Three punks step out of a doorway and ask for my money. Unzip my jacket and put my hand on my Ruger Security Six. in a shoulder holster. They look at each other and run away.

I bet I can smoke my town PD's SWAT "sniper" like a cheap cigar.

Jose, nothing against you, but that image is a little too much for me.

[rofl]

The worst advice I ever heard? It would probably be one of those gunshop employees who explains that a S&W airweight J-frame is the ideal gun for a new female shooter.
"See, you can put it right in your purse. It's perfect!"

When I was a teen working at a busy full service gas station my boss was mugged at knifepoint while making a deposit in a bank drop slot after hours. He applied for his then pistol permit for personal protection (Worcester 1975) and was denied because........drum roll.......... he didn't typically carry enough money to justify it.

I bet I can smoke my town PD's SWAT "sniper" like a cheap cigar.

Inappropriate Lewinsky reference withheld.

There's also a lot of cops who can't shoot for $hit...

I've shot with a number of state and local cops at my club and I will attest that there are a lot of cops that can't shoot worth a crap.

No argument, but there are way too many shooters who can't hit paper regularly at 25 feet.

Back
Top Bottom